Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Secret Machines 18:06 - Jun 6 with 1075 viewsTripleNiemi

Just reminiscing and playing my way through a couple of Secret Machines albums, cracking band. Anyone lucky enough to see them in the day before one of the brothers sadly passed away?

I have seen my fair share of bands in my life but alas i never caught these guys. Bit gutted really now.

If you had to name one artist or act you would go back in time to see, who would it be?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 18:08]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

The Secret Machines on 18:15 - Jun 6 with 1061 viewsVagina_Dentata

Saw them at Reading festival in 2004. They were great. Really loved the first album but never gave the second much play; I’ll have to dig it out and reassess it.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

The Secret Machines on 18:23 - Jun 6 with 1056 viewsTripleNiemi

The Secret Machines on 18:15 - Jun 6 by Vagina_Dentata

Saw them at Reading festival in 2004. They were great. Really loved the first album but never gave the second much play; I’ll have to dig it out and reassess it.

Of course as always, each to their own. I really like them tho. The remaining brother plays with Interpol these days so i suppose i can say i have seen 33.333333% of the band!

The Secret Machines on 18:47 - Jun 6 with 1036 viewsSadoldgit

I have never seen The Stones or King Crimson so a trip back to Hyde Park in 1969 would be awesome. I know that they are still doing the rounds but The Stones should have packed it in years ago and the version of KC I would like to see includes the late Greg Lake.
The Secret Machines on 18:56 - Jun 6 with 1026 viewssaint22

Amazing band that first album is brilliant and what a drummer he was!!
Saw them at the underworld in Camden once, brilliant live
The Secret Machines on 19:00 - Jun 6 with 1017 viewssaint22

First wave intact is some tune
The Secret Machines on 19:25 - Jun 6 with 1006 viewsBazza

The Secret Machines on 18:47 - Jun 6 by Sadoldgit

I have never seen The Stones or King Crimson so a trip back to Hyde Park in 1969 would be awesome. I know that they are still doing the rounds but The Stones should have packed it in years ago and the version of KC I would like to see includes the late Greg Lake.

Saw the brilliant Stones in Brighton 1970 I think. People queued overnight for tickets but a girl friend working in the bar got me a job guarding the stage door inside so actually got paid a few bob (literally) to watch as the roadies took control.. Ah memories
The Secret Machines on 19:50 - Jun 6 with 994 viewsTripleNiemi

The Secret Machines on 19:25 - Jun 6 by Bazza

Saw the brilliant Stones in Brighton 1970 I think. People queued overnight for tickets but a girl friend working in the bar got me a job guarding the stage door inside so actually got paid a few bob (literally) to watch as the roadies took control.. Ah memories

The Stones 1970....

Mick
Keef
Charlie
Bill

Ronnie or Mick Taylor at that time?

Great band even now.....what a live act.

The Secret Machines on 19:59 - Jun 6 with 985 viewsTripleNiemi

Some of the acts i missed / would love to have caught....

Pink Floyd
Led Zep
Hendrix
The Clash
Lonnie Donegan
Johnny Cash
INXS
ACDC with Bon Scott / Brian Johnson
Manics in their pomp ala Glastonbury 94 with Richey
New Order with Hooky
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 20:02]

Login to get fewer ads

The Secret Machines on 20:06 - Jun 6 with 968 viewsSadoldgit

The Secret Machines on 19:50 - Jun 6 by TripleNiemi

The Stones 1970....

Mick
Keef
Charlie
Bill

Ronnie or Mick Taylor at that time?

Great band even now.....what a live act.

Would have been Mick Taylor in those days.

Should have added Hendrix to my list and Wish You Were Here period Pink Floyd.
The Secret Machines on 21:46 - Jun 6 with 955 viewskingslandstand1

Would love to have seen KC in their prime with Greg Lake just for "Court of the Crimson King"
Managed to get to ELP at the Guildhall in circa 73 and Greg Lake Q&A also at Guildhall when saw ad by chance a few days before the year before he passed. Came across as a really nice guy
The Secret Machines on 22:23 - Jun 6 with 944 viewssaint22

The Secret Machines on 19:59 - Jun 6 by TripleNiemi

Some of the acts i missed / would love to have caught....

Pink Floyd
Led Zep
Hendrix
The Clash
Lonnie Donegan
Johnny Cash
INXS
ACDC with Bon Scott / Brian Johnson
Manics in their pomp ala Glastonbury 94 with Richey
New Order with Hooky
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 20:02]

The doors are the one band I wish I could have seen almost all others I have had the pleasure
The Secret Machines on 18:00 - Jun 7 with 861 viewsSadoldgit

The Secret Machines on 21:46 - Jun 6 by kingslandstand1

Would love to have seen KC in their prime with Greg Lake just for "Court of the Crimson King"
Managed to get to ELP at the Guildhall in circa 73 and Greg Lake Q&A also at Guildhall when saw ad by chance a few days before the year before he passed. Came across as a really nice guy

I saw ELP in 72,74 and 92. Greg Lake did a solo tour in 2005 and I got to meet him after the Croydon gig and he was very chatty. Did an amazing version of ITCITCK in that concert. Also get to meet Carl Palmer after his band played a cool place called Trading Boundaries south of East Grinstead. They book lots of old Prog bands and the place seats just over 100 people so you get to see them play up close. They have lots of tribute bands there too. Saw a great ELP tribute band called Noddys Puncture there along with excellent Yes and Pink Floyd bands. Steve Hackett from Genesis has played there several times. Sadly I never got to meet Keith Emerson but I live near someone who used to be his neighbour in Chiddingly so get to hear lots of stories. Sadly never got to see The Nice first time round but did see their tour in 2004 when they played the first half of he show then Emerson brought his own band on for an ELP set second half. Amazing to think that this stuff was produced 50 years ago! There were some great albums produced in the late 60’s early 70’s.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024