Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London 07:18 - Jun 12 with 7556 viewsPatfromPoole

Could be lively this weekend.

Looks like a few football lads will he going up to defend Churchill’s statue with more BLM protests planned.

Should be a sunny weekend, this may not end well at all.....

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

London on 07:20 - Jun 12 with 2505 viewsthissceptredsaint

Why would football fans be travelling to defend a statue?
London on 07:28 - Jun 12 with 2490 viewssaint22

London on 07:20 - Jun 12 by thissceptredsaint

Why would football fans be travelling to defend a statue?

I think that’s pretty obvious
The nationalism and patriotism in this country masquerading as something else maybe??
London on 08:13 - Jun 12 with 2447 viewsRon11

London on 07:28 - Jun 12 by saint22

I think that’s pretty obvious
The nationalism and patriotism in this country masquerading as something else maybe??

Like what?
London on 08:20 - Jun 12 with 2430 viewsWints76

The Football Lads Against Fascism have also mentioned countering the Football Lads Alliance thing as well

I wonder if like the other week, the 5-0 will be stopping people at train stations as trains should not be used for leisure purposes at the moment
[Post edited 12 Jun 2020 8:24]
London on 08:23 - Jun 12 with 2417 viewsHeisenberg

London on 08:13 - Jun 12 by Ron11

Like what?

Fear. Ignorance. Stupidity ? Take your pick.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

London on 08:28 - Jun 12 with 2405 viewsRon11

London on 08:23 - Jun 12 by Heisenberg

Fear. Ignorance. Stupidity ? Take your pick.

So to defend a statue from left wing anarchy springs from ignorance and fear and is stupid?
Sounds like a communist diktat to me.
London on 08:33 - Jun 12 with 2392 viewssolent_toffee

London on 08:20 - Jun 12 by Wints76

The Football Lads Against Fascism have also mentioned countering the Football Lads Alliance thing as well

I wonder if like the other week, the 5-0 will be stopping people at train stations as trains should not be used for leisure purposes at the moment

That’ll be a quiet night in at the library. Not. I don’t think.
London on 08:35 - Jun 12 with 2387 viewssaint22

London on 08:28 - Jun 12 by Ron11

So to defend a statue from left wing anarchy springs from ignorance and fear and is stupid?
Sounds like a communist diktat to me.

Sounds like fascist propaganda to me
Login to get fewer ads

London on 09:01 - Jun 12 with 2342 viewsBoris_

London on 08:20 - Jun 12 by Wints76

Please tell me that there's not a 'Football Lads Against Facism' movement?

Poll: Claude Puel

London on 09:03 - Jun 12 with 2342 viewsWints76

London on 09:01 - Jun 12 by Boris_

Yeh, there is. Think they are a bit more light hearted than the Football Lads Alliance one. Each to their own.
London on 09:03 - Jun 12 with 2342 viewsRednWight

Sounds like a load of FLAF to me

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

London on 09:06 - Jun 12 with 2334 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I did laugh out loud at that too, load of guff

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

London on 09:15 - Jun 12 with 2318 viewsRon11

London on 08:35 - Jun 12 by saint22

Sounds like fascist propaganda to me

How is that 'fascist'?
You're giving yourself away as a hardline marxist agitator with an agenda to destroy everything this country has ever been about.
London on 09:17 - Jun 12 with 2313 viewsbattler

London on 09:15 - Jun 12 by Ron11

How is that 'fascist'?
You're giving yourself away as a hardline marxist agitator with an agenda to destroy everything this country has ever been about.

You dont get it, you right wing nazi....
London on 09:17 - Jun 12 with 2312 viewsWints76

London on 09:06 - Jun 12 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I did laugh out loud at that too, load of guff

Isn't it all? Those FLA pictures with a bloke dressed head to toe in Stone Island paying his respects on Poppy Day. Even those half poppy/half football emblem badges that are sold.

But London may be horrible tomorrow regardless
London on 09:23 - Jun 12 with 2303 viewsBoris_

London on 09:17 - Jun 12 by Wints76

Isn't it all? Those FLA pictures with a bloke dressed head to toe in Stone Island paying his respects on Poppy Day. Even those half poppy/half football emblem badges that are sold.

To be fair, the white extreme left need to be brought down a peg or two and shown up for hijacking the BLM protests for their own unrelated political agenda.

I'd like to see some of those greasy students try and climb on Churchill this weekend.

There's already a rumbling that the Palmerston Statue in Romsey is on the 'list' of statues for the lunatic left to try and get removed. Would like to see them try.

Poll: Claude Puel

London on 09:35 - Jun 12 with 2291 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

London on 09:17 - Jun 12 by Wints76

Exactly - that's why I laughed!

All these little groups of people "lads against transphobia", "lads against mooslims", "lads against Tories", "lads against the lefties", "lads against the BBC", "football lads against HS2"

Just makes me chuckle. I'm starting my own if you want to join? "Lads who are quite moderate and easy going but laugh at the other groups, alliance"

London on 09:39 - Jun 12 with 2285 viewsWints76

Yep, there are undoubtedly people there just to cause trouble, and people there to provoke the far right in to responding by doing things like destroying statues. It is all wrong and not the way to protest (though when people are mocked for peaceful protests, then it does open this sort of thing up). I fear there are lots of places at boiling point at the moment, and people on the extremes of both sides of the spectrum that are awaiting their chance.

Also, as one of the liberal do gooders, I vote left because I want people to be given every chance and society to help one another with good public services etc. The current trend of ripping down statues and censoring our past for minimal reasons is counter productive to what I want. In my opinion.
London on 09:43 - Jun 12 with 2278 viewsWints76

London on 09:35 - Jun 12 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Exactly - that's why I laughed!

All these little groups of people "lads against transphobia", "lads against mooslims", "lads against Tories", "lads against the lefties", "lads against the BBC", "football lads against HS2"

Just makes me chuckle. I'm starting my own if you want to join? "Lads who are quite moderate and easy going but laugh at the other groups, alliance"

I'm in. Democratic vote for leader. Need more than 52% of the vote though.
London on 10:08 - Jun 12 with 2241 viewsRon11

London on 09:17 - Jun 12 by battler

You dont get it, you right wing nazi....

Nowhere near a nazi, I have always voted Labour until Corbyn took over and that I'm not going to vote for.
London on 10:29 - Jun 12 with 2218 viewssolent_toffee

London on 09:39 - Jun 12 by Wints76

Yep, there are undoubtedly people there just to cause trouble, and people there to provoke the far right in to responding by doing things like destroying statues. It is all wrong and not the way to protest (though when people are mocked for peaceful protests, then it does open this sort of thing up). I fear there are lots of places at boiling point at the moment, and people on the extremes of both sides of the spectrum that are awaiting their chance.

Also, as one of the liberal do gooders, I vote left because I want people to be given every chance and society to help one another with good public services etc. The current trend of ripping down statues and censoring our past for minimal reasons is counter productive to what I want. In my opinion.

Totally agree.

I listened to five live a few days ago and there was a guest on who wanted to see all statues, street names etc relating to Queen Victoria taken down and changed. This was along with a whole host of tv programmes and films, that it became clear when being challenged by a counter argument guest, that she’d never heard of until a few hours beforehand, but was now completely outraged and offended by. It’s become an unbelievably dangerous parody.

I lived and worked in Warrington for years. For reasons that escape me the town is linked to Oliver Cromwell and there are lots of street names and statues named after him. I was raised a Catholic so on paper/history, Cromwell could have been seen as someone who could Catholic’s could take offence by, but it would be madness to even think about taking the statue etc. It’s history, it happened, we are where we are and thats that, learn from it and move forward. Airbrushing history is a very dangerous precedent.
London on 10:46 - Jun 12 with 2203 viewsbattler

London on 10:29 - Jun 12 by solent_toffee

Totally agree.

I listened to five live a few days ago and there was a guest on who wanted to see all statues, street names etc relating to Queen Victoria taken down and changed. This was along with a whole host of tv programmes and films, that it became clear when being challenged by a counter argument guest, that she’d never heard of until a few hours beforehand, but was now completely outraged and offended by. It’s become an unbelievably dangerous parody.

I lived and worked in Warrington for years. For reasons that escape me the town is linked to Oliver Cromwell and there are lots of street names and statues named after him. I was raised a Catholic so on paper/history, Cromwell could have been seen as someone who could Catholic’s could take offence by, but it would be madness to even think about taking the statue etc. It’s history, it happened, we are where we are and thats that, learn from it and move forward. Airbrushing history is a very dangerous precedent.

You want to be careful with that kind of statement ST, almost sounds like common sense thinking.
London on 10:57 - Jun 12 with 2176 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Absolutely this!

London on 11:05 - Jun 12 with 2157 viewsSadoldgit

Totally agree with you although I don’t think it hurts to have a review every now and again. Apparently discussions about Colston had been going on for some time so it is a shame that the statue issue wasn’t dealt with sooner through official channels. The same for many other statue subjects with chequered pasts. I am not for pulling them all down but it is clear that a better context is needed and the wording on several plaques probably needs amending to reflect current sensibilities. It’s a shame that those spoiling for a fight are looking to turn a legitimate issue into a punch up.
London on 11:08 - Jun 12 with 2148 viewsJaySaint

London on 11:05 - Jun 12 by Sadoldgit

Totally agree with you although I don’t think it hurts to have a review every now and again. Apparently discussions about Colston had been going on for some time so it is a shame that the statue issue wasn’t dealt with sooner through official channels. The same for many other statue subjects with chequered pasts. I am not for pulling them all down but it is clear that a better context is needed and the wording on several plaques probably needs amending to reflect current sensibilities. It’s a shame that those spoiling for a fight are looking to turn a legitimate issue into a punch up.

many are hijacking the BLM movement for their own ends.
Probably the same far-left lunatics that can't accept a Troy Govt (probably not even a Starmer govt). Can't accept Brexit and can't accept they are not getting their own way.

horrible

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024