Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are the majority of Saints fans.... 11:35 - Jun 14 with 1063 viewsTripleNiemi

...so quick to want to dismiss or get rid of our players?

Genuine question as of late i see people saying how Bertrand might be too old, Hjolberg ain't all he's cracked up to be, Danso is useless etc. etc.

Whilst i am not saying i agree or disagree with the views sometimes posted, but i don't get it. Especially now as funds are tight and we rightly live within our means.

Bertrand is a case in example. This guy has one the Champions League, capped at international level and yet some want him gone. Question - if he goes who can we a) get better b) for similar monies and c) how do we know their attitude will be half decent?

Especially under the current financial climate i think some of our fan base are bonkers. If we had a sugar daddy then perhaps my views would be similar but we don't. Are we simply too quick to say get shot of our playing staff?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Why are the majority of Saints fans.... on 11:38 - Jun 14 with 1058 viewscocklebreath

I want rid of Hoedt, Forster, Elyounoussi, carrillo, lemina. I like Bertrand, Hojbjerg should stay for his fist pumping

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Why are the majority of Saints fans.... on 13:21 - Jun 14 with 985 viewsdirk_doone

I could understand it if they were our worst, but they are quick to turn against our best as soon as there is any rumour linking them to another club.

I think the barrage of negative PR leaks that we got about any player or manager Old Les was planning to get rid of, conditioned many of our fans to turn against players easily. Hopefully, now that Old Les has gone, the bond between the fans and the team will return and the old attitude of Les and the fans vs the players will be consigned to the past.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Why are the majority of Saints fans.... on 14:46 - Jun 14 with 918 viewsSaintsforeverj

From my point of view, your question relates to the way SFC do things. We know how tight the finances are. We have to wheel and deal. If I had the choice, we could keep players and buy new ones too, but we can't. So as a fan I'm looking for where we can get some money in to improve on the dreadful last 3 or 4 seasons.

Bertrand and Hjolberg have been in our team for a while and have done a solid / average job but we have struggled. They haven't done anything special in my view. All about opinions, but for me I would rather gain say 40 milillion to spend on new players than keep them. Those two don't do enough for me. I guess, I don't care much for them either. A player that thinks our club is too small for him, doesn't make me warm to him, so I don't care if he is sold.

Ings for example is special and a different matter. A born and bred Saints fan, who scored goals. He is irreplaceable. I wouldn't want to sell him. He clearly has a massive impact. But apart from him, I'm looking at where we can get some money in and perhaps Ralph and the new player recruitment guy, can find a cracker. For me it's a gamble worth taking. Let's gamble that we can replace Bertrand and Hjolberg with better players. Might not work, but for me it's worth the gamble of improving the team with the money. We could just keep them, but for what, more of the same?
[Post edited 14 Jun 2020 14:49]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Why are the majority of Saints fans.... on 18:36 - Jun 14 with 848 viewsdarthvader

Why are the majority of Saints fans.... on 11:38 - Jun 14 by cocklebreath

I want rid of Hoedt, Forster, Elyounoussi, carrillo, lemina. I like Bertrand, Hojbjerg should stay for his fist pumping

And the way he says its not acceptable after every home game

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024