Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Changes For Watford Away 01:32 - Jun 26 with 715 viewsTimSaint

I said on a thread after the Norwich win that I hoped we play against Arsenal like we did in the 2nd half v Norwich. Well that lasted all of 5 mins and a few bits of pressure in the 2nd half.

I also said that we make mistakes and teams wait for us to make them in order to punish us. Cue McCarthy, followed up with a sloppy back pass from PEH and Stephens a little off the pace or maybe a bit unlucky ?

Either way, wholesale changes are required at Watford.

Drop McCarthy - 1st error gifted Arsenal the points and should have done better for the 2nd. Costly errors so give Gunn another run.

Replace Stephens with ? Probably Vestergaard ? Enforced

Replace Valery with KWP as he looked a bit more promising / knows what he is doing.

Replace PEH with Smallbone or Romeu. He is not at the races, doesn't want to be here and is playing so negatively, it is likely that he after us terminating his contract, not selling him for £35m..

Replace Obafemi with Long. Oba had a mare. Rarely touched it and when he did, was let down by his first touch and lack of control. Long likes playing away to Watford, 7 sec goal last season and 2 assists (?) In the 2-2 the season before.

Maybe with these changes, there will even be a place on the bench for Boufal now.

Positivity, more attack minded, forward passing, creativity and urgency, or is Ralph happy that 37 points is enough and the season is over already ?

TimSaint

Changes For Watford Away on 07:04 - Jun 26 with 643 viewssaint22

Agree with all this
I also wonder if - and I do like him - JWP is suited to CM I think he is better at RM though not sure where that leaves Armstrong
Long should have started yesterday

The bigger question is why do we always make the same errors even after 3 months off!?
Changes For Watford Away on 08:08 - Jun 26 with 596 viewsA1079

I agree with what you say Tim and your posts are always so measured.

What does this all say about Che Adams. I have not given up on Obafemi by any means but these 2 games have shown that he needs to think more as a player, anticipate better and have more self control. Che cannot seem to get a look in bar a few minutes in a game!

On your last point - as a team historically we seem to have this problem no matter who the manager or coach is - once we think we are safe that is it. It happened last year and then we had 2 mares of games away to Newcastle and West Ham when both were there to be beaten. We never seem to want to press on, make a statement of intent or are we just a poor team really that just about gets away with it?

Whatever the issues are though, this home form is nothing short of diabolical and it isn't just this season, it is the last, the one before that etc and it is something that for the life of me I cannot fathom.

I know Nick will slate fans for not being supportive or questioning their loyalty if they don't go, but what fan of any club no matter who you are, most of which live hand to mouth wants to spend loads of money just to see your team put in indifferent performances week in and week out at home and make the same basic errors? It is simply not good enough, it is unacceptable and whether real or not (and I am no where close enough to know) but if the stories of financial issues have a grain of truth in them, or we have a chairman that clearly wants out and we have no idea of what games we will be able to see next year, or the squad is not strengthened then why would you commit hundreds of pounds on so many negative variables (as it happens I have never purchased a season ticket as it has never been a financial option). You wouldn't buy a house if the foundations were dodgy.

I am delighted Ralph has signed, that we have Ings and that Long is staying but we MUST sort the fundamentals out in the areas that have been crying out for it for several seasons or we just face this endless years of just trying to survive and under-delivering.
Changes For Watford Away on 08:12 - Jun 26 with 590 viewskingslandstand1

Agree with all of that other than the CB situation. We have no choice with the Stephens/Bednarek partnership as there is no way Vestergard should be near the 1st team

My big worry is are things going to improve for next season? Where are we going to find another van dick that will actually control the back 4 and maybe bring Stephens or Bednarek on as there may be some good in those 2. Thought Bednarek did quite well last night with a couple of very well timed blocks that would def have made the scoreline worse
Changes For Watford Away on 11:45 - Jun 26 with 508 viewsTimSaint

Changes For Watford Away on 08:12 - Jun 26 by kingslandstand1

Agree with all of that other than the CB situation. We have no choice with the Stephens/Bednarek partnership as there is no way Vestergard should be near the 1st team

My big worry is are things going to improve for next season? Where are we going to find another van dick that will actually control the back 4 and maybe bring Stephens or Bednarek on as there may be some good in those 2. Thought Bednarek did quite well last night with a couple of very well timed blocks that would def have made the scoreline worse

Kingsland - as the title of my thread suggests, I'm specifically talking about our next match. As Stephens got a red card, he will obviously be missing from Watford Away, hence why I said the swap was Enforced.

Realistically it is either Vestergaard or Danso, so who is the lesser of two evils ?

CB is a real problem area for us. In a previous thread I said that we should be getting rid of 4 in a massive clearout this window - Yosh, Hoedt, Danso and Vest. We really do need to buy 2 first choice CBs in this coming window, because the ones we have are not good enough, too error prone, switch off and definitely do not read the game well enough to compensate for their (huge) lack of pace.

TimSaint

Changes For Watford Away on 12:14 - Jun 26 with 497 viewssaint22

Changes For Watford Away on 11:45 - Jun 26 by TimSaint

Kingsland - as the title of my thread suggests, I'm specifically talking about our next match. As Stephens got a red card, he will obviously be missing from Watford Away, hence why I said the swap was Enforced.

Realistically it is either Vestergaard or Danso, so who is the lesser of two evils ?

CB is a real problem area for us. In a previous thread I said that we should be getting rid of 4 in a massive clearout this window - Yosh, Hoedt, Danso and Vest. We really do need to buy 2 first choice CBs in this coming window, because the ones we have are not good enough, too error prone, switch off and definitely do not read the game well enough to compensate for their (huge) lack of pace.

How many windows have we needed TWO good CBs for now?
This summer they really are a must, plus I think we need to sort the GK position, does FF get a fresh start, he never really had a look in under RH, wasn't he already gone?
We also need the RB sorted too
it seems the same mistakes arent limited to the pitch alone
Changes For Watford Away on 13:09 - Jun 26 with 475 viewskingslandstand1

Changes For Watford Away on 11:45 - Jun 26 by TimSaint

Ah yes!!

CB is still a major problem though. I'm sure Ralph must have been given some promises to sign for another 4 years so we can but hope as he must clearly be able to see our downfall areas
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024