Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something dodgy at Wigan 22:32 - Jul 3 with 1315 viewskingslandstand1

If this is all genuine and who's to say it's not with the amount of research has gone in to i it seems, someone at the EFL should be hung drawn and quartered

Something dodgy at Wigan on 22:52 - Jul 3 with 1290 viewsUlsterBaz

Aye I read that this afternoon. Bonkers if it’s accurate.
Something dodgy at Wigan on 09:42 - Jul 4 with 1117 viewsdirk_doone

They've had their share of good owners too, including Dave Whelan, who paid for their new stadium and bought the players who beat Man City in the 2013 FA Cup Final.

They only joined the Football League in 1978, they had average home gates of 1,800 in the 1990s, and they've already won more trophies than we have: 4 Football League championships as well as the FA Cup. I see Pompey fans are moaning in the comments section about their dodgy owners, who bought them the FA Cup they still boast about.

For a town smaller then Eastleigh or Fareham, with a population of 100,000, Wigan has already been incredibly lucky to have the most successful Rugby League team in the country, with 22 league titles, 19 cups and more than 20 cup finals at Wembley.

How the sports fans in Bradford, with a population of 550,000, must wish they'd been that fortunate (although even their football team has won more trophies than ours has).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_rugby_league_champions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Challenge_Cup_finals

I feel sorry for their fans but the worst that's going to happen to them is getting relegated to League One. We went through that too.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 10:34]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Something dodgy at Wigan on 13:09 - Jul 4 with 997 viewskernow

Their fans are dedicated too when you consider that for such a small town the fan base is split between the two different codes with very little overlap. The football fans don't like the egg chasers and vice versa.
Also within 30 miles there are over a dozen other football teams to support.
Something dodgy at Wigan on 13:58 - Jul 4 with 971 viewsdirk_doone

Something dodgy at Wigan on 13:09 - Jul 4 by kernow

Their fans are dedicated too when you consider that for such a small town the fan base is split between the two different codes with very little overlap. The football fans don't like the egg chasers and vice versa.
Also within 30 miles there are over a dozen other football teams to support.

You could argue that their emergence has been at a cost to other teams with less wealthy owners, like Bolton and Bury. Did that area really need another Football League club?

Imagine if some wealthy owner came in and started investing a fortune in Fareham Town. Would that be good for Saints and Pompey?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 14:02]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Something dodgy at Wigan on 19:25 - Jul 4 with 824 viewskernow

Something dodgy at Wigan on 13:58 - Jul 4 by dirk_doone

You could argue that their emergence has been at a cost to other teams with less wealthy owners, like Bolton and Bury. Did that area really need another Football League club?

Imagine if some wealthy owner came in and started investing a fortune in Fareham Town. Would that be good for Saints and Pompey?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 14:02]

You could argue but I don't want to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024