Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not looking Good for Boscombe 16:01 - Jul 4 with 3622 viewsChesham_Saint

Looks like the zimmers are in deep shit. Do we care? Should we care?

Personally I don’t mind them but hate their ridiculous club badge and their silly (official) nick name. That said, they aren’t the skates (even though a few of them seem to reckon themselves) and another successful southern team makes things more interesting.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 16:07 - Jul 4 with 2837 viewscocklebreath

Noddy club belong in league 2

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 16:09 - Jul 4 with 2836 viewskingslandstand1

And they do (almost) always pack the rafters at their 11k capacity ground
Not looking Good for Boscombe on 16:49 - Jul 4 with 2765 viewsSaintsforeverj

Looks like Norwich, Villa and Bournemouth for the drop. Brighton almost safe, West Ham will escape. Watford, well not safe yet but will probably get out of it.

As for Boscombe, we only get 1000 tickets at their ground. Their fans are pretty tame and it's not really a great trip. With their 11000 capacity, they are more a championship club to me. Brighton away is much better trip with 3000 tickets and an interesting place, to say the least! Don't particularly like West Ham, but it's a good trip in London etc.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 17:05 - Jul 4 with 2737 viewscocklebreath

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 16:49 - Jul 4 by Saintsforeverj

Looks like Norwich, Villa and Bournemouth for the drop. Brighton almost safe, West Ham will escape. Watford, well not safe yet but will probably get out of it.

As for Boscombe, we only get 1000 tickets at their ground. Their fans are pretty tame and it's not really a great trip. With their 11000 capacity, they are more a championship club to me. Brighton away is much better trip with 3000 tickets and an interesting place, to say the least! Don't particularly like West Ham, but it's a good trip in London etc.

11000 is more like a league 2 ground

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 19:12 - Jul 4 with 2614 viewsMeonsaint

They look down & out and have been punching above their weight for a few years now.
Football town ? Seriously ? No !
Home to day tripping beach goers, deck chair coffin dodgers, pissed up drug dealing scousers, foreign students and of course home to dodgy dealin double chinned Harry Redkrapp.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 19:46]
Not looking Good for Boscombe on 10:46 - Jul 5 with 2365 viewsRon11

Didn't they come to St.Mary's and beat Saints?
Not looking Good for Boscombe on 11:16 - Jul 5 with 2347 viewsdirk_doone

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 10:46 - Jul 5 by Ron11

Didn't they come to St.Mary's and beat Saints?

Their last big target before they go back down will be to do the double over us. They are already undefeated in their last 3 games against us. In fact, they have only lost one of their last six games against us. Their fans will always remember that. I expect them to rest key players from the Man City away match before they play us.

To be honest for a club with an 11,000 capacity stadium to play 5 seasons in the Premier League and win away to their big local rivals for the first time in their history is a memorable achievement. One of their fans was on Radio 5 Live after their latest defeat saying these past few years had far exceeded his expectations and he doesn't feel disappointed with what looks likely to be their relegation season. He never expected them to last this long in the top flight.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 11:20]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 11:34 - Jul 5 with 2322 viewsChesham_Saint

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 11:16 - Jul 5 by dirk_doone

Their last big target before they go back down will be to do the double over us. They are already undefeated in their last 3 games against us. In fact, they have only lost one of their last six games against us. Their fans will always remember that. I expect them to rest key players from the Man City away match before they play us.

To be honest for a club with an 11,000 capacity stadium to play 5 seasons in the Premier League and win away to their big local rivals for the first time in their history is a memorable achievement. One of their fans was on Radio 5 Live after their latest defeat saying these past few years had far exceeded his expectations and he doesn't feel disappointed with what looks likely to be their relegation season. He never expected them to last this long in the top flight.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 11:20]

That’s a good attitude from that fan. I get sick of clubs coming up, loving their manager and then dumping him the moment things go wrong (and that includes us with Adkins). Howe has done a great job and doesn’t deserve any shit from their fans, but I bet he gets loads,

Login to get fewer ads

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 11:40 - Jul 5 with 2316 viewsdirk_doone

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 11:34 - Jul 5 by Chesham_Saint

That’s a good attitude from that fan. I get sick of clubs coming up, loving their manager and then dumping him the moment things go wrong (and that includes us with Adkins). Howe has done a great job and doesn’t deserve any shit from their fans, but I bet he gets loads,

He also praised Howe and said the fans love him there and that there is no way they'd consider sacking him as he's done a fantastic job.

If they complete the double over Saints, as far as their fans are concerned, they will go out on a high after 5 great years at the top. Let's not forget, they were the south coast's top club last season, finishing 6 points above us. They've certainly given us a bloody nose in their time at the top.

In these five years Bournemouth fans have had the time of their lives.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 11:46]

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 17:23 - Jul 5 with 2178 viewsDorsetIan

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 11:40 - Jul 5 by dirk_doone

He also praised Howe and said the fans love him there and that there is no way they'd consider sacking him as he's done a fantastic job.

If they complete the double over Saints, as far as their fans are concerned, they will go out on a high after 5 great years at the top. Let's not forget, they were the south coast's top club last season, finishing 6 points above us. They've certainly given us a bloody nose in their time at the top.

In these five years Bournemouth fans have had the time of their lives.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 11:46]

I heard that guy too and while I applaud his sanguine attitude, I just don't get the defeatism at this stage.

Bournemouth are still in the mix with two other teams, Villa and Watford, who are doing as badly as they are. Of their next four games they can maybe write off Man City away, but they've got us, Spurs and Leicester at home and then a trip to Everton on the final day. I reckon 2 wins will do it from here which is hardly impossible. Why are they already resigned to resignation?

Maybe Howe is not the right chap to gee them up for these 5 games? He seems pretty 'low key' at the best of times. I am sure he is not going to be sacked, but managers parachuted in at the eleventh hour to do a 'great escape' have had far worst situations to deal with and done the job.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 18:28 - Jul 5 with 2129 viewsChesham_Saint

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 17:23 - Jul 5 by DorsetIan

I heard that guy too and while I applaud his sanguine attitude, I just don't get the defeatism at this stage.

Bournemouth are still in the mix with two other teams, Villa and Watford, who are doing as badly as they are. Of their next four games they can maybe write off Man City away, but they've got us, Spurs and Leicester at home and then a trip to Everton on the final day. I reckon 2 wins will do it from here which is hardly impossible. Why are they already resigned to resignation?

Maybe Howe is not the right chap to gee them up for these 5 games? He seems pretty 'low key' at the best of times. I am sure he is not going to be sacked, but managers parachuted in at the eleventh hour to do a 'great escape' have had far worst situations to deal with and done the job.

I believe a Mr Mark Hughes, late of this Parish and currently kicking his heels in Wales (presumably) might be available..?

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 22:47 - Jul 5 with 2042 viewsSaintNick

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 17:23 - Jul 5 by DorsetIan

The problem is the run in, they have some tough games, Spurs, Leicester & us at home and talso Man City and Everton away.

Watford have Norwich at home on Tuesday also Newcastle & Man City and Arsenal & west ham away, if they can beat Norwich then they will be four points clear with a goal difference at least 4 better.

Villas run in isnt great, Man Utd home, Palace h, Everton A, Arsenal h, West ham a but they can pick up points there.

It will be close at the bottom, but I think Watford have the edge, West Ham will be safe.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 00:52 - Jul 6 with 2003 viewsdarthvader

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 19:12 - Jul 4 by Meonsaint

They look down & out and have been punching above their weight for a few years now.
Football town ? Seriously ? No !
Home to day tripping beach goers, deck chair coffin dodgers, pissed up drug dealing scousers, foreign students and of course home to dodgy dealin double chinned Harry Redkrapp.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 19:46]

Triffic comment

keep the faith coyr

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 09:38 - Jul 6 with 1881 viewsDorsetIan

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 22:47 - Jul 5 by SaintNick

The problem is the run in, they have some tough games, Spurs, Leicester & us at home and talso Man City and Everton away.

Watford have Norwich at home on Tuesday also Newcastle & Man City and Arsenal & west ham away, if they can beat Norwich then they will be four points clear with a goal difference at least 4 better.

Villas run in isnt great, Man Utd home, Palace h, Everton A, Arsenal h, West ham a but they can pick up points there.

It will be close at the bottom, but I think Watford have the edge, West Ham will be safe.

I agree that it's looking like Bournemouth and Villa to join Norwich. I'm just amazed thatBournemouth seem to have lost any stomach for the fight.

You say that they have a tough run-in but Everton, Spurs and Saints are all mid-table now with not too much to play for, and these are often exactly the type of team you want to play when you're in a relegation dogfight. Not easy games, but not impossible either - if you play with some fire in your belly.

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 12:03 - Jul 6 with 1806 viewsSaintNick

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 09:38 - Jul 6 by DorsetIan

I agree that it's looking like Bournemouth and Villa to join Norwich. I'm just amazed thatBournemouth seem to have lost any stomach for the fight.

You say that they have a tough run-in but Everton, Spurs and Saints are all mid-table now with not too much to play for, and these are often exactly the type of team you want to play when you're in a relegation dogfight. Not easy games, but not impossible either - if you play with some fire in your belly.

There is some credence to the view that football managers have a short shelf life these days because they can only say the same things for a limited amount of time before the players stop listening.

Today's player in the Premier League is rich beyond his dreams, he does not need to put up with a manager screaming at him, he simply walks away to another big salary elsewhere.

Howe is finding that now, his loyal players from a few years ago have slowly gone, he now has players with no real fight or loyalty to Bournemouth

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 12:12 - Jul 6 with 1801 viewsfranniesTache

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Bournemouth and it's nice to see them do well but lets not pretend they haven't done it off the back of a lot of spending.

There's absolutely no point getting tied up into a debate about if they're rivals or not as they aren't and it plays into the small minority of their fans who want it to be a rivalries hands by doing so.

On another note though i'm not too disappointed from an away day perspective, Bournemouth isn't that great a day out to be honest and i'd much rather have Preston or Derby replace them for a decent away day.
Not looking Good for Boscombe on 13:06 - Jul 6 with 1762 viewsDorsetIan

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 12:03 - Jul 6 by SaintNick

There is some credence to the view that football managers have a short shelf life these days because they can only say the same things for a limited amount of time before the players stop listening.

Today's player in the Premier League is rich beyond his dreams, he does not need to put up with a manager screaming at him, he simply walks away to another big salary elsewhere.

Howe is finding that now, his loyal players from a few years ago have slowly gone, he now has players with no real fight or loyalty to Bournemouth

That all makes a lot of sense, coupled with the fact that Howe isn't naturally the most charismatic, I can see how he would now struggle to stop the rot (and particularly without any pressure from fans to keep the players honest).

Which does then raise the question whether the Bournemouth board should roll the dice with Allardyce or someone for the last five games.

I've never subscribed to the view that getting relegated from the Premier League could be a good thing. The graveyard of ex-Premier League clubs struggling in the lower leagues or in administration gets bigger all the time. If Howe has really lost the ability to motivate them, then they should get rid - even at this eleventh hour.

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 13:51 - Jul 6 with 1738 viewsSaintNick

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 13:06 - Jul 6 by DorsetIan

That all makes a lot of sense, coupled with the fact that Howe isn't naturally the most charismatic, I can see how he would now struggle to stop the rot (and particularly without any pressure from fans to keep the players honest).

Which does then raise the question whether the Bournemouth board should roll the dice with Allardyce or someone for the last five games.

I've never subscribed to the view that getting relegated from the Premier League could be a good thing. The graveyard of ex-Premier League clubs struggling in the lower leagues or in administration gets bigger all the time. If Howe has really lost the ability to motivate them, then they should get rid - even at this eleventh hour.

I think that it doesnt hep that Howe has been found out tactically, but I think it is too late now to do anything other than stick with him, in fairness for all he has done for them he deserves a bit of loyalty.

If they go down he probably is the best person to be in charge in that he can get rid of some of their players and start from scratch again

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 15:40 - Jul 6 with 1674 viewsSonicBoom

That's why Fergie was so good. He understood his words would only work for so long until players stopped listening so he regularly turned over the playing squad - and usually rebuilt an equally good side.
Not looking Good for Boscombe on 16:34 - Jul 6 with 1638 viewsarfurdent

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 12:12 - Jul 6 by franniesTache

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Bournemouth and it's nice to see them do well but lets not pretend they haven't done it off the back of a lot of spending.

There's absolutely no point getting tied up into a debate about if they're rivals or not as they aren't and it plays into the small minority of their fans who want it to be a rivalries hands by doing so.

On another note though i'm not too disappointed from an away day perspective, Bournemouth isn't that great a day out to be honest and i'd much rather have Preston or Derby replace them for a decent away day.

a good soft spot for bumfluff would be ten miles due south

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 16:53 - Jul 6 with 1626 viewswashington_saint

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 13:51 - Jul 6 by SaintNick

I think that it doesnt hep that Howe has been found out tactically, but I think it is too late now to do anything other than stick with him, in fairness for all he has done for them he deserves a bit of loyalty.

If they go down he probably is the best person to be in charge in that he can get rid of some of their players and start from scratch again

Problem is, they go down I think it is highly likely they go bust. They have very high earners and an 11K ground won;t cover the lost revenue from the Prem. They will go the way of Pompey (if they are lucky) but very realistic to think they could go bust completely.
Not looking Good for Boscombe on 00:30 - Jul 13 with 1463 viewsDorsetIan

Good to see a bit of fight from them this evening. And a deserved 3 points for Villa too, who I think have been trying but don’t have the quality.

Would love to see the relegation fight go to the final day. Still unlikely, but you never know.

Was insisting to my youngest that Bournemouth were going to win, even when they were 0-1 down. As usual didn’t get any £ on!

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 06:42 - Jul 13 with 1394 viewsgrumpy

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 16:53 - Jul 6 by washington_saint

Problem is, they go down I think it is highly likely they go bust. They have very high earners and an 11K ground won;t cover the lost revenue from the Prem. They will go the way of Pompey (if they are lucky) but very realistic to think they could go bust completely.

The Parachute payments should help.
Not looking Good for Boscombe on 08:04 - Jul 13 with 1326 viewsSalisburySaint

Not looking Good for Boscombe on 00:30 - Jul 13 by DorsetIan

Good to see a bit of fight from them this evening. And a deserved 3 points for Villa too, who I think have been trying but don’t have the quality.

Would love to see the relegation fight go to the final day. Still unlikely, but you never know.

Was insisting to my youngest that Bournemouth were going to win, even when they were 0-1 down. As usual didn’t get any £ on!

I told my nipper to put money on Solanki to score, following on from McGoldrick scoring first premier goals at weekend, just had a feeling he’d score.

He didn’t take my advice though, but did win money last week by putting money on Adams to score against Citee
Not looking Good for Boscombe on 10:02 - Jul 13 with 1240 viewsdirk_doone

Their last two games have seen them draw with Spurs and beat Leicester. It's unlikely that they'll get anything from the City game but if they beat Saints and Everton they could well stay up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024