Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man 17:40 - Jul 4 with 1908 viewskingslandstand1

I see he has said that unless every squad player gets a medal, even with just one game all season, he will give his medal away. I thought it used to be 12 games, but it seems now it's 5
No doubt the rules will be changed to suit them
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 19:20 - Jul 4 with 1293 viewsSadoldgit

To be fair, all players of the squad should get a medal no matter how many games they play.
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 23:20 - Jul 4 with 1223 viewsTripleNiemi

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 19:20 - Jul 4 by Sadoldgit

To be fair, all players of the squad should get a medal no matter how many games they play.

Not sure if you are joking or not?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 23:21]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 09:29 - Jul 5 with 1106 viewsChesham_Saint

There’s a problem with all these ‘little changes’ . They may seem innocuous but they chip away at the soul of the game. For example, it used to be that goalkeepers couldn’t wear yellow (that being an honour for an England keeper only), linesmen becoming ‘assistant referees’, allowing man u not to play in the first round of the cup, clubs changing shirts every season (it use to be every other) just erodes things.

Don’t get me wrong, some minor change (yellow/red cards etc) improve the game but many do not. In this case Klippety has got it wrong.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 09:45 - Jul 5 with 1093 viewssaint68

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 09:29 - Jul 5 by Chesham_Saint

There’s a problem with all these ‘little changes’ . They may seem innocuous but they chip away at the soul of the game. For example, it used to be that goalkeepers couldn’t wear yellow (that being an honour for an England keeper only), linesmen becoming ‘assistant referees’, allowing man u not to play in the first round of the cup, clubs changing shirts every season (it use to be every other) just erodes things.

Don’t get me wrong, some minor change (yellow/red cards etc) improve the game but many do not. In this case Klippety has got it wrong.

Semi finals at Wembley boil my piss...ruins the anticipation and achievement of reaching the FINAL!!😁🍾🥂
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 9:53]

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 09:48 - Jul 5 with 1088 viewskernow

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 19:20 - Jul 4 by Sadoldgit

Agree with this, why not?
Things change, not always for the better it's true, but what's wrong with this idea?
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:00 - Jul 5 with 1078 viewsChesham_Saint

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 09:48 - Jul 5 by kernow

Agree with this, why not?
Things change, not always for the better it's true, but what's wrong with this idea?

Because it devalues the contribution of those who played, that’s why. Just like holding semi finals at Wembley, it downgrades the competition.

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:04 - Jul 5 with 1072 viewsSadoldgit

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 23:20 - Jul 4 by TripleNiemi

Not sure if you are joking or not?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 23:21]

No I’m not joking. The squad is the squad. They are all in it together, everyday. They train, they work together. Those who don’t get a regular game need to be ready to step in to cover for injuries etc. When the new season starts the whole squad are photographed together. Why should you not get a medal and be treated like a second class citizen when you have been a part of a group of people that have been successful? It is entirely possible that you could be part of the squad, only play in the last game of the season, score the winning goal that enables your team to win the league and not get a medal. Is that right?
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:07 - Jul 5 with 1071 viewsChesham_Saint

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:04 - Jul 5 by Sadoldgit

No I’m not joking. The squad is the squad. They are all in it together, everyday. They train, they work together. Those who don’t get a regular game need to be ready to step in to cover for injuries etc. When the new season starts the whole squad are photographed together. Why should you not get a medal and be treated like a second class citizen when you have been a part of a group of people that have been successful? It is entirely possible that you could be part of the squad, only play in the last game of the season, score the winning goal that enables your team to win the league and not get a medal. Is that right?

Well they are essentially ‘second class’ citizens. In the same way schools and clubs have first and second elevens/fifteens. I hate to break it to you Sogs, but in the world of sport discrimination is alive and well. Albeit on the basis of talent.

Login to get fewer ads

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:09 - Jul 5 with 1071 viewskernow

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:00 - Jul 5 by Chesham_Saint

Because it devalues the contribution of those who played, that’s why. Just like holding semi finals at Wembley, it downgrades the competition.

It's a squad game nowadays. How many of Liverpool's squad haven't made at least one appearance this season. I don't know but I bet it's not many.

Semi finals at Wembley is a different issue but that's all about The English FA and money.
Downgrades the competition? That happens all the time anyway with clubs playing weaker squads against weaker opposition.
I also reckon all players that have played for the winners in any of the rounds should be recognised.
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:33 - Jul 5 with 1048 viewsBison

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:09 - Jul 5 by kernow

It's a squad game nowadays. How many of Liverpool's squad haven't made at least one appearance this season. I don't know but I bet it's not many.

Semi finals at Wembley is a different issue but that's all about The English FA and money.
Downgrades the competition? That happens all the time anyway with clubs playing weaker squads against weaker opposition.
I also reckon all players that have played for the winners in any of the rounds should be recognised.

Regarding the FA Cup we probabally need Dirk for the facts and figures but I wonder how many players City or whoever used in the rounds , maybe 25 - 30 players ? Also what if someone transfers from the winners after playing a game to they get a medal ?

The final is a one-off game so can't see the point in giving medals to everyone specially if they not even in the cup . Imagine getting a winners medal for playing 4 minutes in the 4th round before transferring to Salford on loan.

I guess it's the new normal where everyone is a winner and losing is mentally harmful.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:39 - Jul 5 with 1043 viewskernow

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:33 - Jul 5 by Bison

Regarding the FA Cup we probabally need Dirk for the facts and figures but I wonder how many players City or whoever used in the rounds , maybe 25 - 30 players ? Also what if someone transfers from the winners after playing a game to they get a medal ?

The final is a one-off game so can't see the point in giving medals to everyone specially if they not even in the cup . Imagine getting a winners medal for playing 4 minutes in the 4th round before transferring to Salford on loan.

I guess it's the new normal where everyone is a winner and losing is mentally harmful.

Terry Paine belatedly received a World Cup winners medal.
I reckon that was well deserved.
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:46 - Jul 5 with 1031 viewskingslandstand1

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 09:45 - Jul 5 by saint68

Semi finals at Wembley boil my piss...ruins the anticipation and achievement of reaching the FINAL!!😁🍾🥂
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 9:53]

That gets a def thumbs up from me

It really was a fantastic honour to play at Wembley and I'll even accept play off finals, FA Vase etc. but not semi-finals

But in their defence, it's down to somehow paying for the place so they have to have as many games there as poss. There's even talk again this morning of putting the place back on the market
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:48 - Jul 5 with 1029 viewsChesham_Saint

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:09 - Jul 5 by kernow

It’s a bit of a catch 22 , it’s partly because the competition has been downgraded that clubs field weaker teams...

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:58 - Jul 5 with 1016 viewsBison

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:39 - Jul 5 by kernow

Perhaps a roll of honour by the winning team at their club , let them honour the players . The FA Cup is won by one team on the day , that is the ultimate achievement and most people recognise that team on the day , the fa should not have to worry how a team got there. You can't win the fa cup in the 4th round you can only win it on cup final .

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 11:11 - Jul 5 with 1003 viewsTripleNiemi

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:07 - Jul 5 by Chesham_Saint

Well they are essentially ‘second class’ citizens. In the same way schools and clubs have first and second elevens/fifteens. I hate to break it to you Sogs, but in the world of sport discrimination is alive and well. Albeit on the basis of talent.

You wait, the next thing to come in will be clubs 'retiring' shirts / squad numbers.

Sorry boys, not for me. If you are going to get a PL medal for one or two ten minute cameo appearances it de-values everything; plus, if every Tom, Dick and Harry gets a medal when players in their retirement are skint (lol) they won't get a decent amount of wedge for selling their trophy as the market will be flooded with the blôody things on ebay at £2.50 a pop.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 11:12]

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 11:20 - Jul 5 with 989 viewssmartjoe

I think your user name of Sadoldgit is very appropriate regarding your usual posts.
After this post perhaps you should consider changing it to `Stupioldgit`
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 14:54 - Jul 5 with 922 viewsSadoldgit

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:58 - Jul 5 by Bison

Perhaps a roll of honour by the winning team at their club , let them honour the players . The FA Cup is won by one team on the day , that is the ultimate achievement and most people recognise that team on the day , the fa should not have to worry how a team got there. You can't win the fa cup in the 4th round you can only win it on cup final .

But you can lose it in every round. The only way to win it is to win every game.
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 14:56 - Jul 5 with 920 viewsSadoldgit

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 11:20 - Jul 5 by smartjoe

I think your user name of Sadoldgit is very appropriate regarding your usual posts.
After this post perhaps you should consider changing it to `Stupioldgit`

It is quite possible to disagree with someone without resorting to abuse mate, but thanks for your input.
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 14:59 - Jul 5 with 915 viewsSadoldgit

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:39 - Jul 5 by kernow

It was. He played against Mexico and played well. He might even have played in the later stages if Ramsey hadn’t decided to do away with wingers and adopt overlapping full backs instead.
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 15:50 - Jul 5 with 889 viewsTripleNiemi

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 14:56 - Jul 5 by Sadoldgit

It is quite possible to disagree with someone without resorting to abuse mate, but thanks for your input.

Sadold, i was going to say exactly the same thing myself. Whilst my personal views on this matter obviously differ to yours and others, I fully respect these opinions as i do those who post on this forum. Debate is healthy as is differing arguments. I think Smartjoe may have just been flying from the hip (well i hope he was).

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 16:01 - Jul 5 with 876 viewskingslandstand1

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 15:50 - Jul 5 by TripleNiemi

Sadold, i was going to say exactly the same thing myself. Whilst my personal views on this matter obviously differ to yours and others, I fully respect these opinions as i do those who post on this forum. Debate is healthy as is differing arguments. I think Smartjoe may have just been flying from the hip (well i hope he was).

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 16:59 - Jul 5 with 849 viewscocklebreath

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 14:59 - Jul 5 by Sadoldgit

It was. He played against Mexico and played well. He might even have played in the later stages if Ramsey hadn’t decided to do away with wingers and adopt overlapping full backs instead.

And we might not have won the World Cup. Silly old fool

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 17:46 - Jul 5 with 818 viewsSadoldgit

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 16:59 - Jul 5 by cocklebreath

And we might not have won the World Cup. Silly old fool

Or we might have won it more convincingly in normal time? We shall never know.
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 23:07 - Jul 5 with 757 viewsGasGiant

Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 10:04 - Jul 5 by Sadoldgit

Well, yes it is. That's the difference between a league and the cup. You can be in the national squad at football, cricket or rugby but of you don't get on the pitch you don't get a cap. You can come on in the last game of a league season and score, but it's the points gained in all the other games before that put the team in the position to win the title in the last game - ifyou come on as a sub it rebounds off your shin into the net you still haven't earned the right to a medal unless you played a bigger part overall.
Kloppy is such a heartwarming man on 23:20 - Jul 5 with 748 viewsSadoldgit

I really don’t understand what the problem is. Football is a squad game now. Why do people have a problem with the squad getting medals when the squad wins the league or a cup? It doesn’t affect anyone here at all yet they would deny someone else a chance to have recognition of their contribution to an overall team achievement.

They all work together in training. They all contribute to what happens on the pitch each week even if they don’t play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024