Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The whole team 21:07 - Jul 5 with 1040 viewsgrumpy

were brilliant tonight,I was on the edge of my seat when De Bruyne took that free kick in the last minute and on the floor after.
The whole team on 21:08 - Jul 5 with 1022 viewscocklebreath

they were fooking brilliant

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

The whole team on 21:11 - Jul 5 with 1002 viewsdirk_doone

Totally agree. That was a great game and the BBC pundits thought so too.

The commitment and effort shown by our players was magnificent. Players like De Bruyne and Foden were made to look ordinary up against our defenders. They thought they were going to have it easy after thrashing Liverpool but by the end they looked shell-shocked. I don't think De Bruyne had any self-belief left that he would score from the free-kick at the end.

The one player who looked like he might break through was Sterling and up against a poorer team, he might have scored a hatful, the form he is in. But there was always one last defender to stop him today.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 21:15]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The whole team on 21:13 - Jul 5 with 971 viewsBicester_North

Ings defends from the front, he was actually one of our best defensive players today.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The whole team on 21:15 - Jul 5 with 936 viewsgrumpy

The whole team on 21:13 - Jul 5 by Bicester_North

Ings defends from the front, he was actually one of our best defensive players today.

Ings is fantastic, always likely to score and hes not a bad defender either.
The whole team on 21:16 - Jul 5 with 935 viewsdirk_doone

The whole team on 21:13 - Jul 5 by Bicester_North

Yes, he was and he has been like that since the restart: brilliant in defence as well as attack.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The whole team on 21:19 - Jul 5 with 904 viewsJaySaint

what a defensive performance that was.
of course you need a slice of luck or two to beat city, but that was an awesome performance

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

The whole team on 21:23 - Jul 5 with 879 viewsMeonsaint

I had to have a shower as I was sweating so much at the end !
Immense performance by each and every one. One of those nights when you are especially proud to be a Saints fan.
Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee, Franny Lee, Those Gallagher tw@ts, Eddie Large, Bernard Manning, Neil Young, Joe Corrigan, That annoying sweaty sock Dickov, The Arab Sheikh owners, Sid Little, Shaun Goater, Argie Aguero and his mates, Vincent Kompany,Bert Trautmann, Asa Hartford, Paul Power, Dennis Tueart Tony Book... your boys took one helllll of a beating !
Score in a brothel you couldn't score in a brothel
The whole team on 22:13 - Jul 5 with 729 viewsA1079

I never doubted for one minute that we would win.......ok, I may have done little!!!!!!

That was breathless. It was like watching a cup final and every ball mattered. I was so proud of them as a whole team tonight. Ok, we rode our luck a bit but they worked their socks off. Yes, at times we could have made it easier, Redmond was wasteful in the final third and sometimes those blocks, deflections etc would have worked against us, but we gave our all, every one of them and who amongst was not happy to see Che score - arguably he could have gone for a second. McCarthy was brilliant tonight - though he still gave me the jitters when he tried to play the ball out. JWP was impressive, KWP looks to have great potential.

There is still alot of work to improve and make us more solid and hard to beat, but that was real team spirit tonight and when you think where we were early this season, what a turnaround........and we are mathematically safe and really can start preparing for the next season.
Login to get fewer ads

The whole team on 22:28 - Jul 5 with 690 viewsdarthvader

Oh be still my pounding heart . Im still shakey and f.uck me was that tense in the second half .
Oh the joys of being a Saints fan . The number of times the 0-9 was mentioned
The performance was reminiscent of the leeds away , and before that all them years ago against sunderland away .

We had chances to add to that wonderful goal be Che Adams and what a first goal that was ! And Jesus did we defend well or what ?
I dont know the stats but the one that counts is the goals for ..
So happy

keep the faith coyr

The whole team on 22:40 - Jul 5 with 665 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I couldn't pick a MoTM - f*cking superb!

Walker-Peters: Saints should sign him. Energy, recovered the few mistakes he made, put himself about, nice passing

Stephens: Well done! Now THAT was a centre back display and on that showing, it'll be Bednarek who'll be dropped for a new one

McCarthy: Proper saves from a Saints goalie, finally

JWP: Everywhere! Captain's showing

Armstrong: Quick thInking, in their faces

Adams: Stunning goal, really pleased for him, hope it helps him get scoring

Long: Did what Long does, great player to have in the squad

Ings: F*cking amazing. Defending, pressing, passing, tackling ... he didn't score today (tut), but the guy is brilliant

I bloody enjoyed that match - best for a LONG time, even more so that there was relatively nothing to play for, but it was high energy blood and thunder stuff.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

The whole team on 22:43 - Jul 5 with 659 viewsSalisburySaint

The whole team on 22:28 - Jul 5 by darthvader

Oh be still my pounding heart . Im still shakey and f.uck me was that tense in the second half .
Oh the joys of being a Saints fan . The number of times the 0-9 was mentioned
The performance was reminiscent of the leeds away , and before that all them years ago against sunderland away .

We had chances to add to that wonderful goal be Che Adams and what a first goal that was ! And Jesus did we defend well or what ?
I dont know the stats but the one that counts is the goals for ..
So happy

Great defensive performance

despite all their possession, Man City 74%, they had 6 shots on target we had 4 on target, so shows possession not everything.
The whole team on 22:49 - Jul 5 with 641 viewshedgeend61

Fantastic team effort against one of the best club sides in Europe, Champions League favourites. Once a team reaches 40 points they take their foot of the pedal, not us, not today.

No MOM today, everyone deserved a 10.

We constantly pushed them wide forcing them into crosses (percentage football) which is not really their bag, be open and let them play through you along the gound, they'll destroy anyone.

From relegation fodder last October, to be where we are now showing fight like today is incredible, well done Ralph and the Boys.

Did anyone back us to win at 10/1 today?
I didn't, just 3-1 at 100/1
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 22:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024