Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harsh v Everton 18:58 - Jul 9 with 991 viewsSadoldgit

How are Everton still in this match? We have played them off the park in the first half.

Good to see Che Adams smiling after Ings nicked that goal.
Harsh v Everton on 19:04 - Jul 9 with 962 viewsTimSaint

Don't know what the back 4 were doing for that ball over the top, or for that Iwobi chance, but after playing so well, we could and should be 2 up at the break - sorry 2nd break, or is it still called half time these days !! :-)

TimSaint

Harsh v Everton on 19:20 - Jul 9 with 925 viewsI_would

Bad pen miss.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Harsh v Everton on 19:28 - Jul 9 with 914 viewsA1079

Trying not to be biased, but I thought Bednarek just got that ball and the yellow was harsh. Sensing though that Everton have worked out that we are vulnerable with balls over the top. A few on yellows now.
Harsh v Everton on 20:01 - Jul 9 with 853 viewsgrumpy

Harsh v Everton on 19:28 - Jul 9 by A1079

Trying not to be biased, but I thought Bednarek just got that ball and the yellow was harsh. Sensing though that Everton have worked out that we are vulnerable with balls over the top. A few on yellows now.

It looked to me that Bednarek got to the ball first.
Harsh v Everton on 20:02 - Jul 9 with 846 viewsTimSaint

2 points thrown away, I reckon
Should have took advantage of 1st half chances and dominance

Sat back too much 2nd half

Almost like they were told a point was enough
I said to a mate via text that the players thought they must be winning, as playing it around and going backwards too much and not really creating much in the last half hour apart from Armstrong, so content with a draw when the game was there to be won.

Still, with our record there, a draw is a good result. Another draw on Monday would also be good, when you consider the mauling Bournemouth got up there !!

TimSaint

Harsh v Everton on 20:03 - Jul 9 with 845 viewsSadoldgit

Harsh v Everton on 19:28 - Jul 9 by A1079

Yep, looked like a decent challenge to me. A red card would have been a travesty. Shame we didn’t put the match to bed in the first half when we dominated but they improved after the break. Point probably fair in the end. I like the way KWP looks to go forward and we showed what we can do for the first 30 mins. We also showed that balls over the top are our Achilles heel still.
Harsh v Everton on 20:30 - Jul 9 with 794 viewsdirk_doone

Harsh v Everton on 19:04 - Jul 9 by TimSaint

Don't know what the back 4 were doing for that ball over the top, or for that Iwobi chance, but after playing so well, we could and should be 2 up at the break - sorry 2nd break, or is it still called half time these days !! :-)

Richarlison is a £50 million striker. He got a killer pass played to him and scored just like he would have done against any defence in the Premier League.

Ralph, his coaches and the players themselves have now made our defence as good as it's been since 2016. Stephens and Walker-Peters are outstanding, Bertrand is solid but losing a bit of pace and Bednarek is OK.

An upgrade on Bednarek would be good but, as we've found with our expensive ventures into the transfer market for players like Hoedt and Vestergaard, it's not easy to find a better Premier League class central defender than we already have.

I was disappointed when we let Cedric go but Walker-Peters looks like a real find and he's obviously a better long-term prospect.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 20:50]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Harsh v Everton on 21:15 - Jul 9 with 700 views1885_SFC

Harsh v Everton on 20:30 - Jul 9 by dirk_doone

Richarlison is a £50 million striker. He got a killer pass played to him and scored just like he would have done against any defence in the Premier League.

Ralph, his coaches and the players themselves have now made our defence as good as it's been since 2016. Stephens and Walker-Peters are outstanding, Bertrand is solid but losing a bit of pace and Bednarek is OK.

An upgrade on Bednarek would be good but, as we've found with our expensive ventures into the transfer market for players like Hoedt and Vestergaard, it's not easy to find a better Premier League class central defender than we already have.

I was disappointed when we let Cedric go but Walker-Peters looks like a real find and he's obviously a better long-term prospect.

Have we got an option to buy Walker-Peters or will Spurs want him back?

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Harsh v Everton on 21:41 - Jul 9 with 671 viewsBicester_North

Harsh v Everton on 20:30 - Jul 9 by dirk_doone

Agree with most of that but Stephens especially needs to show this type of form for a season, he has his spells of a few very good games but too inconsistent so far.
Hope he does though.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Harsh v Everton on 22:19 - Jul 9 with 604 viewscocklebreath

Harsh v Everton on 20:02 - Jul 9 by TimSaint

2 points thrown away, I reckon
Should have took advantage of 1st half chances and dominance

Sat back too much 2nd half

Almost like they were told a point was enough
I said to a mate via text that the players thought they must be winning, as playing it around and going backwards too much and not really creating much in the last half hour apart from Armstrong, so content with a draw when the game was there to be won.

Still, with our record there, a draw is a good result. Another draw on Monday would also be good, when you consider the mauling Bournemouth got up there !!

I think you’re being harsh, 2nd half was even but from 80 minutes on it was only saints trying to win the game, think we played some cracking stuff

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Harsh v Everton on 22:27 - Jul 9 with 592 viewsWaylander

Should have won that, but I think you have to give Ancelloti credit for changing the way Everton were playing at half time.
Harsh v Everton on 23:03 - Jul 9 with 572 viewshedgeend61

Harsh v Everton on 21:15 - Jul 9 by 1885_SFC

Have we got an option to buy Walker-Peters or will Spurs want him back?

Loan till end of season.

Busted flush Jose will probably (hopefully as he's decent)) sell him to us at the end of the season, as he hasn't much of a clue these days.
Against a rubbish Bournemouth side tonight who concede for fun, guess how many shots the mighty Spurs had on target?
Answer. NONE
Harsh v Everton on 23:13 - Jul 9 with 564 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Saints have to buy Walker-Peters, he's been brilliant! He won't be the best in the world, or the league, but he's a huge upgrade on what the club has and looks far more lively than Cedric ever did.

Stephens has really grown up, good on him! It's now Bednarek who looks the weaker link. A centre back has always been needed and that hasn't changed.

Agree that Bertrand is losing a yard of pace, he'll be fine next season I'm sure.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024