Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
City Ban Overturned 10:01 - Jul 13 with 1067 viewsSaintNick

also fine cut from 30 million to 20 million euros

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

City Ban Overturned on 10:12 - Jul 13 with 1048 viewssolent_toffee

FFP will be jibbed for the next few years with clubs being encouraged to spend money, more money spent, more tax paid etc.

This decision has kick started it I reckon.
City Ban Overturned on 10:40 - Jul 13 with 1007 viewsSonicBoom

On the one hand I think if they haven't done anything wrong then why are they still being fined?
But also I think it was all ridiculous. All of Euroipes big clubs have dominated by spending more than everyone else for years. City do it and suddenly they've broken all the rules? Nah.

Maybe I'm biased because I actually like City. They still seem (up to now) to be less arrogant and more low key than the other big clubs. Their fanbase still remember when they really were sh1t, and even their superstars like De Bruyne and Silva seem a breath of fresh air compared to the Firminos and Pogba's.
City Ban Overturned on 10:56 - Jul 13 with 990 viewsSadoldgit

City Ban Overturned on 10:40 - Jul 13 by SonicBoom

On the one hand I think if they haven't done anything wrong then why are they still being fined?
But also I think it was all ridiculous. All of Euroipes big clubs have dominated by spending more than everyone else for years. City do it and suddenly they've broken all the rules? Nah.

Maybe I'm biased because I actually like City. They still seem (up to now) to be less arrogant and more low key than the other big clubs. Their fanbase still remember when they really were sh1t, and even their superstars like De Bruyne and Silva seem a breath of fresh air compared to the Firminos and Pogba's.

My thoughts too. They are either guilty or innocent of the charges. If they have now been found innocent why still fine them?
City Ban Overturned on 11:26 - Jul 13 with 960 viewsdirk_doone

City Ban Overturned on 10:56 - Jul 13 by Sadoldgit

My thoughts too. They are either guilty or innocent of the charges. If they have now been found innocent why still fine them?

They probably hired the best legal team money could buy. The most expensive defence lawyers are the ones who've never had a client found guilty. So, basically, City got away with it because they are so wealthy.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 11:59]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

City Ban Overturned on 12:09 - Jul 13 with 916 viewsTimSaint

The fine was actually reduced from 30 Million Euros to 10 Million Euros.

The reason why they were fined was because of their unwillingness and refusal to assist with the enquiry. Seriously though, what did they expect ? City to be fully cooperative with them trying hard to dig up some dirt on them ?

Because the evidence was from a hacked email and most of the dealings were between 5 and 8 years ago, the threshold being 5 years, City were always confident of getting the ban reduced or totally overruled.

Many other big spending clubs have successfully appealed in the past, so you can see why City have too.

TimSaint

City Ban Overturned on 13:38 - Jul 13 with 832 viewsfranniesTache

F*ck it i think it's a good thing, If you keep a version of FFP all it does is entrench the big clubs anyway, and the newly rich clubs will find a way around it.

Just let everyone go batsh*t for a bit, it’ll speed up the collapse and we might finally get our game back.

Football is utterly f*cking rotten to the core, from agents, to "sports washing" from states with backwards regimes, to players rinsing every last penny out of clubs and plastic fans pumping vast quantities of cash into clubs that don't need them.

In my opinion we've passed the point of no return on what we've got, so f*ck it lets speed up the death by giving it more of the drug it wants.
City Ban Overturned on 13:54 - Jul 13 with 817 viewsBazza

City Ban Overturned on 13:38 - Jul 13 by franniesTache

F*ck it i think it's a good thing, If you keep a version of FFP all it does is entrench the big clubs anyway, and the newly rich clubs will find a way around it.

Just let everyone go batsh*t for a bit, it’ll speed up the collapse and we might finally get our game back.

Football is utterly f*cking rotten to the core, from agents, to "sports washing" from states with backwards regimes, to players rinsing every last penny out of clubs and plastic fans pumping vast quantities of cash into clubs that don't need them.

In my opinion we've passed the point of no return on what we've got, so f*ck it lets speed up the death by giving it more of the drug it wants.

I agree totally. FFP is designed to keep the rich clubs richer than the rest.
City Ban Overturned on 15:35 - Jul 13 with 767 viewskingslandstand1

City Ban Overturned on 10:40 - Jul 13 by SonicBoom

I thought I heard the fine was reduced to a paltry £10m (from £30m) because they withheld information from the initial inquiry?
Login to get fewer ads

City Ban Overturned on 16:46 - Jul 13 with 727 viewsSadoldgit

City Ban Overturned on 13:54 - Jul 13 by Bazza

I agree totally. FFP is designed to keep the rich clubs richer than the rest.

It’s more than a hindrance than a help for clubs like us. It certainly doesn’t stop the big clubs using their wealth to keep their monopoly on the top positions. Bin it.
City Ban Overturned on 21:00 - Jul 13 with 638 viewsBlue

Fk uefa.
Fk liverpool fc
Fk bayern munich
Fk man utd
Fk arsenal
Fk juventus
Fk Milan
Fk real madrid
Fk barcelona.

uefa for being weak as fk for caving in to the demands of the g-14 clubs (upon threat of a breakaway 'champions league) to charge City, regardless of the lack of evidence.

Fk javier tebas, fk david gill, fk parry (ex of lfc), fk uli hoeness and rumenigge and all the other snivelling cvnts at the so-called elite of european football.

Snobby, elitist pr1cks that want to keep all clubs except their own away from the top table, smarmy wanchors.

Today is a victory for other clubs who may get a chance at the top because of owner investment followed by increased sponsorship and prize/tv money.

Still stood in the Kippax

City Ban Overturned on 08:06 - Jul 15 with 514 viewssledger

Guilty of withholding information,but not guilty of the offence,so why withhold information
City Ban Overturned on 08:10 - Jul 15 with 512 viewsTripleNiemi

Gotta love the hypocrisy; Klopp banging on about FFP yet happy to illegally tap up a player.

Saints really should have taken them to town but yet sadly we bent over backwards and took one.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

City Ban Overturned on 20:56 - Jul 15 with 423 viewsBlue

City Ban Overturned on 08:06 - Jul 15 by sledger

Guilty of withholding information,but not guilty of the offence,so why withhold information

To make uefa look as stupid and bent as they are.

Uefa's head of legal affairs, is a certain Simon Drake, ex-employee of......
Manchester united.

City knew the appeal would be successful, why make the pr1cks job easier for them, when they are trying to drag you down?

Still stood in the Kippax

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024