Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops 08:22 - Jul 14 with 3551 viewsgrumpy

from July24th,why does it take 11 days?
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 13:20 - Jul 14 with 808 viewssolent_toffee

Isn’t the timing due to the 1.5 million people who have been shielding but will have restrictions lifted on 1 August and is designed to protect them as they ease back into society.

Seems fair enough to me.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 13:22 - Jul 14 with 801 viewsSadoldgit

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 13:20 - Jul 14 by solent_toffee

Isn’t the timing due to the 1.5 million people who have been shielding but will have restrictions lifted on 1 August and is designed to protect them as they ease back into society.

Seems fair enough to me.

Okay, but what about everybody else?

If it is better for us to wear them why not start from the point that was agreed upon rather than many weeks later. I assume people who haven’t been shielding would rather not get it either.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 13:26]
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 13:24 - Jul 14 with 796 viewssaint22

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 10:54 - Jul 14 by SaintNick

Yes really.

1 The truth is that the World doesn't know how much wearing masks stops the disease or doesn't stop it, no one does, everyone is stabbing in the dark

2. No one knows how badly the government had managed the situation because there is nothing to actually compare it with. We do not know whether we would have lost only 10,000 lives or actually 60,000 if we had done it differently as there is no blanket answer, t seems to attack everyone differently

3. I'm not defending them, I am just pointing out that they have followed the medical advice.

4. If you want to mention care homes then perhaps we should consider that these are all privately run, they charge around £4,000 per month for the minimal level of care and they employ staff on minimum wages, yet it is a government failure, not that of a rich owner to actually impose the advice given.

5.If you want to bring politics on to this board do so in an adult way which debates the full situation instead of just the headlines and involving veiled abuse

6. I have never said a good word about Donald Trump, so thank you for justifying number 5 above with such a childish and schoolboyish remark

Ok Nick I see what side your bread is buttered
Veiled abuse, hmmmmm as opposed to just blatant abuse

Followed medical advice??? They have flagrantly not followed medical advise and silenced the scientists trying to get that advice to the public, not to mention letting their advisors carry on regardless and the PM shaking hands in a hospital

This site is becoming a fake news/censored Murdoch lite forum
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 13:25 - Jul 14 with 795 viewssolent_toffee

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 13:22 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

Okay, but what about everybody else?

If it is better for us to wear them why not start from the point that was agreed upon rather than many weeks later. I assume people who haven’t been shielding would rather not get it either.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 13:26]

I’m on about everyone else. Everyone wearing them in shops, buses etc where people will be accessing for the first time in about five months.

As I say, perfectly reasonable request.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 13:28 - Jul 14 with 791 viewsSadoldgit

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 13:25 - Jul 14 by solent_toffee

I’m on about everyone else. Everyone wearing them in shops, buses etc where people will be accessing for the first time in about five months.

As I say, perfectly reasonable request.

Fine, in which case why not start this for everybody weeks ago when it was agreed it was a good idea?
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 13:45 - Jul 14 with 781 viewssolent_toffee

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 13:28 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

Fine, in which case why not start this for everybody weeks ago when it was agreed it was a good idea?

Was it agreed that it was a good idea weeks ago, I honestly don’t know. I know for sure that 1.5 million people are coming out from 1 August which makes perfect sense to try to protect them as much as possible as they start to access places.

As Nick said this is a moving unprecedented pandemic and things are constantly changing every hour of every day. You can’t simply say “well last week they said this, now this week they are saying that”. It’s not as simple as that.

I’m slap bang in the middle of delivering a large government run project and we are getting updated guidance three-four times a day. We don’t question it, we evolve with it, to make it safe and for life to continue as normal as possible.

If we went down the road of continuously questioning what regular guidelines we are given and not learning to be pragmatic and adapt, we might as well just give up.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 16:10 - Jul 14 with 733 viewsRednWight

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 12:44 - Jul 14 by SaintNick

Is this the same WHO who reported that this virus could not be transmitted between humans after speaking to China and who bar Taiwan from the organisation ?

Scotland will act on anything to try and discredit England and generate anti English feeling in Scotland that will lead to another independence vote

I don’t think WHO bans Taiwan. I think it’s the UN of which WHO is a subsidiary
As for the delay in compulsory masks it’s probably to give time to pass legislation in parliament otherwise they won’t be able to fine people
Apologies for typing something that doesn’t slag off another poster or call them names

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 16:20 - Jul 14 with 727 viewsgrumpy

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 10:13 - Jul 14 by SaintNick

Rather than moan at the government why not try to look at some of the reasons why they are phasing it in.

Firstly if they had just announced it and said it goes into virtually immediate affect , there would have been a rush of people buying face masks and within days half the population would own all the face masks which would now be possible to obtain and the other half would have no face masks and be unable to go to the shops.

Secondly the fact they haven't put it into immediate affect could mean they see it as an extra prevention not essential.

Thirdly the number of people using the pubs is minimal compared to the number who have to go shopping.

Fourthly some say it is dithering, but what actual medical evidence do you base that on ? the Government has followed the medical advice virtually to the letter, so perhaps it is not dithering but planning.

I have grown sick of the so called "experts" on social media who know so much more than the government or for that matter anyone else.

The truth is that no one knows whether right or wrong decisions have been made because the medical experts are still unsure of how the disease is transmitted and the cure for it, there has not been years of research into this, it started only 6 months ago, it is trial and error in everything, it is a disease that seems to transmit and grow differently in different countries, different part of those countries and different sections of the population.

No one truly know what the right or wrong things to do are.

I a no lover of the Government, but I do know they have followed the medical advice and whoever was in Governement would be receiving the same advice from the same people and doing the same things.

I also know that if Labour were in power that they would not be getting slaughtered by the Tories for doing exactly this and that is the saddest thing about this, we are not united as a country in beating it, it is a political football

I suggest that its most probably half the country already have face masks and it wouldn't be too much of a problem for the rest to obtain them.

If they haven't made it 'immediate' why are they making it mandatory at all?

Oh! people using pubs will be minimal, you're right there.

It has been 'dithering', as this virus slept across europe we have been slow to put measures in place to fight the impact.

These 'so called "experts" on social media 'as you put it are just expressing an opinion.

The last time I looked we were the third in the world for deaths from this virus behind USA and Brazil, with nearly 45 thousand deaths,Germany have lost just over 9 Thousand.
Wrong decisions have been made and we are too slow to address them even now.

Medical advice should have been sought worldwide,particularly from countries like Germany etc,did we do this?

'I also know that if Labour were in power that they would not be getting slaughtered by the Tories for doing exactly this'
Do you honestly believe that,I don't.

An independent enquiry needs to be done on the way this virus has been handled because there are lessons to be learnt,not the least about Care Homes,PPI and testing.The message from this government has too often been confusing,late and contradictory for just one example a cabinet minister saying one thing and days later the prime minister another.
Login to get fewer ads

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 16:47 - Jul 14 with 710 viewsBazza

11 days are required so that there is sufficient time to bring in the legislation required to manage/ fine the number of immature tossers who will try to find a loophole, and the human rights brigade who know better. Not to mention the time it takes to get our dynamic Civil Service to leap into action.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 16:51 - Jul 14 with 709 viewsBicester_North

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 13:24 - Jul 14 by saint22

Ok Nick I see what side your bread is buttered
Veiled abuse, hmmmmm as opposed to just blatant abuse

Followed medical advice??? They have flagrantly not followed medical advise and silenced the scientists trying to get that advice to the public, not to mention letting their advisors carry on regardless and the PM shaking hands in a hospital

This site is becoming a fake news/censored Murdoch lite forum

It does make me laugh how you keep pretending you know a lot, but show your teenage activist style comedy cluelessness with nearly every post.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 16:56 - Jul 14 with 705 viewsChesham_Saint

It strikes me that about half the posters on here are purely driven by an almost rabid anti Tory agenda. Even if Boris adopted the last Labour manifesto wholesale they’d still think he’s a git.

Personally, I think any government would have struggled with Covid, but we’d have been even deeper in the shit with Corbyn’s proposed cabinet. That said, with the clear out Sir Kier has had, I’m pretty sure they’d be getting some things right (and some wrong). It’s not a time for political point scoring and bed wetting.

As someone once said, “I’m with Nick on this one...“

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 17:08 - Jul 14 with 696 viewsSadoldgit

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 13:45 - Jul 14 by solent_toffee

Was it agreed that it was a good idea weeks ago, I honestly don’t know. I know for sure that 1.5 million people are coming out from 1 August which makes perfect sense to try to protect them as much as possible as they start to access places.

As Nick said this is a moving unprecedented pandemic and things are constantly changing every hour of every day. You can’t simply say “well last week they said this, now this week they are saying that”. It’s not as simple as that.

I’m slap bang in the middle of delivering a large government run project and we are getting updated guidance three-four times a day. We don’t question it, we evolve with it, to make it safe and for life to continue as normal as possible.

If we went down the road of continuously questioning what regular guidelines we are given and not learning to be pragmatic and adapt, we might as well just give up.

Yes it was. After many weeks of uncertainty they finally decided that wearing a mask/face covering would help to slow down the spread of the virus which why I am surprised that it has taken so long for this announcement. We were told at first that people would use their own common sense. What what that supposed to mean? It doesn’t help that just days ago that Johnson and Gove were contradicting each other over the use of face coverings. Wouldn’t you expect people in government to speak to each other to ensure they are all on the same page, especially when lives are at stake?

As for your point Nick that Labour would not be treated the same if they were in power and were dealing with the pandemic in the same inept, shambolic way, seriously? The right wing wolf pack on here would be ripping them to shreds, as would the right wing media.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 17:26 - Jul 14 with 689 viewsChesham_Saint

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 17:08 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

Yes it was. After many weeks of uncertainty they finally decided that wearing a mask/face covering would help to slow down the spread of the virus which why I am surprised that it has taken so long for this announcement. We were told at first that people would use their own common sense. What what that supposed to mean? It doesn’t help that just days ago that Johnson and Gove were contradicting each other over the use of face coverings. Wouldn’t you expect people in government to speak to each other to ensure they are all on the same page, especially when lives are at stake?

As for your point Nick that Labour would not be treated the same if they were in power and were dealing with the pandemic in the same inept, shambolic way, seriously? The right wing wolf pack on here would be ripping them to shreds, as would the right wing media.

The ‘right wing media’ ? What is that exactly?

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 18:29 - Jul 14 with 659 viewsSadoldgit

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 17:26 - Jul 14 by Chesham_Saint

The ‘right wing media’ ? What is that exactly?

The sections of the media who support the Tories. I’m sure you know who they are.

It is not going well. Tory journalist Toby Jones has said that he won’t vote Tory again and many Tory faithful are ripping up their membership cards!
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 18:59 - Jul 14 with 634 viewsChesham_Saint

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 18:29 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

The sections of the media who support the Tories. I’m sure you know who they are.

It is not going well. Tory journalist Toby Jones has said that he won’t vote Tory again and many Tory faithful are ripping up their membership cards!

The media? If by that you mean print then you’re stuck in the 90s. Print has been declining in its influence for years. Even then allowing for the Guardian, Mirror and yes, even the FT It’s certainly not a one way street.

In reality The vast majority of the “media” is more left leaning than Tory supporting and you know it.

As for Toby Young, well if that’s all you have to go on....

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 19:05 - Jul 14 with 625 viewssaint68

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 10:13 - Jul 14 by SaintNick

Rather than moan at the government why not try to look at some of the reasons why they are phasing it in.

Firstly if they had just announced it and said it goes into virtually immediate affect , there would have been a rush of people buying face masks and within days half the population would own all the face masks which would now be possible to obtain and the other half would have no face masks and be unable to go to the shops.

Secondly the fact they haven't put it into immediate affect could mean they see it as an extra prevention not essential.

Thirdly the number of people using the pubs is minimal compared to the number who have to go shopping.

Fourthly some say it is dithering, but what actual medical evidence do you base that on ? the Government has followed the medical advice virtually to the letter, so perhaps it is not dithering but planning.

I have grown sick of the so called "experts" on social media who know so much more than the government or for that matter anyone else.

The truth is that no one knows whether right or wrong decisions have been made because the medical experts are still unsure of how the disease is transmitted and the cure for it, there has not been years of research into this, it started only 6 months ago, it is trial and error in everything, it is a disease that seems to transmit and grow differently in different countries, different part of those countries and different sections of the population.

No one truly know what the right or wrong things to do are.

I a no lover of the Government, but I do know they have followed the medical advice and whoever was in Governement would be receiving the same advice from the same people and doing the same things.

I also know that if Labour were in power that they would not be getting slaughtered by the Tories for doing exactly this and that is the saddest thing about this, we are not united as a country in beating it, it is a political football

Well put Nick, sick and tired of the perpetual negativity and moaning by politically motivated whingers..mistakes have been made and we are all aware of that.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 19:47 - Jul 14 with 602 viewsBoris_

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 19:05 - Jul 14 by saint68

Well put Nick, sick and tired of the perpetual negativity and moaning by politically motivated whingers..mistakes have been made and we are all aware of that.

Exactly and mistakes would have been made regardless of who the government is.

Poll: Claude Puel

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 20:48 - Jul 14 with 567 viewsgrumpy

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 19:05 - Jul 14 by saint68

There's no 'politically motivated'comments here,I am well aware how difficult dealing this virus is going to be,any party would struggle, but this one is all over the place.
The thought that they have to sort a Brexit deal out with Europe and then a deal with the USA is a nightmare.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 21:18 - Jul 14 with 548 views1ASIN12

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 13:28 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

I take it you and your family have been wearing face coverings for the past few weeks?
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 23:54 - Jul 14 with 515 viewsRon11

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 10:21 - Jul 14 by saint22

Really?
How long has the world known that wearing masks is a better choice than not?
How badly has this whole pandemic been mismanaged and reactive by this government yet you try and defend them?
Track & trace, testing, masks, care homes failure after failure
Next you will be saying Trump has got it all right too

How long has Nick been saying this is the football forum not the non football forum and as such why is this shit being discussed on here?
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 00:20 - Jul 15 with 511 viewsthissceptredsaint

We are not united because this government doesn't govern on behalf of everyone.

Simple really, people know it.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 07:06 - Jul 15 with 474 viewsDellHero

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 12:15 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

This is precisely the issue. Several weeks ago the WHO along with our governments own experts advised that, although a normal face covering probably wouldn’t protect you from the virus, it did have a beneficial effect on stopping the virus spreading. Scotland acted on that information but it has taken Johnson weeks to do the same after previously saying it was down to the common sense of the individual??? So what did that mean? We either need to wear one or we don’t. No point in me wearing one if no one else is. All of a sudden it is so important we wear one that we get fined £100 if we don’t. Unless we are in a pub. Or somewhere other than a shop, a supermarket or on public transport. Not forgetting of course the dozens of people who are working in the supermarkets whilst we are shopping.

🤪

Just re-read your own post...

“although a normal face covering probably wouldn’t protect you from the virus, it did have a beneficial effect on stopping the virus spreading”

Contradictory statement.

Like most, you don’t know what you’re writing.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 7:06]
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 07:32 - Jul 15 with 460 viewssledger

I think it's all a load of bollo+is and if you asked most people they would sooner live life normally and take there chances most people who are liable to get it will sooner or later,better to get it in the summer when you're immune system is stronger not in the winter when all sorts of bugs are around
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 07:49 - Jul 15 with 450 viewsDellHero

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 07:32 - Jul 15 by sledger

I think it's all a load of bollo+is and if you asked most people they would sooner live life normally and take there chances most people who are liable to get it will sooner or later,better to get it in the summer when you're immune system is stronger not in the winter when all sorts of bugs are around

Agree. It’s about risk and fear.

Now face masks have been ‘weaponised’ it will set people into one of two camps.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 07:58 - Jul 15 with 443 viewssledger

Government love the virus,destroying the cash economy,killing plenty that are liable to draw a pension and the economy pays to effectively make thousands redundant by gradually reducing furlough payments until people cant survive and look elsewhere yes plenty doing ok out of this
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024