Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club 11:54 - Jul 24 with 1071 viewsdirk_doone

Off the top of my head, excluding loanees and players who were released at youth team level, like Ings, I can only think of Channon but I'm sure there must have been more. Who were they?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 11:59]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:00 - Jul 24 with 1057 viewsBenali_Saint

I can think of
Graham Baker (I think)
Craig Maskell
Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:02 - Jul 24 with 1053 viewsdirk_doone

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:00 - Jul 24 by Benali_Saint

I can think of
Graham Baker (I think)
Craig Maskell

Yes, you are right. Channon and Baker both returned to us from Man City.

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:03 - Jul 24 with 1049 viewsPatfromPoole

Kevin Davies.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:10 - Jul 24 with 1035 viewsPatfromPoole

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:03 - Jul 24 by PatfromPoole

Kevin Davies.

Sorry, misread the OP. Kevin Davies wasn’t in our youth set-up....

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:10 - Jul 24 with 1034 viewsPatfromPoole

How about Kevin Phillips and Dennis Wise though?

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:18 - Jul 24 with 1025 viewsdirk_doone

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:10 - Jul 24 by PatfromPoole

How about Kevin Phillips and Dennis Wise though?

Perhaps. we should have a second thread for great players we released at youth level? Les Ferdinand, for example, who was at our London academy along with the Wallace brothers. Those London and North-eastern academies produced some great players, like Shearer.

Kevin Davies is one I should have remembered. but he rarely gets mentioned by Saints fans nowadays.

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:19 - Jul 24 with 1022 viewsChesham_Saint

Alan Ball

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:21 - Jul 24 with 1018 viewsChesham_Saint

George Lawrence (Eek! Could we still jovially refer to him as Chicken George these days!?).

Login to get fewer ads

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:22 - Jul 24 with 1015 viewsPatfromPoole

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:18 - Jul 24 by dirk_doone

Perhaps. we should have a second thread for great players we released at youth level? Les Ferdinand, for example, who was at our London academy along with the Wallace brothers. Those London and North-eastern academies produced some great players, like Shearer.

Kevin Davies is one I should have remembered. but he rarely gets mentioned by Saints fans nowadays.

I didn’t know that about Les Ferdinand.

Interesting.

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:24 - Jul 24 with 1015 viewsdirk_doone

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:19 - Jul 24 by Chesham_Saint

Alan Ball

Yes. Coincidentally, he also had 2 spells as a player at Blackpool: the second one 14 years after the first. That must be some sort of record.

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:31 - Jul 24 with 1010 viewsdirk_doone

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:22 - Jul 24 by PatfromPoole

I didn’t know that about Les Ferdinand.

Interesting.

Yes, he attended training sessions at our London academy but I don't think he was ever offered a contract. Those regional academies set up by McMenemy were quite an innovation at the time. Alan Shearer was referring to his time at our north-eastern academy on MOTD the other night. He said he was coached there by Dave Merrington, who told him to concentrate on getting power into his right foot shots.

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 14:11 - Jul 24 with 950 viewsBicester_North

Ivan Golac went back to Yugoslavia for a season then returned

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 14:14 - Jul 24 with 948 viewsBicester_North

Also- Jon Gittens (RIP)

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 14:30 - Jul 24 with 938 viewsTimSaint

Chris Nicholl played for us and later returned to manage us.

TimSaint

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 15:33 - Jul 24 with 901 viewsBoris_

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:18 - Jul 24 by dirk_doone

Gazza.

Came down for a trial. Only 1 keeper turned up so he went in goal for the other team...

Poll: Claude Puel

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 17:51 - Jul 24 with 831 viewskingslandstand1

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 15:33 - Jul 24 by Boris_

Gazza.

Came down for a trial. Only 1 keeper turned up so he went in goal for the other team...

That's a nugget piece of info
Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 17:52 - Jul 24 with 830 viewskingslandstand1

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:00 - Jul 24 by Benali_Saint

I can think of
Graham Baker (I think)
Craig Maskell

Graham Baker, good old Merry Oak boy
Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 18:04 - Jul 24 with 821 viewsChesham_Saint

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 12:10 - Jul 24 by PatfromPoole

Sorry, misread the OP. Kevin Davies wasn’t in our youth set-up....

Yes I missed that too! Doh!

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 19:39 - Jul 25 with 662 viewsUmPahars

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 14:11 - Jul 24 by Bicester_North

Ivan Golac went back to Yugoslavia for a season then returned

I thought I was going to win a prize for saying Golac!!!
Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 21:15 - Jul 25 with 627 viewsBicester_North

Players who've returned for a 2nd spell at the club on 19:39 - Jul 25 by UmPahars

I thought I was going to win a prize for saying Golac!!!

We’ll share a joint prize

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024