Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth Suing VAR 21:50 - Jul 28 with 1494 viewsSaintNick

They are considering suing VAR for the incident where Sheff Utd were denied a goal in the opening game after lockdown, an error that was the difference between Villa staying up or going down.

The law states:

The International Football Association Board (Ifab) rules state: "In principle, a match is not invalidated because of: malfunction(s) of the VAR technology (as for goal line technology (GLT))."

I agree with that, VAR is there to try and help it is not in infallible and the be all and end all of decisions.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 22:01 - Jul 28 with 1477 viewsChesham_Saint

Their lawyers will look at the same evidence and won't recommend pursuing it unless they feel they have a realistic chance of success. Which they won't have. Presumably their Board are doing this just to keep those fans happy who feel this wrong can be addressed.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 22:02 - Jul 28 with 1477 viewsPatfromPoole

They’d be better off suing whoever made the decisions to sign all the crap players they have bought over the last couple of years.

They have spent a lot of money.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 22:25 - Jul 28 with 1427 viewscocklebreath

Even if the goal was given it might have spurred villa onto a 2-1 victory, bunch of noddy losers.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 22:37 - Jul 28 with 1387 viewsWints76

I hope they do take it further and make a real fuss as being an onlooker, I will love the drama and bitching.
Bournemouth Suing VAR on 22:41 - Jul 28 with 1379 viewsPatfromPoole

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 22:37 - Jul 28 by Wints76

I hope they do take it further and make a real fuss as being an onlooker, I will love the drama and bitching.

That’s decidedly harsh and just a little bit mean, Rich.

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 22:58 - Jul 28 with 1355 viewsWints76

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 22:41 - Jul 28 by PatfromPoole

That’s decidedly harsh and just a little bit mean, Rich.

But it will liven up the few weeks without football. We aren't involved, they can't win, insults will be thrown. Wonderful. I don't want VAR etc as I love the arguing and moaning. It's part of the theatre. This could be its swansong.
Bournemouth Suing VAR on 00:13 - Jul 29 with 1298 views1885_SFC

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 22:02 - Jul 28 by PatfromPoole

They’d be better off suing whoever made the decisions to sign all the crap players they have bought over the last couple of years.

F*ck me - pot kettle black or what!!!

Old School is Cool

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 07:48 - Jul 29 with 1182 viewsSadoldgit

Where do you stop? Will we end up with referees or linesmen being sued for dodgy decisions? A season isn’t decided over one decision. They went down because they were one of the three worst performing teams in the Premier league over the whole season.
Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 08:14 - Jul 29 with 1160 viewsTripleNiemi

This was always going to be a possibility hence why i wanted the Hammers gone (as watching Sullivan and Gold take legal action would have been priceless).

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 08:18 - Jul 29 with 1155 viewsTripleNiemi

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 07:48 - Jul 29 by Sadoldgit

Where do you stop? Will we end up with referees or linesmen being sued for dodgy decisions? A season isn’t decided over one decision. They went down because they were one of the three worst performing teams in the Premier league over the whole season.

But this is what the dopey cūnts running (or should i say ruining) football have now introduced. Before when it was purely down to the refs and linesmen you almost accepted such split decisions; now they have brought this in to apparently improve the game this is just the start you watch. One landslide case in the next few years could be as big as the 'Bosman' effect for ramifications.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 08:31 - Jul 29 with 1138 viewssolent_toffee

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 22:02 - Jul 28 by PatfromPoole

“Hello, is that Liverpool? We’ve recently purchased one of your Ibe’s.... yeah it’s doesnt work...yes checked the batteries, turned it on and off, sorry who am I speaking to again?”
Bournemouth Suing VAR on 12:07 - Jul 29 with 1020 viewskingslandstand1

Signs of desperation and will then be countered by Villa no doubt. Why did no one take any legal action at the time of the (clear and obvious) error? Sheff Utd, who have history, were well on with a shout at Europe at the time, or other teams threaten legal action then rather than wait until it's past it's sell by date

I know, why don't we sue someone over the decision to have 3 teams relegated rather than 2 back in 74 when we were the first to suffer that 3rd team fate
Bournemouth Suing VAR on 14:41 - Jul 29 with 942 viewsSaintNick

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 12:07 - Jul 29 by kingslandstand1

Signs of desperation and will then be countered by Villa no doubt. Why did no one take any legal action at the time of the (clear and obvious) error? Sheff Utd, who have history, were well on with a shout at Europe at the time, or other teams threaten legal action then rather than wait until it's past it's sell by date

I know, why don't we sue someone over the decision to have 3 teams relegated rather than 2 back in 74 when we were the first to suffer that 3rd team fate

As I said VAR is just an aid to the refs decision which is always final not VAR, the ref decided not to review it further, the linesman hadn't indicated it was over, they have no legal grounds for a challenge

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 14:51 - Jul 29 with 935 viewskingslandstand1

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 14:41 - Jul 29 by SaintNick

As I said VAR is just an aid to the refs decision which is always final not VAR, the ref decided not to review it further, the linesman hadn't indicated it was over, they have no legal grounds for a challenge

I'll agree with you on that one

Would love to see them try it on though and what would that do for the game and powers that be
Bournemouth Suing VAR on 15:11 - Jul 29 with 917 viewsDorsetIan

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 14:41 - Jul 29 by SaintNick

VAR should just be an aid to the ref's decision but that's not how it's been working so far. The ref has been standing there with his finger in his ear, waiting to be told by the VAR geeks what the decision is.

The Oliver example was a perfect example of that. He knew the ball was over the line but he just stood there pointing at this watch and shrugging his shoulders.

Since lockdown they seem - thankfully - to be moving away from this a bit and to be letting the onfield decisions stand as far as possible. That must be the right way to go. Should be the same for offsides, no offside should be called if it is so close that the person actually running the line could never have called it and if any doubt, benefit should go to the attacker.

You must be right that it's all lip service from the Bournemouth board. They wouldn't have a hope - not least because no game is decided by a goal in the middle of a game.

I would have thought they should take it on the chin. Their relegation scrap performance was embarrassing enough.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 15:47 - Jul 29 with 896 viewsPatfromPoole

Bournemouth Suing VAR on 00:13 - Jul 29 by 1885_SFC

F*ck me - pot kettle black or what!!!

You OK, hun?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024