Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Week 12:55 - Jul 30 with 1935 viewsSaintNick

Sees the 20th birthday of this website

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Next Week on 10:11 - Jul 31 with 612 viewsChesham_Saint

Fair enough Nick. I know it was a sensitive issue and thought twice about including the reference.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Next Week on 10:32 - Jul 31 with 580 viewsSaintNick

Next Week on 10:11 - Jul 31 by Chesham_Saint

Fair enough Nick. I know it was a sensitive issue and thought twice about including the reference.

Not your fault Chesham, sadly it is a situation that is what it is and I have to remove any reference

Next Week on 11:41 - Jul 31 with 543 viewsPatfromPoole

Next Week on 10:06 - Jul 31 by SaintNick

It would be nice to see some of them pop back, things evolve and things change, but they all added something to the site.

Rightly or wrongly I have always tried to give people their right to say what they want, for some that proved hard to take, for other it proved hard to stop themselves.

Things have calmed down a lot of late, perhaps some who left will find it more to their liking these days.

Congrats for 20 years, Nick. No mean feat in this day and age when everything seems so short-term.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Next Week on 12:11 - Jul 31 with 534 viewsSaintNick

Next Week on 11:41 - Jul 31 by PatfromPoole

Congrats for 20 years, Nick. No mean feat in this day and age when everything seems so short-term.

Thanks Pat

The fanzine itself was 32 years old back in April

Next Week on 13:20 - Jul 31 with 507 viewsUmPahars

A good 20 years fella.

Remember retelling the 9/11 attack on here as I watched it live on the TV in my office.

Some good banter, inside gossip, loads of bolllox and some good acquaintances.

Keep it up..
Next Week on 16:16 - Jul 31 with 464 viewsA1079

All I can say sincerely Nick is thank you. I think the work you do to keep it going and to try and manage it with an eclectic mix of people and audience is a fine balancing act which you do with dignity.

On a personal note, I have gained alot of pleasure from this site. I don't always agree with everything and some of my own posts I think - what on earth possessed me to write that and wish I could withdraw it, but it has been good to have a mix of views and opinions on a range of things and also some good humour.

I have been thankful for the times fellow posters have offered help with tickets, parking etc and once when I could not get a ticket for what was then my little lad, someone stepped in. The majority of people have been good, decent and honest including some that are no longer on here and some of the contentious ones.

Here is to another 20 Nick - though I suspect I might be either dead or in a home by then!
Next Week on 16:42 - Jul 31 with 444 viewssaint22

Next Week on 16:04 - Jul 30 by InsideOut

Congrats !

I started reading TUI around 2002

I miss Elvis Pompey, anyone know what happened to him ?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 16:05]

Ah Elvis, i remember him from my first entry to this world
Well done Nick, some feat 20 years in this ever hanging minefield!
Next Week on 16:47 - Jul 31 with 439 viewsNYC_Saint

I heavily relied on this site once we were relegated as it was difficult to get any video of non premier league games out here back then. My main way of gauging how we were doing was through reading the “Verdicts” and I always appreciated your considered approach to not get too negative on the way down or be too excitable one the way back up. Similarly the message board was my only real window into transfer activity so thank you for providing this service which I imagine many ex pat fans Have found invaluable.
Login to get fewer ads

Next Week on 17:08 - Jul 31 with 427 viewsInsideOut

Next Week on 16:42 - Jul 31 by saint22

which Elvis do you mean ?

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Next Week on 17:11 - Jul 31 with 424 viewsInsideOut

Next Week on 16:47 - Jul 31 by NYC_Saint

I heavily relied on this site once we were relegated as it was difficult to get any video of non premier league games out here back then. My main way of gauging how we were doing was through reading the “Verdicts” and I always appreciated your considered approach to not get too negative on the way down or be too excitable one the way back up. Similarly the message board was my only real window into transfer activity so thank you for providing this service which I imagine many ex pat fans Have found invaluable.

Yep exactly the same here, when Saints weren't in the prem this site was my only source.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 17:12]

Next Week on 17:17 - Jul 31 with 418 viewskingslandstand1

To be honest I'm not sure how you've retained your sanity over the years with all of the rubbish that get's posted on here a lot of the time by all on here, as well as some of the personal abuse you also get - or may be you have lost it :-)

There have been a few torrid times on here, particularly over the last year or so when it got heavy, and I think you did lose quite a few posters at that time. But you managed to control that with a rod of steel and get things almost back on the straight and level. Hopefully the movers may start to return

The beauty is that you let almost any subject be discussed, not just our common denominator, SFC. The board does tend to be very blokey although good to see Suzie on here a few times to keep us back in check?

There is a great variance of opinions on here for all subjects, Saints or politics or general gossip, as well I think quite an age difference(?) There must also be quite a few voyeurs who read those opinions but don't get involved in the discussions, but what's up with that?

There have also been quite a few entertaining and amusing times as well as the infamous ITK'rs to keep us up with the news of all these world class players Saints are about to sign , but it starts a debate ..........

Not sure how long I've been on here or how many posts I've put on (I'm sure there's a way of finding out?) But I'm guessing some 10 years or so - well it feels like it. Being the non-confrontational type probably more ignored than argued with, but you get used to that

Anyway, keep up the good work

Oh, and all on here keep up the banter - it's quite harmless
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 17:20]
Next Week on 17:19 - Jul 31 with 413 viewskingslandstand1

Next Week on 17:08 - Jul 31 by InsideOut

which Elvis do you mean ?

I think he's left the room
Next Week on 17:24 - Jul 31 with 409 viewsKennington

Top work Nick, thanks for keeping this going.

What happened to AIDS Victim, did the virus catch up with him?

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Next Week on 17:33 - Jul 31 with 398 viewsInsideOut

Next Week on 17:19 - Jul 31 by kingslandstand1

I think he's left the room

Next Week on 18:02 - Jul 31 with 384 viewsChesham_Saint

I think Nick ought to set out a list of current members (those still here) and those that have left..

Some of the skates who’ve been on here down the years have been quite fun and it would be interesting to recall them...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Next Week on 18:23 - Jul 31 with 367 viewskingslandstand1

Next Week on 18:02 - Jul 31 by Chesham_Saint

I think Nick ought to set out a list of current members (those still here) and those that have left..

Some of the skates who’ve been on here down the years have been quite fun and it would be interesting to recall them...

Maybe a blanket email saying we haven't seen you for a while like all the cr@p emails we allget trying to entice us back to buy from a supplier we used once 6 years ago

Not sure what incentives to use though .......
Next Week on 18:28 - Jul 31 with 351 views1teeminants

Next Week on 16:42 - Jul 31 by saint22

Elvis Pompey was the funniest ever poster on here, brilliant . Would love to know what happened to him .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024