Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News 10:10 - Aug 7 with 1551 viewsSaintsNews

*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News 7th Aug 2020 10:05
If you are feeling bored with not a lot happening on the transfer front then fear ye not, this article will bring you more details hot off the press about Spurs fans wetting themselves about the skills of Pierre Emile Hojbjerg and Daniel Levy's negotiating skills. 18

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 09:20 - Aug 8 with 1203 viewsRon11

Comments on this article noting that he is 'an OK player'.
In the last couple of seasons, I have never seen so many passes go straight to the opposition - from Hoijbjerg.
As soon as he was relieved of the captains role and then removed from the side Saints have looked a vastly improved team.
It's always amazed me that he sometimes seemed to be preferred over the likes of Stuart Armstrong and Oriel Romeu...was Ralph being told to play him ?
*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 10:53 - Aug 8 with 1141 viewsSadoldgit

Does Ralph strike you as a person who would stay at a club where he doesn’t have the final say on the team he sends out?
*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 11:15 - Aug 8 with 1121 viewsRon11

*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 10:53 - Aug 8 by Sadoldgit

Does Ralph strike you as a person who would stay at a club where he doesn’t have the final say on the team he sends out?

He strikes me as someone who would have had to eat a bit of humble pie after a 0-9 defeat. Not many mangers would keep their job after that embarrassment.
*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 11:56 - Aug 8 with 1084 viewsSadoldgit

*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 11:15 - Aug 8 by Ron11

He strikes me as someone who would have had to eat a bit of humble pie after a 0-9 defeat. Not many mangers would keep their job after that embarrassment.

If it was the case that the board lost faith in him, why not sack him. It seems to me that they decided to back him 100% by not sacking him and giving him a new contract. Why do that if you don’t trust his selection of players?

Also if he was instructed to play Hoj in every game, why did he stop when he was fit again after injury?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 13:43]
*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 13:33 - Aug 8 with 1013 viewsMytchettSaint

*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 09:20 - Aug 8 by Ron11

Comments on this article noting that he is 'an OK player'.
In the last couple of seasons, I have never seen so many passes go straight to the opposition - from Hoijbjerg.
As soon as he was relieved of the captains role and then removed from the side Saints have looked a vastly improved team.
It's always amazed me that he sometimes seemed to be preferred over the likes of Stuart Armstrong and Oriel Romeu...was Ralph being told to play him ?

Armstrong and Romeu have looked the better players since the restart. I’m not sure if that was the case going into the lockdown break.

I think the thing with PEH is he promised a bit more than he delivered over the course of his time with us. His passing and shooting would sometimes be astray but there were times when he actually drove us on in games we weren’t doing particularly well in, he wasn’t one of the many players who went missing most of the time our backs were against the wall. For that quality I can’t fault him.

I am surprised he was Spurs No 1 target, that doesn’t mean to be disrespectful to PEH or to Spurs but merely the ambivalence I felt when he said he wanted to move on a while back. We’ve looked a better team without him in since the restart and I honestly think £15M was the sort of price we should have bitten their hand off for given the lack of time left on his contract and his ability level for us. what complicated it was Everton being prepared to offer £25M. Who knows how football teams arrive at these transfer figures, if we’ve got more then great. He may we’ll go on to improve to the next level playing for spurs, I’ve no doubt he’ll play blinders in their games against us next season when the idiots start baiting him though (‘‘tis the saints fans lot in life for this to happen).

I’m no where near as sorry to be seeing him leave compared to when Schneiderlin or Wanyama left us when all’s said and done.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 15:38 - Aug 8 with 953 viewsRon11

*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 11:56 - Aug 8 by Sadoldgit

If it was the case that the board lost faith in him, why not sack him. It seems to me that they decided to back him 100% by not sacking him and giving him a new contract. Why do that if you don’t trust his selection of players?

Also if he was instructed to play Hoj in every game, why did he stop when he was fit again after injury?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 13:43]

Who said that the board lost faith in him? I didn't.
They gave him a new contract when things were turned around. It would have looked a bit strange to offer him a new contract after a 0-9 home defeat.
Your second question is a quagmire of contradictions suggesting to me that you're the type of person who would start an argument in an empty lift.
*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 16:24 - Aug 8 with 935 viewsSadoldgit

*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 15:38 - Aug 8 by Ron11

Who said that the board lost faith in him? I didn't.
They gave him a new contract when things were turned around. It would have looked a bit strange to offer him a new contract after a 0-9 home defeat.
Your second question is a quagmire of contradictions suggesting to me that you're the type of person who would start an argument in an empty lift.

I’m sorry if I upset you. It’s just that these crazy conspiracy theories without a shred of evidence go on and on and are never substantiated. If you have hard evidence that Ralph was forced to play Hoj whether he wanted to or not, I will of course bow to your superior knowledge.

As for your comment about starting an argument in an empty lift, a sure way of starting an argument is to spread nonsense on an Internet forum and not expect someone to disagree with you.
*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 23:52 - Aug 8 with 852 viewsRon11

*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 16:24 - Aug 8 by Sadoldgit

I’m sorry if I upset you. It’s just that these crazy conspiracy theories without a shred of evidence go on and on and are never substantiated. If you have hard evidence that Ralph was forced to play Hoj whether he wanted to or not, I will of course bow to your superior knowledge.

As for your comment about starting an argument in an empty lift, a sure way of starting an argument is to spread nonsense on an Internet forum and not expect someone to disagree with you.

I rest my case.

How is asking 'was Ralph told to play him' spreading nonsense on an Internet forum?
It was a simple question, not a suggestion or an attempt to 'spread' anything.

Unfortunately you have that 'smear by default' mentality so rife within your beloved Corbynista group.
Login to get fewer ads

*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 00:36 - Aug 9 with 841 viewsPatfromPoole

*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 13:33 - Aug 8 by MytchettSaint

Armstrong and Romeu have looked the better players since the restart. I’m not sure if that was the case going into the lockdown break.

I think the thing with PEH is he promised a bit more than he delivered over the course of his time with us. His passing and shooting would sometimes be astray but there were times when he actually drove us on in games we weren’t doing particularly well in, he wasn’t one of the many players who went missing most of the time our backs were against the wall. For that quality I can’t fault him.

I am surprised he was Spurs No 1 target, that doesn’t mean to be disrespectful to PEH or to Spurs but merely the ambivalence I felt when he said he wanted to move on a while back. We’ve looked a better team without him in since the restart and I honestly think £15M was the sort of price we should have bitten their hand off for given the lack of time left on his contract and his ability level for us. what complicated it was Everton being prepared to offer £25M. Who knows how football teams arrive at these transfer figures, if we’ve got more then great. He may we’ll go on to improve to the next level playing for spurs, I’ve no doubt he’ll play blinders in their games against us next season when the idiots start baiting him though (‘‘tis the saints fans lot in life for this to happen).

I’m no where near as sorry to be seeing him leave compared to when Schneiderlin or Wanyama left us when all’s said and done.

Have to agree with an awful lot of that.

What a waste of Schneiderlin’s career. He was a Rolls Royce of a midfielder for us in the Prem.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 09:51 - Aug 9 with 729 viewsSadoldgit

*Stop Press* Breaking News About More Hojbjerg Breaking News on 23:52 - Aug 8 by Ron11

I rest my case.

How is asking 'was Ralph told to play him' spreading nonsense on an Internet forum?
It was a simple question, not a suggestion or an attempt to 'spread' anything.

Unfortunately you have that 'smear by default' mentality so rife within your beloved Corbynista group.

Well done for turning this into a political argument. So typical of the right 😉

Don’t you understand just by “asking the question” you are suggesting that it is a real possibility despite you having zero evidence. It never crossed my mind once that our manager had been told to play him. No one else mentioned it. I suspect most people didn’t mentioned it or suggest because it is nonsense.

Answer me this please. Why would a business executive at Southampton FC tell a highly qualified and very well paid football manager/coach who to pick?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 13:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024