Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two years ago on this day 11:11 - Aug 9 with 920 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints signed Danny Ings.

Do we have to give the much-maligned Les Reed a bit of credit on this one?

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Two years ago on this day on 11:44 - Aug 9 with 899 viewsTripleNiemi

Well he left in November 2018 didnt he so i would say he no doubt had some input. That said, whilst giving him credit for Ings he also gets the credit for Lemina et al.

Personally i couldn't stand the bloke but true reflection and praise is required if people are going to also slate him. Can't have it both ways, he either signed Lemina and it was all his fault, therefore he signed Ings which deserves credit.

Time to move on anyway Pat, my view remains that hd was very lucky to be in such a position of power. Well suited to the FA that's for sure.

I am just glad we now have a manager that can take us places and i don't think Reed gets the credit for that.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Two years ago on this day on 11:54 - Aug 9 with 889 viewsPatfromPoole

Two years ago on this day on 11:44 - Aug 9 by TripleNiemi

Well he left in November 2018 didnt he so i would say he no doubt had some input. That said, whilst giving him credit for Ings he also gets the credit for Lemina et al.

Personally i couldn't stand the bloke but true reflection and praise is required if people are going to also slate him. Can't have it both ways, he either signed Lemina and it was all his fault, therefore he signed Ings which deserves credit.

Time to move on anyway Pat, my view remains that hd was very lucky to be in such a position of power. Well suited to the FA that's for sure.

I am just glad we now have a manager that can take us places and i don't think Reed gets the credit for that.

We sold van Dick and Tadic for £85 million that year, and spend that and indeed a bit more on (in ascending order of crapness....)

Ings
Armstrong
Carillo
Vestergaard
Elyounouseless

With Hoedt having been bought prior to the sale of van Dick.

Quite a mixed year, for Les, that one...... Two great buys and four horrors.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Two years ago on this day on 12:16 - Aug 9 with 862 viewsTripleNiemi

Two years ago on this day on 11:54 - Aug 9 by PatfromPoole

We sold van Dick and Tadic for £85 million that year, and spend that and indeed a bit more on (in ascending order of crapness....)

Ings
Armstrong
Carillo
Vestergaard
Elyounouseless

It certainly was a mixed year that's for sure. I don't think anyone can argue that he left us with a whole raft of overpaid players and that is why we are extremely lucky to have the manager we do, and to still be punching above our weight in the PL.

Sadly some of our fans cannot do simple maths (i.e wages to sky earnings ratios) or appreciate the legacy we are still trying get get rid of.

I reckon if we can get shot of possibly one or two of the high earners this year then the future is bright. Until then we are still playing a bit of a survival game with Ralph's hands tied behind his back a little.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 12:18]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Two years ago on this day on 14:11 - Aug 9 with 783 viewsSadoldgit

Some excellent signing and some poor signings. Unless you pay huge amounts of money you can’t be sure that every signing will pay off. Even then you could by a dud. Look sat Pogba for example. Still, Reed is long gone. Let’s enjoy what lays ahead.
Two years ago on this day on 14:21 - Aug 9 with 773 viewsKennington

The problem with Reed is he had the unsavoury task of making money for Kat. So in that respect it was in the main a job well done. He did it though in what appeared to be quite a devious way, at least that’s if you believe Fonte’s account of how he left.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Two years ago on this day on 15:49 - Aug 9 with 720 viewscocklebreath

Two years ago on this day on 11:54 - Aug 9 by PatfromPoole

Ings
Armstrong
Carillo
Vestergaard
Elyounouseless

Carrillo needs to be bottom of that list 100%

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Two years ago on this day on 16:48 - Aug 9 with 692 viewsChesham_Saint

Two years ago on this day on 15:49 - Aug 9 by cocklebreath

Carrillo needs to be bottom of that list 100%

Good point!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Two years ago on this day on 07:53 - Aug 11 with 423 viewskernow

Two years ago on this day on 16:48 - Aug 9 by Chesham_Saint

Good point!

Danny Ings and Stewart Armstrong are both excellent signings.
The rest are failures, the players themselves and those who recruited them. Although their hubris would exclude any admission of that .
Credit to the club for replacing the comfort zone residents.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024