Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Current Covid Stats 16:47 - Aug 10 with 9743 viewsBoris_

There is currently 11 people in the whole of Southampton area in hospital with Covid, 2 in the Portsmouth NHS Trust and 2 in Winchester and Basingstoke hospitals.

No ICU patients in Winchester or Basingstoke hospitals.
No ICU patients in Portsmouth,
5 ICU covid patients in Southampton.

So across the whole of Hampshire, there is FIVE people severely ill with Covid ( none of them admitted in the last 2 weeks... they have been there a while )

There has been ONE Covid admission in to a Hampshire hospital since June.

Why don't the local press want to share the good news, instead of trying to make people feel guilty for going to the beach etc, where it clearly is perfectly safe to do so?

These stats are fantastic news. No doubt that the usual suspects on here will be quick to jump on and paint more doom and gloom.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 18:41]

Poll: Claude Puel

Current Covid Stats on 21:02 - Aug 10 with 1196 viewsgrumpy

' trying to make people feel guilty for going to the beach etc, where it clearly is perfectly safe to do so?'

So what's all this social distancing then?
Current Covid Stats on 21:09 - Aug 10 with 1187 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 21:02 - Aug 10 by grumpy

' trying to make people feel guilty for going to the beach etc, where it clearly is perfectly safe to do so?'

So what's all this social distancing then?

Clearly people are doing what is required, aren't they?

It's great news that lockdown has been eased and we're able to enjoy the summer without risking the mythical 'second wave' that the press and government keep ramming down our throats.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 21:15]

Current Covid Stats on 21:18 - Aug 10 with 1176 viewsgrumpy

Current Covid Stats on 21:09 - Aug 10 by Boris_

It's great news that lockdown has been eased and we're able to enjoy the summer without risking the mythical 'second wave' that the press and government keep ramming down our throats.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 21:15]

Try tell that to the 800 new cases today.
Current Covid Stats on 21:23 - Aug 10 with 1172 viewsBison

People have become so polarised around the government that they either want the government to fail so can't stand positive news as they think the government might get the credit and they would hate that so they are subconsciously not willing to accept good news. Whilst on the hand pro government find it hard to say anything has gone wrong in case that's seen as critism towards the government.

If we could separate good and bad news and not make it based on a political viewpoint then the latest figures for our area are very good , it was not that long ago over a thousand a day were dieing , those days are long behind us at the moment but no doubt the responses to the figures will still show which political leaning the poster will have.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Current Covid Stats on 21:25 - Aug 10 with 1165 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 21:18 - Aug 10 by grumpy

Try tell that to the 800 new cases today.

I am talking about our local area.

Why are you so obsessed at finding bad news stories? Aren't you happy that the virus is under control in our area?

On a national level 800 cases a day out of 60 million people is 0.0013% of the population per day.

Current Covid Stats on 21:29 - Aug 10 with 1158 viewsgrumpy

Current Covid Stats on 21:25 - Aug 10 by Boris_

I am talking about our local area.

Why are you so obsessed at finding bad news stories? Aren't you happy that the virus is under control in our area?

On a national level 800 cases a day out of 60 million people is 0.0013% of the population per day.

'obsessed at finding bad news stories?'

No,just responding to your 'everything is ok thread.

For example,do you think all those people crammed on to Bournemouth beach came from this area?
Current Covid Stats on 21:29 - Aug 10 with 1157 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 21:23 - Aug 10 by Bison

People have become so polarised around the government that they either want the government to fail so can't stand positive news as they think the government might get the credit and they would hate that so they are subconsciously not willing to accept good news. Whilst on the hand pro government find it hard to say anything has gone wrong in case that's seen as critism towards the government.

If we could separate good and bad news and not make it based on a political viewpoint then the latest figures for our area are very good , it was not that long ago over a thousand a day were dieing , those days are long behind us at the moment but no doubt the responses to the figures will still show which political leaning the poster will have.

I am clearly not on the same political side as Soppy, Ian, Grumps and 22 but this thread is actually me criticising the government. Communication throughout has mainly been a shambles.

In some instances I've understood why they have been deliberately vague but we're at a point now where they should be being transparent and showing people there is light at the end of the tunnel and all the sacrifices everyone are making are not in vain.

They should also be stopping the press from banging on about people at the beach when it is clearly not somewhere that the virus is transmitting. Meridians main headline tonight 'crowds flock to beaches and don't social distance' - it's getting f*cking tedious now.

Current Covid Stats on 21:32 - Aug 10 with 1145 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 21:29 - Aug 10 by grumpy

'obsessed at finding bad news stories?'

No,just responding to your 'everything is ok thread.

For example,do you think all those people crammed on to Bournemouth beach came from this area?

Did I say everything is ok? I said there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I also said that the virus is under control in our area. It is. Unless you want to provide proof otherwise?

Deaths from Covid in England are now in single figures most days. At the peak more than 1000 people a day were losing their life.

If you don't want to see the light at the end of the tunnel because you want to continue bashing the government and pushing your political agenda, it says more about you than it does about me, pal.

Login to get fewer ads

Current Covid Stats on 21:39 - Aug 10 with 1133 viewsgrumpy

Current Covid Stats on 21:32 - Aug 10 by Boris_

Did I say everything is ok? I said there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I also said that the virus is under control in our area. It is. Unless you want to provide proof otherwise?

Deaths from Covid in England are now in single figures most days. At the peak more than 1000 people a day were losing their life.

If you don't want to see the light at the end of the tunnel because you want to continue bashing the government and pushing your political agenda, it says more about you than it does about me, pal.

Is that a light at the end of the tunnel or is it a train,Pal?
Current Covid Stats on 21:44 - Aug 10 with 1126 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 21:39 - Aug 10 by grumpy

Is that a light at the end of the tunnel or is it a train,Pal?

Like I said, the fact you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel says more about you than it does me.

Why are you so keen for things to be worse than they are? That's a pretty sick ( and not in the cool way ) agenda mush.

Current Covid Stats on 21:49 - Aug 10 with 1118 viewsgrumpy

Current Covid Stats on 21:44 - Aug 10 by Boris_

Like I said, the fact you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel says more about you than it does me.

Why are you so keen for things to be worse than they are? That's a pretty sick ( and not in the cool way ) agenda mush.

No agenda,just looking at the overall picture,mush.
Current Covid Stats on 21:54 - Aug 10 with 1109 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 21:49 - Aug 10 by grumpy

No agenda,just looking at the overall picture,mush.

Did you write this Echo article where the headline is all about a SPIKE!!!

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/18606501.hampshire-sees-spike-new-coronavirus-c

Instead of 7 cases in a week being reported in Southampton, 12 were that week.... and the Daily Echo then see fit to click-bait the pandemic and spread fear. Do you think that's right?

Current Covid Stats on 22:03 - Aug 10 with 1104 viewsgrumpy

Current Covid Stats on 21:54 - Aug 10 by Boris_

Did you write this Echo article where the headline is all about a SPIKE!!!

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/18606501.hampshire-sees-spike-new-coronavirus-c

Instead of 7 cases in a week being reported in Southampton, 12 were that week.... and the Daily Echo then see fit to click-bait the pandemic and spread fear. Do you think that's right?

That list was based on Public Heath England updated on 24th July on the governments coronavirus on line dashboard.
Current Covid Stats on 22:09 - Aug 10 with 1097 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 22:03 - Aug 10 by grumpy

That list was based on Public Heath England updated on 24th July on the governments coronavirus on line dashboard.

Do you think 5 extra people in the whole of Southampton testing positive for Coronavirus ( equivalent to one household ) equates to a 'spike' and should be reported as such?

Or do you think perhaps the responsible way to report it would be 'Covid-19 cases in Southampton continue to overall be incredibly low, however there was a slight rise equivalent to 5 more cases reported last week'

Notice the last region on their circulation they mentioned was Eastleigh, because they had the rather upsetting statistic of their infection rate halving.

Current Covid Stats on 22:19 - Aug 10 with 1081 viewsKennington

Current Covid Stats on 22:09 - Aug 10 by Boris_

Do you think 5 extra people in the whole of Southampton testing positive for Coronavirus ( equivalent to one household ) equates to a 'spike' and should be reported as such?

Or do you think perhaps the responsible way to report it would be 'Covid-19 cases in Southampton continue to overall be incredibly low, however there was a slight rise equivalent to 5 more cases reported last week'

Notice the last region on their circulation they mentioned was Eastleigh, because they had the rather upsetting statistic of their infection rate halving.

Actually agree with you here. It’s happening all the time across the media with sensationalist headlines like cases going up 150% in some area or other when that’s just a few cases. It goes the other way too with ridiculous headlines a few weeks ago about the public being able to do whatever they want, and Boris declaring the summer has begun etc. Then the same papers two weeks later moan that beaches are packed.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Current Covid Stats on 22:26 - Aug 10 with 1069 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 22:19 - Aug 10 by Kennington

Actually agree with you here. It’s happening all the time across the media with sensationalist headlines like cases going up 150% in some area or other when that’s just a few cases. It goes the other way too with ridiculous headlines a few weeks ago about the public being able to do whatever they want, and Boris declaring the summer has begun etc. Then the same papers two weeks later moan that beaches are packed.

The governments communication on good news has been f*cking abysmal. People need to be able to see light at the end of the tunnel and see that their sacrifices are paying off and all of the 'second wave' propaganda doesn't help.

Current Covid Stats on 06:32 - Aug 11 with 993 viewsSalisburySaint

Although local current local figures are encouraging, the trend countrywide unfortunately is a slow rise in cases in recent weeks, which will in the next few weeks result unfortunately The number of deaths rising too

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

It’s certainly not the time to celebrate or relax
Current Covid Stats on 07:26 - Aug 11 with 973 viewskernow

Current Covid Stats on 06:32 - Aug 11 by SalisburySaint

Although local current local figures are encouraging, the trend countrywide unfortunately is a slow rise in cases in recent weeks, which will in the next few weeks result unfortunately The number of deaths rising too

Do I want to go out and mix with crowds of people?
Do I feel safe to do so?
No I do not!
Current Covid Stats on 07:36 - Aug 11 with 967 viewsDellHero

Boris is mostly correct I believe. Through the whole C19 period there has been a lack of factual reporting where numbers have been challenged and explored for what they really are. The journalists have only wanted hype because it’s what they are used to broadcasting.
Yesterday’s ST - Luke Johnson - tucked away in the biz section mentioned a fact:
In England, only 37 people under the age of 40 have died from C19 In hospital with no other co-morbidities.

Not 37,000..........just 37.

The average age of victims is 79. A lot of the poor souls who’ve died were vulnerable for some other reason. Flu and other virus / disease always carry away the weak. You can’t save everyone for ever. But there are over 8,000,000,000 of us and C19 isn’t even making a tiny dent.

BUT WE HAVE KILLED THE ECONOMY AND CAUSED HARDSHIP FOR YEARS TO COME.

Never mind the missed illness and suicides that will follow.

And the mask nazis have got something to weaponise against anyone who has done their research and realised it is all out of proportion. In Southampton yesterday (on the street) someone tutted at me when passing them. I said “what’s up mate?” The reply “put a mask on”. I let it go but had to resist the temptation......

Do the research on the effectiveness of masks. They’re a joke unless they are military and medical grade items.

Some C19 stats for perspective:
735,000 C19 deaths globally out of ~8,000,000,000 population
UNICEF say 353,000 babies are born each day.
Maybe Mother Nature will do something worse next time.

These threads are full of small thinkers and people with petty grudges and arguments. A minor bug like C19 is not worthy of the the way the planet has been shut down and the harm that has been caused. Even if the death rate had been 10 times higher, so what? If it had been 100 times higher, so what? 70 million is less than 1% of the global population and birth rate will recover that number in, what, less than a year.....

Meanwhile, another 75,000 smokers will die this year in England and Wales (PHE stat). Anyone care about these folk? Why is a fat bloke in his 60s who has eaten himself into corpulent obesity and dying from C19 worth more than a smoker who has harmed himself through an addiction (that the government happily allows).

Lastly (almost!), any guesses on when the mask/distance stuff will be phased out? Or are there those who secretly hope it remains for good? And why? Because I sort of get the feeling that some will look to maintain the situation for a long time yet. The revellers. You know the ones I’m talking about. They like an issue. Maybe when the furlough dosh finally stops and the government borrowing cant increase any more and businesses are going under next year and the unemployment rate is rocketing they’ll think again.

For anyone still reading, when will COVID-19 re-assessment cause it to be renamed COVID-18....? As my research leads me to suspect it is at least that old. There are good sources of info out there, but avoid any of the conspiracy or politically motivated stuff.

Ok. Who’s first ?
Current Covid Stats on 07:54 - Aug 11 with 950 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 06:32 - Aug 11 by SalisburySaint

The slow rise is cases is down to local outbreaks and increased and targeted testing. There has not been a rise of the virus in the community.

The rate of infection around the country at the moment is around 2 people to every 100,000 people. That means that when you wake up this morning, you have a 1 in 50,000 chance of getting Covid today. They are pretty good odds, yes?

[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 8:19]

Current Covid Stats on 08:15 - Aug 11 with 929 viewsDorsetIan

Current Covid Stats on 07:36 - Aug 11 by DellHero

Boris is mostly correct I believe. Through the whole C19 period there has been a lack of factual reporting where numbers have been challenged and explored for what they really are. The journalists have only wanted hype because it’s what they are used to broadcasting.
Yesterday’s ST - Luke Johnson - tucked away in the biz section mentioned a fact:
In England, only 37 people under the age of 40 have died from C19 In hospital with no other co-morbidities.

Not 37,000..........just 37.

The average age of victims is 79. A lot of the poor souls who’ve died were vulnerable for some other reason. Flu and other virus / disease always carry away the weak. You can’t save everyone for ever. But there are over 8,000,000,000 of us and C19 isn’t even making a tiny dent.

BUT WE HAVE KILLED THE ECONOMY AND CAUSED HARDSHIP FOR YEARS TO COME.

Never mind the missed illness and suicides that will follow.

And the mask nazis have got something to weaponise against anyone who has done their research and realised it is all out of proportion. In Southampton yesterday (on the street) someone tutted at me when passing them. I said “what’s up mate?” The reply “put a mask on”. I let it go but had to resist the temptation......

Do the research on the effectiveness of masks. They’re a joke unless they are military and medical grade items.

Some C19 stats for perspective:
735,000 C19 deaths globally out of ~8,000,000,000 population
UNICEF say 353,000 babies are born each day.
Maybe Mother Nature will do something worse next time.

These threads are full of small thinkers and people with petty grudges and arguments. A minor bug like C19 is not worthy of the the way the planet has been shut down and the harm that has been caused. Even if the death rate had been 10 times higher, so what? If it had been 100 times higher, so what? 70 million is less than 1% of the global population and birth rate will recover that number in, what, less than a year.....

Meanwhile, another 75,000 smokers will die this year in England and Wales (PHE stat). Anyone care about these folk? Why is a fat bloke in his 60s who has eaten himself into corpulent obesity and dying from C19 worth more than a smoker who has harmed himself through an addiction (that the government happily allows).

Lastly (almost!), any guesses on when the mask/distance stuff will be phased out? Or are there those who secretly hope it remains for good? And why? Because I sort of get the feeling that some will look to maintain the situation for a long time yet. The revellers. You know the ones I’m talking about. They like an issue. Maybe when the furlough dosh finally stops and the government borrowing cant increase any more and businesses are going under next year and the unemployment rate is rocketing they’ll think again.

For anyone still reading, when will COVID-19 re-assessment cause it to be renamed COVID-18....? As my research leads me to suspect it is at least that old. There are good sources of info out there, but avoid any of the conspiracy or politically motivated stuff.

Ok. Who’s first ?

There’s nothing wrong with a bit of scepticism, which is what you demonstrate, but most of us don’t want the sort of free market in death that you seem to advocate.

I am happy that in this and most countries we have tried to keep the numbers of cases and deaths to a minimum - not least because, unless you also advocate the denial of treatment above a certain age, every critical case demands considerable (limited) NHS resource.

I have gone through the whole of lockdown shopping without a mask, so I find it odd that i now have to put one on. Otherwise, however, I can now do most things that I used to do, so putting on a mask is a small inconvenience.

The UK got much wrong at the beginning but now we are coming out of lockdown in what seems to me a measured, cautious but, so far, successful way. It’s all going to be a very inexact balancing act for a while, but so far so good.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Current Covid Stats on 08:21 - Aug 11 with 925 viewsSalisburySaint

Current Covid Stats on 07:54 - Aug 11 by Boris_

The slow rise is cases is down to local outbreaks and increased and targeted testing. There has not been a rise of the virus in the community.

The rate of infection around the country at the moment is around 2 people to every 100,000 people. That means that when you wake up this morning, you have a 1 in 50,000 chance of getting Covid today. They are pretty good odds, yes?

[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 8:19]

you can bury your head in the sand if you want to but the information is there in the article cases UK wise are on the rise, all be it slowly

if you think this is all over your sadly mistaken, the slow rise needs to be controlled, which is what government is trying to do with the local lockdowns

but it does seem crazy that pubs are still allowed to open in lockdown areas resulting in incidents like the one in Greater Manchester

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-53721267
[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 9:15]
Current Covid Stats on 08:24 - Aug 11 with 923 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 07:26 - Aug 11 by kernow

Do I want to go out and mix with crowds of people?
Do I feel safe to do so?
No I do not!

Guess what Kernow? You can choose not to.

52 people in 100,000 people will be killed or seriously injured in a Road Traffic Accident this year in Southampton.

You appear to be more concerned at the 1.8 in 100,000 chance of catching Covid?

Are you genuinely fearful of Covid or is your political persuasion stopping you from seeing light at the end of the tunnel and looking at any positives?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 8:30]

Current Covid Stats on 08:30 - Aug 11 with 919 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 08:21 - Aug 11 by SalisburySaint

you can bury your head in the sand if you want to but the information is there in the article cases UK wise are on the rise, all be it slowly

if you think this is all over your sadly mistaken, the slow rise needs to be controlled, which is what government is trying to do with the local lockdowns

but it does seem crazy that pubs are still allowed to open in lockdown areas resulting in incidents like the one in Greater Manchester

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-53721267
[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 9:15]

Why do you keep posting articles of isolated incidents around the country which has a population of around 60 million people?

When have I said that the virus doesn't need to be controlled? Go and find a single time on this thread ( or any other ) that suggests that is the case? I think you're another one where your political persuasion is clouding your common sense.

So to clarify again... there is very little Covid transmitting in Hampshire. In Test Valley for example there was 3 cases in the entire region last week! This suggests that people are following the guidelines and it's working, wouldn't you say?

Current Covid Stats on 08:31 - Aug 11 with 917 viewsDellHero

Current Covid Stats on 08:24 - Aug 11 by Boris_

Guess what Kernow? You can choose not to.

52 people in 100,000 people will be killed or seriously injured in a Road Traffic Accident this year in Southampton.

You appear to be more concerned at the 1.8 in 100,000 chance of catching Covid?

Are you genuinely fearful of Covid or is your political persuasion stopping you from seeing light at the end of the tunnel and looking at any positives?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 8:30]

Just my point Boris. Some people are enjoying this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024