Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its Official ! 18:22 - Aug 11 with 1421 viewsbattler

On the OS

Walker Peters has joined on a 5 year deal - no fee mentioned.
Hojberg has joined Spurs for a "significant fee" Depending on what media outlet you believe the fee is anything between £15 - £20 mill plus add ons.
Its Official ! on 18:27 - Aug 11 with 1410 viewsSaintsforeverj

Great. We get a great young right back and about 3 million plus. They get an arrogant sideways passer, who doesn't want to be here. The alternative was losing Walker-Peters and Hojbjerg going for free after a few months of trouble making. Common sense prevails. Well done Saints.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 18:29]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Its Official ! on 18:30 - Aug 11 with 1406 viewscocklebreath

Its Official ! on 18:27 - Aug 11 by Saintsforeverj

Great. We get a great young right back and about 3 million plus. They get an arrogant sideways passer, who doesn't want to be here. The alternative was losing Walker-Peters and Hojbjerg going for free after a few months of trouble making. Common sense prevails. Well done Saints.

Yep all good, now sell Reed even though I like him and spend 10-15 million on a replacement for donkey (that’s what me and the nipper call hojlberg)
Think we’ll have a top 10 squad

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Its Official ! on 18:38 - Aug 11 with 1371 views1885_SFC

Sounds like all round good business to me.

If we can just ship out a couple of those expensive flops that still clog up the wage bill, and add one or two more in their places, I'd be even happier.

Hopefully Djenepo will come good this season & knuckle down under the Ralph way of doing things.

Old School is Cool

Its Official ! on 18:43 - Aug 11 with 1356 viewsgrumpy

Magnificent bit of business by Saints.
Spurs
Its Official ! on 18:51 - Aug 11 with 1326 viewsSaintsforeverj

Its Official ! on 18:43 - Aug 11 by grumpy

Magnificent bit of business by Saints.
Spurs

One thing I learnt, when VD demanded a move, is that the club are stuck, especially when a player is in the last year of contract and they insist on going to a particular club. Glad to be rid of a trouble maker and new young player, who impressed comes in. I honestly think Saints will have the last laugh. Walker-Peters value will increase, Hodjberg will disappear into the reserves like Morgan S. But let's see.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 18:53]

Its Official ! on 19:05 - Aug 11 with 1288 viewssaint22

Good news indeed
Now where are those CBs?
Its Official ! on 20:13 - Aug 11 with 1179 views1ASIN12

Its Official ! on 18:27 - Aug 11 by Saintsforeverj

I thought Hojbjerg was very professional once he lost the captaincy - he didnt seem a trouble maker.

I do agree he does think hes better then he thinks and he never shone in his time here unlike Morgan Schneiderlin who did, and did so in arguably an even better team then we have now and never really made it at Manchester United.

Like you say it is a great deal for Saints
Its Official ! on 20:55 - Aug 11 with 1115 viewsSaintsforeverj

Its Official ! on 20:13 - Aug 11 by 1ASIN12

I thought Hojbjerg was very professional once he lost the captaincy - he didnt seem a trouble maker.

I do agree he does think hes better then he thinks and he never shone in his time here unlike Morgan Schneiderlin who did, and did so in arguably an even better team then we have now and never really made it at Manchester United.

Like you say it is a great deal for Saints

Hojbjerg played badly in the few games since lockdown. He was dropped from the squad in the final game, because his head was elsewhere. He said he wants to play champions league football and then demanded a move to Spurs. He refused to go to Everton. All of that is far from professional imo. How professional would he have been, if we refused to sell him to Spurs because they wouldn't pay his worth?

The fact we sold him cheap, proves how insistent Hojbjerg was to get what he wanted and Saints didn't have any choice. They got the best price they could. But I'm glad he has gone.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 21:07]

Login to get fewer ads

Its Official ! on 21:37 - Aug 11 with 1063 viewskernow

No interest in Hojbjerg.

Welcome to Saints Kyle Walker-Peters.
Its Official ! on 21:38 - Aug 11 with 1063 viewsPatfromPoole

Great signing.

The way we play means that we really need pacey full-backs who can get up and down the pitch. He really fits the bill.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Its Official ! on 22:26 - Aug 11 with 1005 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Great business, happy with that!

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Its Official ! on 22:28 - Aug 11 with 1001 viewsSaintsforeverj

Its Official ! on 21:38 - Aug 11 by PatfromPoole

Great signing.

The way we play means that we really need pacey full-backs who can get up and down the pitch. He really fits the bill.

Absolutely. Walker-Peters to me looks like he could become an outstanding player. He seems intelligent too and makes the right moves and passes. Delighted he has signed long term. Finally we may have solved our right back position.

Its Official ! on 06:22 - Aug 12 with 932 viewsareasix

Hojberg has joined for 18.5 plus add ons up to 1.5m to make a nice round £20m in tranche payments so we don’t get all the money straight away and then seperate the deal for Walkers Peter is £12m with up to £3m add ons , international appearances etc. We will see a £5m net return between the two if everything works out right which I guess is about right although if he had gone to Everton we might have come out £10m better but Levy might not of sold Walker Peters to us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024