Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kamil Joswiak 19:04 - Aug 12 with 2271 viewsSadoldgit

I think I have spelt that right? Fast winger. Plays in Poland. Apparently we are sniffing around him for about £3m. Anyone know anything about him?

Oops! Jozwiak.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2020 14:30]
Kamil Joswiak on 20:34 - Aug 12 with 2197 viewskingslandstand1

8 goals, 4 assists and 6 bookings in 36 games, so has a bit of fight in him! But our interest does seem rather vague as we have "sent a scout" to look

Reasonable video though

https://www.derbycounty.news/transfers/derby-county-reportedly-face-heavy-compet
Kamil Joswiak on 21:06 - Aug 12 with 2173 viewskingslandstand1

Kamil Joswiak on 22:36 - Aug 12 with 2071 viewsSalisburySaint

Kamil Joswiak on 21:06 - Aug 12 by kingslandstand1

Hope he’s a lot better than Kamil Kosowski one of Arry’s great signings
Kamil Joswiak on 22:37 - Aug 12 with 2068 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Well he's 22, seems pacy and a low risk Saints kind of signing. Might turn out to be a dud, but who knows. Would love it if the club could start unearthing some gems again.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Kamil Joswiak on 22:42 - Aug 12 with 2057 viewsPatfromPoole

Do we have many Polish fans who watch / support Saints, given the number of Poles who live in the area and the number of Polish players who have played for us in the last 15 years?

Genuinely intrigued.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Kamil Joswiak on 23:22 - Aug 12 with 2016 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Kamil Joswiak on 22:42 - Aug 12 by PatfromPoole

Do we have many Polish fans who watch / support Saints, given the number of Poles who live in the area and the number of Polish players who have played for us in the last 15 years?

Genuinely intrigued.

Boruc had a fanbase didn't he? 4 or 5 massive blokes - remember seeing them a couple of times but most notably at Old Trafford when Saints drew 1-1, there seemed to be loads of them, all huge.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Kamil Joswiak on 23:35 - Aug 12 with 1998 viewsdirk_doone

Genuinely intrigued.

I noticed them a lot more when we had Boruc, Rasiak and Saganowski in the team. 20% of Southampton's population is of Polish origin so there are a lot of Polish fans out there. Bednarek should still help them identify with the team.

I guess they have assimilated more now so they don't stand out so much from the rest of the crowd. But, I still hear Polish being spoken at St Mary's.

Southampton Polska:

https://www.facebook.com/SaintsFCPolska/?fref=profile_friend_list&hc_location=pr
[Post edited 12 Aug 2020 23:50]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Kamil Joswiak on 00:54 - Aug 13 with 1947 viewsthissceptredsaint

Kamil Joswiak on 23:35 - Aug 12 by dirk_doone

I noticed them a lot more when we had Boruc, Rasiak and Saganowski in the team. 20% of Southampton's population is of Polish origin so there are a lot of Polish fans out there. Bednarek should still help them identify with the team.

I guess they have assimilated more now so they don't stand out so much from the rest of the crowd. But, I still hear Polish being spoken at St Mary's.

Southampton Polska:

https://www.facebook.com/SaintsFCPolska/?fref=profile_friend_list&hc_location=pr
[Post edited 12 Aug 2020 23:50]

https://documents.hants.gov.uk/population/EthnicGroupprofileofHampshire2011Censu

3.2 percent of Southampton's population is Polish at last count not 20 percent
Login to get fewer ads

Kamil Joswiak on 06:21 - Aug 13 with 1894 viewsSalisburySaint

Kamil Joswiak on 00:54 - Aug 13 by thissceptredsaint

https://documents.hants.gov.uk/population/EthnicGroupprofileofHampshire2011Censu

3.2 percent of Southampton's population is Polish at last count not 20 percent

I think you’ll find that are also a significant number of people in Southampton and other areas of the south including Salisbury, who are of Polish ancestry, with a significant number coming here just before, during or after WW2
Kamil Joswiak on 07:33 - Aug 13 with 1839 viewssaintwizzler

Genuinely intrigued.

There’s quite a few Jam Rolls in Banbury chick x

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Kamil Joswiak on 08:00 - Aug 13 with 1817 viewsthissceptredsaint

Kamil Joswiak on 06:21 - Aug 13 by SalisburySaint

I think you’ll find that are also a significant number of people in Southampton and other areas of the south including Salisbury, who are of Polish ancestry, with a significant number coming here just before, during or after WW2

Not the same as being Polish though.

How many yanks are plastic paddies or 'scaddish'? Trumps mum or granny apparently was Scottish doesn't make him a jock.
Kamil Joswiak on 08:13 - Aug 13 with 1807 viewsSadoldgit

Boufal with end product?
Kamil Joswiak on 08:17 - Aug 13 with 1801 viewsPatfromPoole

Kamil Joswiak on 07:33 - Aug 13 by saintwizzler

And a Gary Glitter statue, yes?

Has your Banbury pub boules season re-started or is it not COVID-friendly?

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Kamil Joswiak on 08:57 - Aug 13 with 1769 viewsSaintNick

Kamil Joswiak on 07:33 - Aug 13 by saintwizzler

Cotswold Rhyming slang is a wonderful language, as invented by the musical duo wh live in the region Gaz & Dave ( Gary Glitter & David Cameron)

Yorks & Lancs = Yanks

Plant Pots = Scots

Ship Wrecks = Czechs

Starsky & Hutch = Dutch

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Kamil Joswiak on 10:19 - Aug 13 with 1712 viewsSalisburySaint

Kamil Joswiak on 08:00 - Aug 13 by thissceptredsaint

Not the same as being Polish though.

How many yanks are plastic paddies or 'scaddish'? Trumps mum or granny apparently was Scottish doesn't make him a jock.

Well a workmate, born in bred in Southampton of polish post war immigrants , calls himself polish and has properties in Poland, but official probably recorded as British
Kamil Joswiak on 12:08 - Aug 13 with 1643 viewsdirk_doone

Kamil Joswiak on 10:19 - Aug 13 by SalisburySaint

Well a workmate, born in bred in Southampton of polish post war immigrants , calls himself polish and has properties in Poland, but official probably recorded as British

Yes, only just over 10% born in Poland but around 20% of Polish origin, who will be counted in stats as British. In the 1970s, when I did various student vacation jobs in and around Southampton, I usually found myself working alongside people of Polish origin.

Personally, I think they are a welcome addition. They are generally among the most hardworking people in this country.

As for the results of a 10 year old 'ethnicity census' I'd take them with a pinch of salt as those who could even be bothered to fill in the form could write down whatever they liked and most would have felt it safer just to say they were British or tick the 'I'd rather not answer that question' box, which everyone is entitled to do and which most immigrants will choose to do as it seems like the most risk-free option.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2613565/Polish-invasion-thats-SAVED-hom
[Post edited 13 Aug 2020 12:33]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Kamil Joswiak on 14:44 - Aug 13 with 1527 viewsSadoldgit

Economic migration has been going on here forever and we are no worse off for it. We are,after all, a nation of mongrels.

My mum taught me a few words in Polish, sadly long forgotten. He sister married a Spitfire pilot (who sadly didn’t survive the war) and she got to know a few of the other pilots, some of whom were Polish. My mum was only a kid then and they used to make a fuss of her and her siblings. She always spoke fondly of the Poles. The Americans on the other hand..

I have an old workmate from The Guardian who married into a Polish family. There is a big community of them on the western edge of London. He always spoke very highly of his in-laws.
Kamil Joswiak on 15:43 - Aug 13 with 1486 viewssaintwizzler

Kamil Joswiak on 08:17 - Aug 13 by PatfromPoole

And a Gary Glitter statue, yes?

Has your Banbury pub boules season re-started or is it not COVID-friendly?

Season cancelled

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024