Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New vaccine by Christmas 17:05 - Sep 2 with 10802 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.euronews.com/amp/2020/07/21/coronavirus-vaccine

Hopefully full crowds by January, after immunisation. Hopefully all goes to plan.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 17:06]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

New vaccine by Christmas on 17:28 - Sep 2 with 4640 viewsdirk_doone

Very good news.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

New vaccine by Christmas on 17:34 - Sep 2 with 4624 viewsWaylander

Trouble is - its Matt Hancock saying this!
New vaccine by Christmas on 18:46 - Sep 2 with 4563 viewsCity_boy

Would you put your hand up to be first in the queue for the vaccine ?
New vaccine by Christmas on 18:50 - Sep 2 with 4508 viewsBoris_

New vaccine by Christmas on 18:46 - Sep 2 by City_boy

If it meant that I'd get a 'vaccine passport' and have all restrictions lifted, absolutely. In fact I'd pay for it privately just to ensure it.

I am not a huge fan of being vaccinated but I'm also not really buying in to conspiracy theories so might as well just get it done.

Poll: Claude Puel

New vaccine by Christmas on 18:58 - Sep 2 with 4552 viewssaint22

New vaccine by Christmas on 17:34 - Sep 2 by Waylander

Trouble is - its Matt Hancock saying this!

Peter Pandemic and his clown boss will be making another U turn on this in a week thats for sure
I can't see any real news site carrying that story?
New vaccine by Christmas on 19:03 - Sep 2 with 4547 viewsWaylander

Yes.
Having worked my whole career in pharma research it would be deeply hypocritical not to. Plus I am extra vulnerable so I don't want to catch this damn thing.
New vaccine by Christmas on 19:31 - Sep 2 with 4509 viewsBison

New vaccine by Christmas on 19:03 - Sep 2 by Waylander

Yes.
Having worked my whole career in pharma research it would be deeply hypocritical not to. Plus I am extra vulnerable so I don't want to catch this damn thing.

You must be in the know then Sir so may I ask what the situation would be if you have already had it ? My father tested positive for anti-bodies back in June and I think we all had back in January. I would assume they will want him for another ab test soon to see if he still has them but in your opinion would you need to take the vaccine if you have or had anti bodies ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

New vaccine by Christmas on 19:48 - Sep 2 with 4488 viewsfranniesTache

New vaccine by Christmas on 19:03 - Sep 2 by Waylander

Yes.

What's the opinion of the vaccines in pharma circles? Surely you must hear about the efficacy of them in daily chatter?
Login to get fewer ads

New vaccine by Christmas on 19:59 - Sep 2 with 4476 viewsKennington

The efficacy I think is there. It’s the effectiveness that is not yet known, hence the broadening of human trials.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

New vaccine by Christmas on 20:22 - Sep 2 with 4446 viewsSaintsforeverj

Yes. If we can get back to normal and back to football etc, I would have one. Highly unlikely to be unsafe.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 20:23]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

New vaccine by Christmas on 20:24 - Sep 2 with 4441 viewscocklebreath

New vaccine by Christmas on 18:50 - Sep 2 by Boris_

If it meant that I'd get a 'vaccine passport' and have all restrictions lifted, absolutely. In fact I'd pay for it privately just to ensure it.

I am not a huge fan of being vaccinated but I'm also not really buying in to conspiracy theories so might as well just get it done.

Why are you not a fan of being vaccinated?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

New vaccine by Christmas on 20:40 - Sep 2 with 4372 viewsBoris_

New vaccine by Christmas on 20:24 - Sep 2 by cocklebreath

Why are you not a fan of being vaccinated?

1) 9 months is not long enough to ensure that it's 100% safe. It's not risk free.

2) I am happy to catch the virus and get it out of my system the natural way ( I am pretty sure I've already had it anyway )

Don't brand me an anti-vaxxer though you cheeky little double denim scamp. I've said that whilst I am not overly comfortable with it, I'll be the first in the queue if they give immunity passports to people as soon as they are done.

New vaccine by Christmas on 20:44 - Sep 2 with 4410 viewscocklebreath

New vaccine by Christmas on 20:40 - Sep 2 by Boris_

1) 9 months is not long enough to ensure that it's 100% safe. It's not risk free.

2) I am happy to catch the virus and get it out of my system the natural way ( I am pretty sure I've already had it anyway )

Don't brand me an anti-vaxxer though you cheeky little double denim scamp. I've said that whilst I am not overly comfortable with it, I'll be the first in the queue if they give immunity passports to people as soon as they are done.

Fair enough Stueey. I’m also sure I’ve had it. Being so strong I brushed it aside with ease.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

New vaccine by Christmas on 21:01 - Sep 2 with 4377 viewsSadoldgit

I wouldn’t get too excited just yet as there have been a number of false dawns already. As for immunity, some people who have had it have been reinfected so again, don’t hold your breath. There is still a long way to go.
New vaccine by Christmas on 21:23 - Sep 2 with 4343 viewsWaylander

New vaccine by Christmas on 19:48 - Sep 2 by franniesTache

What's the opinion of the vaccines in pharma circles? Surely you must hear about the efficacy of them in daily chatter?

I'm a small molecule drug designer so don't have much to do with the vaccine folks.
What I do know is how much our knowledge about genetic manipulation, viruses and the immune system has advanced in the past 10 yrs. Much that gets thrown around about vaccines relates to tech that is 20-30 years old. Its like comparing a Morris Minor to a Tesla.
I think most of the vaccines that are being worked on will work, some better than others.
New vaccine by Christmas on 21:26 - Sep 2 with 4289 viewsBoris_

New vaccine by Christmas on 21:23 - Sep 2 by Waylander

I'm a small molecule drug designer so don't have much to do with the vaccine folks.
What I do know is how much our knowledge about genetic manipulation, viruses and the immune system has advanced in the past 10 yrs. Much that gets thrown around about vaccines relates to tech that is 20-30 years old. Its like comparing a Morris Minor to a Tesla.
I think most of the vaccines that are being worked on will work, some better than others.

And also let's not forget that it doesn't need to work on 100% of people. As long as the vaccination is safe, even if it worked on 70% of people, that would be enough to stop the spread of the virus enough to get back to normal life.

New vaccine by Christmas on 21:27 - Sep 2 with 4334 viewsWaylander

New vaccine by Christmas on 19:31 - Sep 2 by Bison

You must be in the know then Sir so may I ask what the situation would be if you have already had it ? My father tested positive for anti-bodies back in June and I think we all had back in January. I would assume they will want him for another ab test soon to see if he still has them but in your opinion would you need to take the vaccine if you have or had anti bodies ?

By my understanding of immunology he should not need the vaccine, though there are a handful of examples of people catching it twice. His immune system should hold enough memory of the virus to be able to defeat it quickly if he gets exposed again. But I am not an immunologist.
New vaccine by Christmas on 21:32 - Sep 2 with 4275 viewsBoris_

New vaccine by Christmas on 21:01 - Sep 2 by Sadoldgit

I wouldn’t get too excited just yet as there have been a number of false dawns already. As for immunity, some people who have had it have been reinfected so again, don’t hold your breath. There is still a long way to go.

Can you link us to your sources that suggest some have been reinfected with Coronavirus?

Considering 25 million people around the world have been confirmed with Covid-19 ( and reality being closer to 200 million people having had the virus ), I am hoping you're not going to pick out one or two people?

It needs to be tens of thousands of people who have been reinfected to even be slightly relevant... I can't find anything on the news or google about tens of thousands of people catching it twice?

New vaccine by Christmas on 21:49 - Sep 2 with 4294 viewsBison

New vaccine by Christmas on 21:01 - Sep 2 by Sadoldgit

Have you seen Waylanders credentials and his comments ? I think you may have a bit of trouble starting an argument on this thread now.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

New vaccine by Christmas on 21:50 - Sep 2 with 4293 viewsWaylander

Reinfected patients - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/experts-reveal-two

This recent report from Iceland looks encouraging for the persistence of antibodies https://www.euronews.com/2020/09/02/iceland-study-on-coronavirus-immunity-sugges
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 21:52]
New vaccine by Christmas on 21:56 - Sep 2 with 4282 viewsWaylander

New vaccine by Christmas on 21:26 - Sep 2 by Boris_

And also let's not forget that it doesn't need to work on 100% of people. As long as the vaccination is safe, even if it worked on 70% of people, that would be enough to stop the spread of the virus enough to get back to normal life.

Yes, that is essentially correct by my understanding. That would be enough to establish herd immunity. I think it likely that it will require booster injections every couple of years.
Vaccines work less well on older people and those with damaged immune systems (like me). Basically the people who are most at risk from the virus.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 22:03]
New vaccine by Christmas on 22:14 - Sep 2 with 4249 viewsSadoldgit

New vaccine by Christmas on 21:49 - Sep 2 by Bison

Have you seen Waylanders credentials and his comments ? I think you may have a bit of trouble starting an argument on this thread now.

I am not trying to start an argument. My brother works in the pharma industry and is currently working with those developing drugs to fight the virus so I have some “creditials” too. I wouldn’t place too much faith in anything Hancock says.
New vaccine by Christmas on 22:31 - Sep 2 with 4174 viewsBoris_

New vaccine by Christmas on 21:50 - Sep 2 by Waylander

Reinfected patients - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/experts-reveal-two

This recent report from Iceland looks encouraging for the persistence of antibodies https://www.euronews.com/2020/09/02/iceland-study-on-coronavirus-immunity-sugges

These articles frustrate me and serve no purpose other than to give the doom mongers fuel to continue with their negative agenda.

2 people out of at least 50 million people have been re-infected ( or have they? Maybe they never got rid of the first infection, or perhaps the first test result was false? Perhaps they have a genetic disorder that prevents them developing antibodies? )

1 in 25 million people have been re-infected and it's in the news as 'lasting immunity doubt' FFS?!

( not knocking you sir, knocking the article that feeds negative people )
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 22:32]

New vaccine by Christmas on 22:49 - Sep 2 with 4201 views1885_SFC

New vaccine by Christmas on 22:14 - Sep 2 by Sadoldgit

I am not trying to start an argument. My brother works in the pharma industry and is currently working with those developing drugs to fight the virus so I have some “creditials” too. I wouldn’t place too much faith in anything Hancock says.

And there it is - right at the end - the obligatory dig at the government.

You just couldn't help yourself could you.

Old School is Cool

New vaccine by Christmas on 22:57 - Sep 2 with 4188 viewsDorsetIan

New vaccine by Christmas on 21:50 - Sep 2 by Waylander

Thanks for these. Both of them balanced and informative, and neither of them sensationalising the issues in any way. Neither of them particularly gloomy either.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024