Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joseph DaGrosa 23:09 - Sep 10 with 5778 viewsPatfromPoole

Well well.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8719999/Southampton-200millio

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Joseph DaGrosa on 23:37 - Sep 10 with 3981 viewsSadoldgit

Wow!
Joseph DaGrosa on 23:53 - Sep 10 with 3962 viewsSaintsforeverj

Joseph DaGrosa on 23:37 - Sep 10 by Sadoldgit

Wow!

Yes, my feelings too.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Joseph DaGrosa on 23:58 - Sep 10 with 3959 viewsSadoldgit

Joseph DaGrosa on 23:53 - Sep 10 by Saintsforeverj

Yes, my feelings too.

The season has just become more interesting!
Joseph DaGrosa on 23:58 - Sep 10 with 3959 viewsericofarabia

Does he own a Big Yacht and is it docked/moored/parked in Southampton Docks?
Has he been to any Southampton Barbers to get his haircut and spill the beans on the whole story whilst having his haircut?
Have any Local Estate Agents shown him any 1 bedroom bedsits in Millbrook or Shirley?
Any Taxi drivers picked him up and got told the whole story but had to 'cross my heart and hope to die' not to tell anybody?

If at least 3 of these things haven't happened then I'm calling this BS.
Joseph DaGrosa on 00:04 - Sep 11 with 3941 viewsSadoldgit

The article talks about an influx of new signings. Given that the transfer window shuts in just a few weeks the deal will have to happen really quickly for that to happen.
Joseph DaGrosa on 00:05 - Sep 11 with 3938 viewsSaintsforeverj

Joseph DaGrosa on 23:58 - Sep 10 by ericofarabia

Does he own a Big Yacht and is it docked/moored/parked in Southampton Docks?
Has he been to any Southampton Barbers to get his haircut and spill the beans on the whole story whilst having his haircut?
Have any Local Estate Agents shown him any 1 bedroom bedsits in Millbrook or Shirley?
Any Taxi drivers picked him up and got told the whole story but had to 'cross my heart and hope to die' not to tell anybody?

If at least 3 of these things haven't happened then I'm calling this BS.

To be honest, the Newcastle saga and all the rumours about us probably mean it won't happen, but it's nice to get excited for a few minutes nonetheless. Fingers crossed there is something in it.

Joseph DaGrosa on 00:06 - Sep 11 with 3937 viewsSaintsforeverj

Joseph DaGrosa on 00:04 - Sep 11 by Sadoldgit

The article talks about an influx of new signings. Given that the transfer window shuts in just a few weeks the deal will have to happen really quickly for that to happen.

True. Messi signs on Monday.

Joseph DaGrosa on 05:00 - Sep 11 with 3830 viewsSoton

Joseph DaGrosa on 00:05 - Sep 11 by Saintsforeverj

To be honest, the Newcastle saga and all the rumours about us probably mean it won't happen, but it's nice to get excited for a few minutes nonetheless. Fingers crossed there is something in it.

“Fingers crossed” is this a good thing? If you know anything about why it’s good please share it here
Login to get fewer ads

Joseph DaGrosa on 05:42 - Sep 11 with 3816 viewsSaintsforeverj

Joseph DaGrosa on 05:00 - Sep 11 by Soton

“Fingers crossed” is this a good thing? If you know anything about why it’s good please share it here

Joseph Dagrosa is a billionaire and wants success. The following article was written a couple of days ago. Note how he wants to buy a club with a good academy in place and good manager already there. Anyone know a club with a good academy setup and good manager, already in place? Let's think. Maybe this will come off but let's see.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/09/07/football/joseph-dagrosa-
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 5:46]

Joseph DaGrosa on 05:50 - Sep 11 with 3809 viewsButty101

Joseph DaGrosa on 05:42 - Sep 11 by Saintsforeverj

Joseph Dagrosa is a billionaire and wants success. The following article was written a couple of days ago. Note how he wants to buy a club with a good academy in place and good manager already there. Anyone know a club with a good academy setup and good manager, already in place? Let's think. Maybe this will come off but let's see.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/09/07/football/joseph-dagrosa-
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 5:46]

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-n

He didn’t hang about with Bordeaux. Only there year sounds like some one trying to make a quick buck reading that article.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Joseph DaGrosa on 05:58 - Sep 11 with 3806 viewsSaintsforeverj

Joseph DaGrosa on 05:50 - Sep 11 by Butty101

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-n

He didn’t hang about with Bordeaux. Only there year sounds like some one trying to make a quick buck reading that article.

He does seem more of a communicator than Gao, enthusiastic and seems a good fit. Another owner who wants to develop our own, yes to make money but at least this guy is rich and you never know how enthusiastic he might become for PL success. But it's of course pie in the sky until we know more. Takeovers fall through a lot, so we will see.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 5:59]

Joseph DaGrosa on 06:16 - Sep 11 with 3791 viewsButty101

Joseph DaGrosa on 05:58 - Sep 11 by Saintsforeverj

He does seem more of a communicator than Gao, enthusiastic and seems a good fit. Another owner who wants to develop our own, yes to make money but at least this guy is rich and you never know how enthusiastic he might become for PL success. But it's of course pie in the sky until we know more. Takeovers fall through a lot, so we will see.

It sounds like it might bring us on par with Wolves. As long as it dosent rock the boat and upset our team and manager dynamics. Oh and he doesn’t load the club up with debt. It’s not worth winning a trophy for it all to go bang and then still be paying for it 15years later

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Joseph DaGrosa on 07:32 - Sep 11 with 3672 viewsThermosNBlanket

Don’t like sound of significant borrowing
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertkidd/2020/04/30/us-investor-plans-premier-lea

Lifes a marathon not a sprint

Joseph DaGrosa on 07:43 - Sep 11 with 3660 viewsSaintNick

Joseph DaGrosa on 05:58 - Sep 11 by Saintsforeverj

I'm not sure why people seem to want an owner who "boasts" in the press and therefore "communicates" those owners who have truly brought success to their clubs are the ones that sit back and pay people who know how to run a football club to do it.

How many times does Roman Abramovich give interviews, or John Henry at Liverpool, or the Arab family who run Man City.

The people who are so called "communicators" are the ones who talk big but lurch from one bad season to another, think Moshiri at Everton, Gold & Sullivan at West Ham, Ashley at Newcastle.

We used to have someone like that at St Mary's who didn't even own the club but talked as if we did, there is a difference between communicating and boasting, people prefer being boasted at that their club will be challenging for the Champions League places than being told that the club will be run in a business like manner with no debt being loaded on to it.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Joseph DaGrosa on 07:54 - Sep 11 with 3644 viewssolent_toffee

Who was that fella who was a mate of Bill Gates and had a super yacht in Ocean Village. Those were the days.
Joseph DaGrosa on 08:26 - Sep 11 with 3602 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Also, I gather it's not HIS money as such, but an investment fund. That's an entirely different situation.

He would have invested some of his money into the investment firm but generally they will be leveraging debt elsewhere at a MUCH lower cost than the growth return of an investment.

From what I can gather, they see Southampton as an under-valued asset (probably it is), will buy it for £200m and probably then flip it in 2-3 years for £3-400m. While this sort of money is small change to investment funds, it would be a quick and easy 50%-100% growth in 2 years (I'm hypothesising).

So ... better than Gao? God knows, on balance yes, probably as the club will HAVE to grow to see the size of returns they want. Growth will come from investment and success.

Downside ... the club will be for sale again in 2-3 years and who knows who we'll end up with and the club may well have peaked by then.

Supporting Saints is decent though. I'd take this over supporting a "big" club!

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Joseph DaGrosa on 08:31 - Sep 11 with 3597 viewsDorsetIan

Joseph DaGrosa on 05:50 - Sep 11 by Butty101

That was my first question. Why was he had Bordeaux for such a short time?

Reading the stories of his ‘depature’ from there, there seemed to be other investment company (to which he may be connected) investors involved from the start who are still there, so it might not be as simply as a quick in and out for him.

Anyway, got to be better than the shady world of Mr Gao.

Fingers crossed this comes off, so at least we will have survived the Gao era intact and we can see what happens with the next one.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Joseph DaGrosa on 08:48 - Sep 11 with 3566 viewsSaintNick

Joseph DaGrosa on 08:26 - Sep 11 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Also, I gather it's not HIS money as such, but an investment fund. That's an entirely different situation.

He would have invested some of his money into the investment firm but generally they will be leveraging debt elsewhere at a MUCH lower cost than the growth return of an investment.

From what I can gather, they see Southampton as an under-valued asset (probably it is), will buy it for £200m and probably then flip it in 2-3 years for £3-400m. While this sort of money is small change to investment funds, it would be a quick and easy 50%-100% growth in 2 years (I'm hypothesising).

So ... better than Gao? God knows, on balance yes, probably as the club will HAVE to grow to see the size of returns they want. Growth will come from investment and success.

Downside ... the club will be for sale again in 2-3 years and who knows who we'll end up with and the club may well have peaked by then.

You make some good points here, if they are going to make money they have to make us succesful, if they can make us worth £400 million then we would need to be more than just a 10th place also ran, we would need to be a club that is 7th and pushing the top six year in year out.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Joseph DaGrosa on 08:54 - Sep 11 with 3553 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Joseph DaGrosa on 08:48 - Sep 11 by SaintNick

You make some good points here, if they are going to make money they have to make us succesful, if they can make us worth £400 million then we would need to be more than just a 10th place also ran, we would need to be a club that is 7th and pushing the top six year in year out.

Exactly, so yes in theory this could be decent for a few seasons if it comes off, so let's give this lot a chance.

I read somewhere that at Bordeaux they stripped out every layer of management from football level to c-level and started again. I would HOPE that they don't have to do this with Saints as there is a very decent manager in place and Semmens seems to be decent as well.

Joseph DaGrosa on 09:18 - Sep 11 with 3514 viewssaint22

ah the Daily Fail gotta be true then..................
Joseph DaGrosa on 09:19 - Sep 11 with 3512 viewsDorsetIan

Joseph DaGrosa on 08:26 - Sep 11 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Yes, the problem of being for sale again in 2-3 years because our value has doubled is a good problem to have and, as you say, it will have been fun in the meantime.

An owner who can take us to the next level!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Joseph DaGrosa on 09:31 - Sep 11 with 3483 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Joseph DaGrosa on 09:18 - Sep 11 by saint22

ah the Daily Fail gotta be true then..................

Don't be tiresome, just because you don't like the Daily Mail - they do actually have some decent sources there, unlike something like the Express.

https://kapitalfootballgroup.com/

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12853953

Joseph DaGrosa on 09:50 - Sep 11 with 3449 viewsChesham_Saint

Joseph DaGrosa on 07:54 - Sep 11 by solent_toffee

Who was that fella who was a mate of Bill Gates and had a super yacht in Ocean Village. Those were the days.

Do you mean Paul Allen? He was more than just a mate, but a co-founder of Microsoft and therefore almost as minted as Gates himself.

Even though he’s now sadly dead he was a genuine sports enthusiast (i think he owned a Seattle football team) and definitely worth respect for founding a museum dedicated to Jimi Hendrix.

Oh and before 22 and his fellow travellers start slagging him for being a capitalist pig-dog he was also a philanthropist.

Sadly buying Saints never came about of course - it could have been very interesting!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Joseph DaGrosa on 10:05 - Sep 11 with 3423 viewsSonicBoom

Joseph DaGrosa on 07:32 - Sep 11 by ThermosNBlanket

Don’t like sound of significant borrowing
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertkidd/2020/04/30/us-investor-plans-premier-lea

I haven't seen any evidence yet that either clubs or players are suddenly being offloaded for any sort of discount. Good players are still going for big money and in fact in the PL the prices seem to be rising. Look at Watkins who just went from Brentford for 32 million.
Joseph DaGrosa on 11:26 - Sep 11 with 3333 viewsericofarabia

Joseph DaGrosa on 07:54 - Sep 11 by solent_toffee

Paul Allen. Top bloke, his huge yacht often spotted at Ocean Village Marina and even used to post on Saints Forever site, and maybe even on here? 😉
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024