Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Solent Toffee 12:54 - Sep 17 with 1645 viewsbattler

Toffs, obviously a lack of fitness and preseason games is affecting Saints at the moment.
As a fan of another prem team what was Everton's preseason like ?
Did you play many friendlies ?
Whats the consensus amongst your fellow fans regarding Everton's fitness levels ?

Just trying to get my head round why we look so unfit.

cheers
FAO Solent Toffee on 13:15 - Sep 17 with 1620 viewssolent_toffee

It’s been a strange one for sure. They had four games booked in, away to Blackpool they were wretched and were three down after ten minutes, but drew 3-3. They then had two games postponed due to local lockdown away to Wigan and Blackburn and then beat Preston 2-0 at home.

On Sunday they looked quite fresh and fit and last night was more like a pre season friendly with ten changes to the team.

I think signing three midfielders who all appear to be really up for it has given the PL starting eleven a right boost, even though apparently they only trained twice last week.
FAO Solent Toffee on 21:23 - Sep 17 with 1468 viewsbattler

Cheers for that, so even though you only played 2 preseason games I bet neither consisted of just 3 x 30 min sessions.
That appears to of really made a difference.

Ironic you had 3 new signings all fit and ready to play for the first team straight away and our only new proper signing is not yet ready to play and and is considered less fit than the shower of shite that played last night.

Guess its just the Southampton way...
FAO Solent Toffee on 09:06 - Sep 18 with 1418 viewssolent_toffee

FAO Solent Toffee on 21:23 - Sep 17 by battler

Cheers for that, so even though you only played 2 preseason games I bet neither consisted of just 3 x 30 min sessions.
That appears to of really made a difference.

Ironic you had 3 new signings all fit and ready to play for the first team straight away and our only new proper signing is not yet ready to play and and is considered less fit than the shower of shite that played last night.

Guess its just the Southampton way...

Not getting carried away, it’s only been one match against an out of sorts Spurs team.. To be fair the three signings were well pumped up for their first game, it will be interesting to see how they continue tomorrow against West Brom.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 9:06]
FAO Solent Toffee on 09:41 - Sep 18 with 1401 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

FAO Solent Toffee on 09:06 - Sep 18 by solent_toffee

Not getting carried away, it’s only been one match against an out of sorts Spurs team.. To be fair the three signings were well pumped up for their first game, it will be interesting to see how they continue tomorrow against West Brom.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 9:06]

"Can they do it on a cold night in Burnley" etc etc etc

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

FAO Solent Toffee on 14:29 - Sep 19 with 1314 viewsbattler

I know its only 2 games and WBA were down to 10 men for the second half but Everton looked very good.
Some quality signings and a top "been there seen it done it " manager.

Toffs you must be quietly confident about this season.
FAO Solent Toffee on 14:35 - Sep 19 with 1305 viewsSaintsforeverj

FAO Solent Toffee on 14:29 - Sep 19 by battler

I know its only 2 games and WBA were down to 10 men for the second half but Everton looked very good.

Richarlison, Rodriguez, Calvert lewin, look like a really impressive trio, amongst others. Their ambition looks like it will come off this season. But it just depresses me all the more.

Bale will be in the stands for Spurs tomorrow and that will give them a lift and some extra energy, no doubt. Probably another defeat tomorrow.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

FAO Solent Toffee on 16:00 - Sep 19 with 1247 viewssolent_toffee

FAO Solent Toffee on 14:29 - Sep 19 by battler

I’m enjoying watching them, it’s been a long time since I could say that. Rodríguez looks the business already. Think there will be a couple more incomings and outgoings before the transfer deadline too. I’ve got complete faith in Ancelotti to bring in better players then we currently have.

All very positive.

I thought West Brom played okay, they have a couple of stand out players.
FAO Solent Toffee on 16:25 - Sep 19 with 1234 viewssaint22

FAO Solent Toffee on 16:00 - Sep 19 by solent_toffee

I’m enjoying watching them, it’s been a long time since I could say that. Rodríguez looks the business already. Think there will be a couple more incomings and outgoings before the transfer deadline too. I’ve got complete faith in Ancelotti to bring in better players then we currently have.

All very positive.

I thought West Brom played okay, they have a couple of stand out players.

Yes looking very good
A board backing a manager who clearly influences who is bought in
Oh how we can dream
Login to get fewer ads

FAO Solent Toffee on 18:41 - Sep 19 with 1181 viewsBuggalugs

FAO Solent Toffee on 16:25 - Sep 19 by saint22

Yes looking very good
A board backing a manager who clearly influences who is bought in
Oh how we can dream

Perhaps you should support them then.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

FAO Solent Toffee on 19:01 - Sep 19 with 1170 viewssaint22

FAO Solent Toffee on 18:41 - Sep 19 by Buggalugs

Perhaps you should support them then.

I can’t though can I Saints are my team
I would just like us to buy players in positions we need to make us better that’s all
FAO Solent Toffee on 20:48 - Sep 19 with 1138 viewsBicester_North

FAO Solent Toffee on 19:01 - Sep 19 by saint22

I can’t though can I Saints are my team
I would just like us to buy players in positions we need to make us better that’s all

My team

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024