Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League PPV for matches. 18:44 - Oct 9 with 2146 viewsToffeemanc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54481945

The greed of Premier League clubs is frankly unbelievable.
Proof if it were needed that Premier League clubs don't care one bit about their fans. They simply see them as a a source of revenue for a business which is all the EPL really is. I would love them all to go bust and genuinely wouldn't care.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Premier League PPV for matches. on 18:54 - Oct 9 with 2125 viewsrochdaleriddler

When clubs like arsenal are laying off staff on normal wages, and their mascot, whilst paying players obscene amounts tells you all you need to know

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Premier League PPV for matches. on 18:55 - Oct 9 with 2122 viewsSuddenLad

To pay £60 per month for a full TV sports subscription service and then to be asked for another £14.95 per match to watch Premiership football is staggeringly obscene.

The Premier League has shown itself to be a corrupt, avaricious organisation that has no concern whatsoever for supporters, just improving bank balances. Disgusting.

Bloody glad I don't follow Premiershite.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Premier League PPV for matches. on 19:04 - Oct 9 with 2104 viewsDaleiLama

The number of goals, upsets and unpredictability of this season thus far has probably also, sadly, made the PL even more "marketable". And when fans pay these extortionate amounts, the PL will no doubt view the EFL as even more expendable.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Premier League PPV for matches. on 19:22 - Oct 9 with 2067 viewsD_Alien

Premier League PPV for matches. on 19:04 - Oct 9 by DaleiLama

The number of goals, upsets and unpredictability of this season thus far has probably also, sadly, made the PL even more "marketable". And when fans pay these extortionate amounts, the PL will no doubt view the EFL as even more expendable.

It's only a short step from your first sentence to the potential conclusion that football is better without spectators...

But tbf, it's something that's already being discussed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54433028

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Premier League PPV for matches. on 20:28 - Oct 9 with 2010 viewsAtThePeake

Premier League PPV for matches. on 18:55 - Oct 9 by SuddenLad

To pay £60 per month for a full TV sports subscription service and then to be asked for another £14.95 per match to watch Premiership football is staggeringly obscene.

The Premier League has shown itself to be a corrupt, avaricious organisation that has no concern whatsoever for supporters, just improving bank balances. Disgusting.

Bloody glad I don't follow Premiershite.

It'll cost £70 on iFollow to watch all of our October matches, and that's just to be able to watch Dale games - no other matches included.

Tangled up in blue.

Premier League PPV for matches. on 21:12 - Oct 9 with 1955 viewsSuddenLad

I have a season card, so only away games will cost me extra. (not counting the £5 surcharge between the £15 I paid for a season card, as opposed to the £10 cost of seeing it).

I don't subscribe to any sports channels, so it's not a massive issue for me. £10 per away game is less than the cost of going in person, travel, food, admission price, so it's a cheap do really.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Premier League PPV for matches. on 22:00 - Oct 9 with 1914 viewsAtThePeake

Premier League PPV for matches. on 21:12 - Oct 9 by SuddenLad

I have a season card, so only away games will cost me extra. (not counting the £5 surcharge between the £15 I paid for a season card, as opposed to the £10 cost of seeing it).

I don't subscribe to any sports channels, so it's not a massive issue for me. £10 per away game is less than the cost of going in person, travel, food, admission price, so it's a cheap do really.

£14.95 per away game is less than the cost of going in person for Premier League fans too, in fact probably more of a saving since the £30 PL admission price for away fans tends to be around £8-10 dearer than L1 games. I understand it's on top of a £60 subscription in the first place - but it's working out a similar price for Dale fans who don't have season cards at the moment.

Tangled up in blue.

Premier League PPV for matches. on 10:46 - Oct 10 with 1694 viewsfunkkk

The thing is the match goers in the PL are in the minority. These are games that wouldn't have been on TV in a normal world so they're effectively extra games that you can choose to watch if you so wish.
Login to get fewer ads

Premier League PPV for matches. on 11:16 - Oct 10 with 1655 viewsDalenet

Premier League PPV for matches. on 22:00 - Oct 9 by AtThePeake

£14.95 per away game is less than the cost of going in person for Premier League fans too, in fact probably more of a saving since the £30 PL admission price for away fans tends to be around £8-10 dearer than L1 games. I understand it's on top of a £60 subscription in the first place - but it's working out a similar price for Dale fans who don't have season cards at the moment.

Yes but there is no deal for their season ticket holders as I understand it. Many have paid their season ticket subs (often by automated direct debit so you don't lose your seat) and then you have to pay on top to watch the game. At least at our level we get to see the home games for free if you are a season ticket holder

But not to worry. The Premier League clubs collectively spent £1.2bn in transfer fees over summer. No financial crisis or moral compass there. Hence the outcry when Liverpool tried to use Furlough
Premier League PPV for matches. on 14:11 - Oct 10 with 1579 viewsAtThePeake

Premier League PPV for matches. on 11:16 - Oct 10 by Dalenet

Yes but there is no deal for their season ticket holders as I understand it. Many have paid their season ticket subs (often by automated direct debit so you don't lose your seat) and then you have to pay on top to watch the game. At least at our level we get to see the home games for free if you are a season ticket holder

But not to worry. The Premier League clubs collectively spent £1.2bn in transfer fees over summer. No financial crisis or moral compass there. Hence the outcry when Liverpool tried to use Furlough

Do you really get to see the games for 'free' though if you've paid for the season ticket but can't actually go to the games?

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024