Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hojbjerg 13:51 - Nov 21 with 1040 viewskingslandstand1

I see he's getting rave reviews in the press this morning and being almost Moanio's saviour as Spurs stand out player almost particularly for the bite he gives their midfield

Why then was he getting dogs down here? Strange that his pass rate their is the best as well, but not down here

Can't blame the manager as Ralph is the best!
Hojbjerg on 14:34 - Nov 21 with 1001 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Just a classic case of thought he was bigger than the club and didn't feel the need to put as much effort in. In my opinion anyway.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Hojbjerg on 14:50 - Nov 21 with 985 viewsDorsetIan

I think it’s because his job at Spurs is much more defined. He has to sit as a defensive midfielder, win the ball and pass it forward to an attacking midfielder or a forward and that’s it.

At Saints he was expected to do more in midfield, be generally more creative and attacking, and he wasn’t that good at that.

Maybe we can see a bit of Mourino’s genius here. He could see that Hojbjerb was exactly the player he needed for a particular job.

Good luck to him. In some of the darker days of Hughes etc, he was one of the few digging in. And we got a good swap for him. And our midfield is much better without him.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Hojbjerg on 14:57 - Nov 21 with 976 viewsSadoldgit

Hojbjerg on 14:50 - Nov 21 by DorsetIan

I think it’s because his job at Spurs is much more defined. He has to sit as a defensive midfielder, win the ball and pass it forward to an attacking midfielder or a forward and that’s it.

At Saints he was expected to do more in midfield, be generally more creative and attacking, and he wasn’t that good at that.

Maybe we can see a bit of Mourino’s genius here. He could see that Hojbjerb was exactly the player he needed for a particular job.

Good luck to him. In some of the darker days of Hughes etc, he was one of the few digging in. And we got a good swap for him. And our midfield is much better without him.

Sums it up nicely. It has worked out well for both clubs so win-win for a change.
Hojbjerg on 14:58 - Nov 21 with 974 viewsJaySaint

Agree with that, at spurs I do not think he moves forward of the ball. He has no requirement to get up and down and make a good pass. None at all.
He did as saints in a 2 man pivot.

He was garbage for us doing that.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Hojbjerg on 16:30 - Nov 21 with 903 viewsBerber

Spot on
Hojbjerg on 16:57 - Nov 21 with 892 viewsdirk_doone

He was a square peg in a round hole here. Spurs was the perfect team for him and he knew it. The fans there love him. He could even win their player of the season award.

The deal worked out well for both clubs as Walker-Peters has also been superb for us.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Hojbjerg on 10:06 - Nov 22 with 638 viewskernow

Makes a change not being mugged by the NLYs
Hojbjerg on 19:32 - Nov 22 with 526 viewsA1079

Completely agree Dorsetlan.

I have no problem with him doing well and getting good reviews (the only pity it being Spurs as I struggle to like them at all as a club - in same way as Liverpool). I had nothing against the player and always thought he did a reasonably good job for us. His passing was wayward sometimes but for the most part he played for us when we were a struggling team. Always came over as mature in interviews as well and was very honest when we played sh*t instead of trotting out the same old stuff about taking positives when you have just been well beaten.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024