Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again 12:08 - Dec 10 with 2055 viewsBerber

According to Talksport, brilliant news if correct.
Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 12:16 - Dec 10 with 2038 viewsdirk_doone

It certainly is. Ralph has instilled a real belief in the players that they can achieve great things at Southampton, like European football and even winning trophies. Could he do for us what Revie did for Leeds and Clough did for Forest?

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 13:36 - Dec 10 with 1952 viewsJaySaint

all aboard the Ralph express.

Surely him committing is a huge factor (that and the big pay rises)

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 14:47 - Dec 10 with 1896 viewsChesham_Saint

Now that certainly would be a fantastic early Christmas present!

Ings in particular can seal legend status if he performs like he has for another couple of years or so. If they do sign then this is probably the most significant contract extension since the days of MLT and the cretin, Lowe....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 15:40 - Dec 10 with 1848 viewskingslandstand1

Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 12:16 - Dec 10 by dirk_doone

It certainly is. Ralph has instilled a real belief in the players that they can achieve great things at Southampton, like European football and even winning trophies. Could he do for us what Revie did for Leeds and Clough did for Forest?

Unfortunately Dirk, I don't think they needed the cash back in the 70's as much as clubs do now to dominate as those 2 teams for a period back then
Even the "Miracle of Leicester" was partly created by a billionaire owner, but we do certainly have the team spirit it seems that Ranieri had back then
So let's keep those rose tinted ones on and carry on living the dream
Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 18:32 - Dec 10 with 1691 viewsMeonsaint

Will make my Christmas after a shitty shitty shittiest year ever.
Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 19:18 - Dec 10 with 1637 viewskernow

Would be good if it happens.
Forgive my scepticism bit didn't Lallana and Van Dyke sign long term contracts shortly before they skinned out?
Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 20:40 - Dec 10 with 1557 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://mobile.twitter.com/talksport/status/1336671945379606531

Great news if this is true.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 20:43 - Dec 10 with 1556 viewsBazza

Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 19:18 - Dec 10 by kernow

Would be good if it happens.
Forgive my scepticism bit didn't Lallana and Van Dyke sign long term contracts shortly before they skinned out?

Mm could be their part of an arrangement, pushing up the price, so Saints will let them go without complications! Certainly hope they stay though
Login to get fewer ads

Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 06:28 - Dec 11 with 1435 viewssaint22

Talksh1te the Daily Fail of radio!
Let’s hope they got this right
Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 07:40 - Dec 11 with 1406 viewsKennington

If true, it is brilliant news. I’m really pleased for Ings as he should be on obscene money. It’s just nice that for one it could be saints paying it rather than selling.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 08:48 - Dec 11 with 1369 viewsRon11

He's an Arsenal fan - and a crook...
Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 11:46 - Dec 11 with 1297 viewsPoirot

'According to talksport' What alex crook of shite per chance ?

Hes just been told to say that and hes mr speculative tabloid anyway.
Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 12:35 - Dec 11 with 1271 viewsBicester_North

If Crook gets this wrong he shouldn’t be in a job, he gave the opposite info before about one of our signings, think it was Austin saying it was dead then he signed next day

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 13:06 - Dec 11 with 1240 viewsBerber

Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 11:46 - Dec 11 by Poirot

'According to talksport' What alex crook of shite per chance ?

Hes just been told to say that and hes mr speculative tabloid anyway.

My post does say "..if correct."
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 13:06]
Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 10:20 - Dec 12 with 1122 viewsericofarabia

Martin Semmens completely shoots Crook out if the water with both barrels blazing in last nights Club Zoom Fans Meeting, see link on another thread, near the end about 59 mins. 😂
Trouble is no positive news to report on how the talks are progressing.
Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 12:20 - Dec 12 with 1098 viewsBerber

Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 10:20 - Dec 12 by ericofarabia

Martin Semmens completely shoots Crook out if the water with both barrels blazing in last nights Club Zoom Fans Meeting, see link on another thread, near the end about 59 mins. 😂
Trouble is no positive news to report on how the talks are progressing.

Yep, I get that he is p1ssed off that the media make up so much stuff. But his statement that the club tell us what is happening when it happens can be read both ways. We hear next to nothing about the progress and likely return of injured players until a couple of days before they are back on the bench or in the team. Same with acquisitions and their progress.

Nobody outside of the club staff knows why Valery is out of the squad when he showed so much promise. Just loads of vague statements from RH. Same with Danso last season. He has been clear about Obafemi though. Compared to other clubs, they could be a lot more open, even if it is standard progress updates.

I understand that there can be issues of personal confidentiality involved on some occassions, but often, the club comes across as unnecessarily secretive until after events have happened.
Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 04:29 - Dec 13 with 915 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 12:20 - Dec 12 by Berber

Yep, I get that he is p1ssed off that the media make up so much stuff. But his statement that the club tell us what is happening when it happens can be read both ways. We hear next to nothing about the progress and likely return of injured players until a couple of days before they are back on the bench or in the team. Same with acquisitions and their progress.

Nobody outside of the club staff knows why Valery is out of the squad when he showed so much promise. Just loads of vague statements from RH. Same with Danso last season. He has been clear about Obafemi though. Compared to other clubs, they could be a lot more open, even if it is standard progress updates.

I understand that there can be issues of personal confidentiality involved on some occassions, but often, the club comes across as unnecessarily secretive until after events have happened.

I DO SO AGREE with your post Berber - it seems that all staff even in the media department - have ALL had to sign a None Disclosure Agreement ... and if they even hint OF WHAT IS TRULY GOING ON - in the halls and boardroom of St Mary's - they are then liable to be " Shot at Dawn "
We literally get F# ALL news - Then in previous forums THEY STATE - We are committed to be open and honest , with our supporters - BULLSHIT they never have ..... this is why there is a good deal of false information and rumors flying about the place , coz speculators MAKE STUFF UP !
Everyone including me KNOWS that Saints can't name potential targets -- but other clubs tell their fans - something like ..... Ralph is monitoring a Center Back , at present playing for a top Spanish club in La Liga! ....... at least us fans would know that Saints are at LOOKING - BUT NO ! - TOTAL BLOODY SILENCE.

What a Christmas pressie to know that Ryan & Ings'y have signed extended contracts - and strengthen Ralph's resolve in attracting better quality players. COYS!

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 11:58 - Dec 13 with 844 viewsBerber

Ings and Bertrand Ready to Sign up Again on 04:29 - Dec 13 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

I DO SO AGREE with your post Berber - it seems that all staff even in the media department - have ALL had to sign a None Disclosure Agreement ... and if they even hint OF WHAT IS TRULY GOING ON - in the halls and boardroom of St Mary's - they are then liable to be " Shot at Dawn "
We literally get F# ALL news - Then in previous forums THEY STATE - We are committed to be open and honest , with our supporters - BULLSHIT they never have ..... this is why there is a good deal of false information and rumors flying about the place , coz speculators MAKE STUFF UP !
Everyone including me KNOWS that Saints can't name potential targets -- but other clubs tell their fans - something like ..... Ralph is monitoring a Center Back , at present playing for a top Spanish club in La Liga! ....... at least us fans would know that Saints are at LOOKING - BUT NO ! - TOTAL BLOODY SILENCE.

What a Christmas pressie to know that Ryan & Ings'y have signed extended contracts - and strengthen Ralph's resolve in attracting better quality players. COYS!

Fans of all clubs pretty much have to take what they are given, but there is no reason to rub our noses in it by pretending they are being open. The reason the Newsnow site seems to be sinking under Celtic stories, is because there is nothing tangible to report on for Southampton except made up speculation which gets picked up and re-posted by other lazy, click hungry sites. I don't expect a diet of constant news, just a bit more openness and timeliness when clearly things are going on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024