Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is the best Saints team I have seen in years 18:10 - Dec 19 with 888 viewsgrumpy

The skill (Passing, holding on to the ball and accuracy with it)

The Spirit(They never let their heads go down and play not just for themselves but for the team)

Their tactics are spot on, I know it goes wrong sometimes but when you look at the teams they have to face in this division that's not surprising.

In January I like to see us strengthen the squad but I can see some excellent prospects coming through from our youth set up.

I know we lost today but I was very proud of our performance.

This is the best Saints team I have seen in years on 11:44 - Dec 20 with 700 viewsgreen

As a Saints fan I can’t expect us to win every game but at least now we can expect that we’ll give it a go. Credit to the manager and players for this.
This is the best Saints team I have seen in years on 12:02 - Dec 20 with 692 viewsKennington

Absolutely agree. After several years of us hovering around the bottom 6 or so, it’s very refreshing that we’re competitive even against teams with far larger resources.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

This is the best Saints team I have seen in years on 13:14 - Dec 20 with 663 viewsSadoldgit

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t expect to win every game but I want to see us able to give it a go and compete. Ralph had done an amazing job with this group of players. It has taken some time but we can be proud of our club again and no one will fancy playing us.
This is the best Saints team I have seen in years on 14:29 - Dec 20 with 622 viewswashington_saint

This is the best Saints team I have seen in years on 13:14 - Dec 20 by Sadoldgit

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t expect to win every game but I want to see us able to give it a go and compete. Ralph had done an amazing job with this group of players. It has taken some time but we can be proud of our club again and no one will fancy playing us.

Hear hear!

Yesterday we matched CIty in every area of the pitch and I agree with Ralph: we played far better than when we beat them in the summer.

Only thing we truly lack (as shown last 2 games) is a cutting edge when Ings is not firing on all cylinders. But then this is pretty much the same team that struggled against relegation for 2 seasons.

Ralph has done an incredible job and I look forward to every Saints game as we will give it a go and be highly entertaining against any team, home or away.

We need more competition at full back (a replacement for Bertrand is needed as he seems to be a shadow of the player he was) but outside of that with, as Grumpy says, the promising youngsters coming through I think we have a decent squad.

If we are not top 8 this year I would be disappointed
This is the best Saints team I have seen in years on 08:18 - Dec 21 with 532 viewsBerber

This is the best Saints team I have seen in years on 14:29 - Dec 20 by washington_saint

Hear hear!

Yesterday we matched CIty in every area of the pitch and I agree with Ralph: we played far better than when we beat them in the summer.

Only thing we truly lack (as shown last 2 games) is a cutting edge when Ings is not firing on all cylinders. But then this is pretty much the same team that struggled against relegation for 2 seasons.

Ralph has done an incredible job and I look forward to every Saints game as we will give it a go and be highly entertaining against any team, home or away.

We need more competition at full back (a replacement for Bertrand is needed as he seems to be a shadow of the player he was) but outside of that with, as Grumpy says, the promising youngsters coming through I think we have a decent squad.

If we are not top 8 this year I would be disappointed

I agree about Bertrand, who has not been up to his previous standards. But then all players go through dodgy spells. It would be good to have someone pushing him for his position though.

I'd like to see a viable Plan B tactically. Backs to the wall as per City last season would be preferable to the headless chickens approach shown against Leicester.
This is the best Saints team I have seen in years on 11:29 - Dec 21 with 481 viewsButty101

Against City i thought KWP, Vestguard, Romeu, Walcott and Adams were top class. This time last year there was plenty of fans that would of happily driven him to Leicester - me included. The turn around in his form has been incredible and we need to get him signed up otherwise i worry Liverpool might view him as cover for Virgil.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

This is the best Saints team I have seen in years on 11:34 - Dec 21 with 480 viewsJaySaint

Plenty have said we were great against City, and we were. much better than last season when we beat them with a wonder goal.

The test on us being the 'real deal, in a top 6-8 sense is going to an improved Fulham and winning. Anything less and the early form will be seen as a 'good start'

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024