Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diallo 22:23 - Jan 4 with 2941 viewscynicalsaint

looked mustard.

and can we put the 'we need another centre back' debate to bed once and for all? fourth (?) best defence in the premier league and don't think we have conceded since Stephens has stepped in for JV
Diallo on 22:26 - Jan 4 with 2211 viewsdirk_doone

In backs to the wall games like this and the win against Man City, you'd be hard pushed to find a better man than Stephens for those last ditch blocks and clearances.

Diallo put in a great shift too.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 22:27]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Diallo on 22:31 - Jan 4 with 2187 views1teeminants

Yes Diallo was excellent, I like the look of Tella too he’s got something about him, looks confident and he very nearly scored .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Diallo on 22:34 - Jan 4 with 2165 viewsHeisenberg

Totally. And we were missing key players. Other than possible cover for Bertrand I don't think we need to strengthen in January. Long out on loan maybe.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Diallo on 23:18 - Jan 4 with 2026 viewsBicester_North

A Saints team full of nippers beating Liverpool backs against the wall is what it’s all about. Diallo a proper signing so far.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Diallo on 23:52 - Jan 4 with 1973 viewsSaintNick

Diallo on 23:18 - Jan 4 by Bicester_North

A Saints team full of nippers beating Liverpool backs against the wall is what it’s all about. Diallo a proper signing so far.

Funny how things change so quickly here

Not aimed at the poster this is a reply too, but everything I have read tonight is the polar opposite of what has been said the last week or so

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Diallo on 23:57 - Jan 4 with 1953 viewsBicester_North

Diallo on 23:52 - Jan 4 by SaintNick

Not aimed at the poster this is a reply too, but everything I have read tonight is the polar opposite of what has been said the last week or so

I agree, after the West Ham game the usual suspects were all out in force slagging the team/club.

It’s usually just the same 4 or 5 always at it and looking for an excuse to slate the club.

Funnily enough those same “fans” usually make a hasty exit after a result like tonight.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 23:59]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Diallo on 00:09 - Jan 5 with 1931 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Diallo is a very very good player ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Diallo on 00:23 - Jan 5 with 1919 viewsRon11

Diallo on 22:31 - Jan 4 by 1teeminants

Yes Diallo was excellent, I like the look of Tella too he’s got something about him, looks confident and he very nearly scored .

They both looked classy.
Walker -Peters man of the match for me, had "I'll never leave Saints" mane in his pocket most of the game.
Frazer Forster still looks worryingly nervous though - punching out instead of taking the ball, and some poor kicking. Maybe nervous after all that time out of contention, but still a clean sheet.
It would have been nice to see that c*nt Thiago get another yellow...
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 0:32]
Login to get fewer ads

Diallo on 07:07 - Jan 5 with 1827 viewssaint22

Diallo on 22:34 - Jan 4 by Heisenberg

Totally. And we were missing key players. Other than possible cover for Bertrand I don't think we need to strengthen in January. Long out on loan maybe.

He really looks a player and has done every time he took the field, now with full games he will only get better, kept Thiago v quiet
I would say we still need an LB and a striker maybe
Even valery looked better when he came on!,
Diallo on 09:37 - Jan 5 with 1707 viewsSonicBoom

As a Saints fan you have to enjoy nights like that. If you are still looking for players to criticise and rather than just enjoy the moment then I don't think you are ever going to be happy.
The team stuck together and concentrated for 90 minutes against a technically superior opponent and showed that with determination, organisation and no little skill, we can compete in the top half of the table. And I don't care about possession stats, we beat the f'ing scousers which is absolutely beautiful.
Diallo on 10:02 - Jan 5 with 1671 viewsBerber

Diallo on 07:07 - Jan 5 by saint22

He really looks a player and has done every time he took the field, now with full games he will only get better, kept Thiago v quiet
I would say we still need an LB and a striker maybe
Even valery looked better when he came on!,

Valery has a lot of strengths. His shortfalls last season were mainly down to errors of judgement as last man. His role last night allowed him to do the stuff he does best. He provided a good buffer for KWP and as always, has a lot to offer going forward. Pity he was so far out with the nutmeg, if he had hit it any harder, it may not have got through the keepers legs so cleanly. I hope this cameo will boost his confidence and get him back on track.
Diallo on 10:11 - Jan 5 with 1658 viewsdirk_doone

I thought we'd miss Romeu badly but, although Diallo is a different style of player, he more than covered for him. He reminded me very much of Kanté when he was at Leicester.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 10:12]

Diallo on 10:15 - Jan 5 with 1643 viewsRon11

Diallo on 09:37 - Jan 5 by SonicBoom

As a Saints fan you have to enjoy nights like that. If you are still looking for players to criticise and rather than just enjoy the moment then I don't think you are ever going to be happy.
The team stuck together and concentrated for 90 minutes against a technically superior opponent and showed that with determination, organisation and no little skill, we can compete in the top half of the table. And I don't care about possession stats, we beat the f'ing scousers which is absolutely beautiful.

I don't think they were a technically superior opponent. They've got Mane, Firmino and Salah with pace and skill but we've got Ings, Walcott and Armstrong with the same skills.
Saints just did their old trick of dropping too deep in the second half, but even then their attack had no answer to some great defending from our back four.
As you say, it's an undeniable pleasure to get a result against them, especially with the inevitable crying about two penalties from the Gurning German after the match.
Diallo on 10:24 - Jan 5 with 1629 viewsdirk_doone

Diallo on 10:15 - Jan 5 by Ron11

I don't think they were a technically superior opponent. They've got Mane, Firmino and Salah with pace and skill but we've got Ings, Walcott and Armstrong with the same skills.
Saints just did their old trick of dropping too deep in the second half, but even then their attack had no answer to some great defending from our back four.
As you say, it's an undeniable pleasure to get a result against them, especially with the inevitable crying about two penalties from the Gurning German after the match.

It's highly unlikely that we'll replicate what Leicester did in 2016 but, like they were, we are a team from outside the big six that has at least 4 players who would get into a big six team. For Schmeichel, Kante, Mahrez and Vardy read Ings, Walker-Peters, Ward-Prowse and the final piece in the jigsaw, Diallo?

Diallo on 10:51 - Jan 5 with 1587 viewsNumber_58

The majority of fans are idiots. The clamour for Salisu to play was a great example. Some people genuinely wanted a bloke who no-one has ever seen play, and who hasn't played a game of any sort in I don't know how long, selected ahead of an experienced player with close on 100 Premier League appearances. Muppets.
Diallo on 10:54 - Jan 5 with 1582 viewsfranniesTache

Diallo looked very good last night but lets not get carried away just yet, he's played a couple of games so far and i remember people getting over excited about Boufal too.

Give the lad a full season first and accept he'll have a few off days as well as good ones, instead of claiming he's the new Kante then shitting the bed when he doesn't live up to that standard.
Diallo on 11:11 - Jan 5 with 1554 viewsKennington

It’s about balance. My view is everyone other than Ings and maybe now days JWP could be sold and better players bought to replace them. That’s not to say we need 9 new players but it’s just how it is. That said, it seems Ralph has the knack of making players better and we’re looking much healthier because of that.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Diallo on 11:16 - Jan 5 with 1551 viewsChesham_Saint

As for our desperate need for another CB, I noticed on a Liverpool forum last night that that’s exactly what their fans want (and what an arrogant self-entitled bunch they come across as btw). Even when the Dutch backstabber returns.

It always seems the same whenever we play well (or at least don’t lose) that the opposition fans are crying out for one or two better backs.

The reality must be that decent CBs of any standard are as rare as rocking horse droppings and we’re not a badly off as many think....?
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 12:14]

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Diallo on 11:48 - Jan 5 with 1521 viewsJaySaint

Diallo on 22:31 - Jan 4 by 1teeminants

I thought Tella was and is pretty crap.

Diallo, is going to be a great player

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Diallo on 11:50 - Jan 5 with 1514 views1teeminants

Diallo on 10:54 - Jan 5 by franniesTache

Diallo looked very good last night but lets not get carried away just yet, he's played a couple of games so far and i remember people getting over excited about Boufal too.

Give the lad a full season first and accept he'll have a few off days as well as good ones, instead of claiming he's the new Kante then shitting the bed when he doesn't live up to that standard.

I sort of agree it’s a bit early too judge but I think the main difference is Diallo looks like he can be arsed whereas Boufal often wasn’t.

Diallo on 11:54 - Jan 5 with 1497 views1teeminants

Diallo on 11:48 - Jan 5 by JaySaint

I couldnt disagree more about Tella and I think we’ll find out more in the coming months .
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 11:55]

Diallo on 11:59 - Jan 5 with 1483 viewsButty101

Diallo on 11:48 - Jan 5 by JaySaint

Im reserving Judgement on Tella. He took his chance nicely and was unlucky not to score. However i thought he looked a bit lost up front. He did win a couple free kicks in the 2nd half.

As other people have said Diallo looked impressive. Read the game well, didnt give the ball away and could run the ball out.

I was also thought N'Lundulu looked good. Reminds me a bit of Kenwne Jones.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Diallo on 12:00 - Jan 5 with 1475 viewsJaySaint

Diallo on 11:59 - Jan 5 by Butty101

Im reserving Judgement on Tella. He took his chance nicely and was unlucky not to score. However i thought he looked a bit lost up front. He did win a couple free kicks in the 2nd half.

As other people have said Diallo looked impressive. Read the game well, didnt give the ball away and could run the ball out.

I was also thought N'Lundulu looked good. Reminds me a bit of Kenwne Jones.

When you say took his chance nicely. What do you mean?
The unlucky part was a decent shot, that is about it

Other than that, offered nothing. Hard I know, but this is not the first time.
I thought N'Lundulu had much more about him.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Diallo on 12:07 - Jan 5 with 1463 viewsdirk_doone

Diallo on 11:16 - Jan 5 by Chesham_Saint

As for our desperate need for another CB, I noticed on a Liverpool forum last night that that’s exactly what their fans want (and what an arrogant self-entitled bunch they come across as btw). Even when the Dutch backstabber returns.

It always seems the same whenever we play well (or at least don’t lose) that the opposition fans are crying out for one or two better backs.

The reality must be that decent CBs of any standard are as rare as rocking horse droppings and we’re not a badly off as many think....?
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 12:14]

Ironically, with the form that Vestergaard, Stephens and Bednarek are showing, if Salisu, when he eventually appears, proves to be as good a player as Diallo looked last night, we could end up having one of the strongest pools of central defenders in the league.

Diallo on 12:08 - Jan 5 with 1459 views1teeminants

Diallo on 12:00 - Jan 5 by JaySaint

When you say took his chance nicely. What do you mean?
The unlucky part was a decent shot, that is about it

Other than that, offered nothing. Hard I know, but this is not the first time.
I thought N'Lundulu had much more about him.

He scored 4 goals the other night ffs albeit for the second team . If that shot would have gone in last night everyone on here would be raving about him, such small margins. He may turn out to be crap but give the kid some slack.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024