Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
R.I.P. Colin Bell 21:05 - Jan 5 with 2263 viewsBlue

One of, if not the best player to pull on a City shirt, in many peoples opinions.

A rare talent that could probably still cut it in the modern game.

Rest easy, Nijinsky, The King.

Oh and Martin Buchan, you're still a c_unt.

Still stood in the Kippax

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 21:07 - Jan 5 with 2262 viewsBlue

Sorry mods, didn't see the other thread, delete this if you wish.

Still stood in the Kippax

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 21:21 - Jan 5 with 2248 viewsSaintNick

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 21:07 - Jan 5 by Blue

Sorry mods, didn't see the other thread, delete this if you wish.

No problem, I saw Colin Bell play in the 1970's he merits two threads in his honour

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 21:54 - Jan 5 with 2222 viewskernow

First saw him at the Dell. He scored the only goal, a 25 yard screamer in the 80th minute.
Saints 0 Bury 1.

What an athlete. RIP marathon man.
R.I.P. Colin Bell on 22:12 - Jan 5 with 2205 viewsdirk_doone

He was one of my favourite players. I saw him play many times in the 60s and 70s, for Bury, Man City and England including the only time he ever captained the national team. R.I.P.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 22:25 - Jan 5 with 2193 viewsChesham_Saint

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 22:12 - Jan 5 by dirk_doone

He was one of my favourite players. I saw him play many times in the 60s and 70s, for Bury, Man City and England including the only time he ever captained the national team. R.I.P.

I think we lost 1-0:to Northern Ireland that game? He deserved better.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 22:45 - Jan 5 with 2174 viewsdirk_doone

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 22:25 - Jan 5 by Chesham_Saint

I think we lost 1-0:to Northern Ireland that game? He deserved better.

Yes, it was a disappointing result. That was a rare victory for Northern Ireland, who won in spite of the fact that George Best, who was set to be the main attraction, pulled out at the last minute. With players like Jennings, Nelson, Neill, Hunter, Irvine and Dougan that was still one of the most talented teams they ever had. England had 3 Man City stars in their lineup, Bell, Summerbee and Marsh, but Ramsey's team seemed to run out of ideas that night.

In many ways when Bell was at Bury, like when Ball was at Blackpool, you saw him at his very best as he was the one and only star in that team and the rest of the players just fed the ball to him. The City team he played in, which got promoted with Saints in 1966, and won the league 2 years later, had many star players: Summerbee, Lee, Young etc. But, for his character and majestic way he ran with the ball, Bell was the classiest.

One of the great things about football in the 70s was that it was still slow enough for skilful inside forwards like Bell, Channon, Bowles and Marsh to go on long, mazy runs through the opposition and skip over tackles from half backs who wanted to inflict serious pain on them, yet none of them ever considered diving. The Argentinians introduced that to the game and by the end of the 70s, it started to rear its ugly head in England for the first time. I don't think Colin Bell ever dived to try to win a free-kick in his entire career. He was above that.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 23:07]

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 22:57 - Jan 5 with 2152 views1885_SFC

RIP Colin Bell.

It took me ages to collect him on the Hartley's Jam jar lids back when I was a very young lad in the early 70's. I had to swap 2 other lids with my bestest friend to get him! Fond memories...

Old School is Cool

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 23:13 - Jan 5 with 2140 viewsdirk_doone

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 22:57 - Jan 5 by 1885_SFC

RIP Colin Bell.

It took me ages to collect him on the Hartley's Jam jar lids back when I was a very young lad in the early 70's. I had to swap 2 other lids with my bestest friend to get him! Fond memories...

Fans of every club in the country, with the possible exception of Man United, admired Colin Bell. He was a great role model.

Login to get fewer ads

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 23:40 - Jan 5 with 2123 viewsChesham_Saint

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 23:13 - Jan 5 by dirk_doone

Fans of every club in the country, with the possible exception of Man United, admired Colin Bell. He was a great role model.

That’s a great collection of badges you have there Dirk. Just wondering why you have one of Sue Lawley in the top right - is she representing Wolves?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 23:43 - Jan 5 with 2113 viewshedgeend61

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 22:57 - Jan 5 by 1885_SFC

RIP Colin Bell.

Never knew they did that collection, got the Esso World Cup coins from 1970.

Just looked it up, that's Ron Davies far left on the bottom row, keeping good company.
R.I.P. Colin Bell on 23:48 - Jan 5 with 2110 viewsdirk_doone

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 23:40 - Jan 5 by Chesham_Saint

That’s a great collection of badges you have there Dirk. Just wondering why you have one of Sue Lawley in the top right - is she representing Wolves?

Unfortunately, I don't have that collection - you'll have to speak to 1885 about that - but I probably wouldn't have kicked Sue Lawley, in her prime, out of bed. I don't think she'd have made my, or anyone else's, top 100 though.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 23:50]

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 23:59 - Jan 5 with 2096 viewshedgeend61

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 23:40 - Jan 5 by Chesham_Saint

Belive it or not, that's Alan Ball.

https://www.mullocksauctions.co.uk/lot-682095-1971_1972_hartleys_football_stars_
R.I.P. Colin Bell on 03:52 - Jan 6 with 2064 views1teeminants

Fantastic player for City and England . I watched him live a few times in the 70’s. RIP Colin Bell

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

R.I.P. Colin Bell on 08:40 - Jan 6 with 2006 viewsSalisburySaint

As others have said great player, one of my favourite players in the 70’s RIP
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024