Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 21:25 - Jan 12 with 1324 viewsSaintsNews

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 12th Jan 2021 21:20
St Mary’s Football Group Ltd, incorporating Southampton Football Club, has released its financial statements for 2019/20, which highlight the significant impact the devastating COVID-19 pandemic had on the Group’s financial performance. 1

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 21:47 - Jan 12 with 1299 viewsSaintsforeverj

So is this is an expected impact of the pandemic or is there more to this? Perhaps they have broken the Saints Promise by not delivering refunds within 14 days of the Man City and West Ham games because they haven't got the money?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 21:48]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 22:40 - Jan 12 with 1240 viewsdirk_doone

Our club is in good hands. Nobody could have achieved better financial results or performance from our team under the circumstances. If Les Reed had still been here, there would have been the usual carnage this transfer window, with Ings and Ward-Prowse being 'encouraged' to join a 'big club' and villified through a Reed PR campaign for doing so. I'm so glad he's gone and that we now have trustworthy people like Semmens.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 23:17 - Jan 12 with 1213 viewsButty101

So according to Nick we are in a better position now than most clubs as our owner has never invested a penny in the club. In the next sentence hes telling us to go and spend loads of money in the club shop to help prop things up. Some people might argue that if we had an owner that invested in the club we wouldn’t need to buy tat from the club shop

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 23:50 - Jan 12 with 1189 viewsdirk_doone

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 23:17 - Jan 12 by Butty101

So according to Nick we are in a better position now than most clubs as our owner has never invested a penny in the club. In the next sentence hes telling us to go and spend loads of money in the club shop to help prop things up. Some people might argue that if we had an owner that invested in the club we wouldn’t need to buy tat from the club shop

At least the current PR emanating from our club is not slagging off our players and turning the fans against them, as lazy , greedy, selfish etc, before they're sold as was always planned.

This is probably the best state our club has been in since the early 80s and I'm grateful to Gao, Semmens, Ralph and the players for that.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 23:51]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 04:56 - Jan 13 with 1138 viewsTripleNiemi

Let's be honest here, Saints do excel in the standard of tat on offer. I mean seriously, i was given the voucher for renewing my season ticket and having looked at the products being sold online and in store decided that i would help the club funds even further by not spending it. Most of it is only fit for landfill.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 08:14 - Jan 13 with 1069 viewsPoirot

So to make the club debt free it would need a cheque for £140 million pounds 😕

The club were fighting the financial mess from failed players and still paying their transfer fees and now Covid has been added.

We need to finish the league as high as possible to get every prize money placing on offer.
Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 11:50 - Jan 13 with 952 viewsSaintNick

Perhaps we might find an owner who would invest in the club, if he could see that the fans are willing to invest in the club as well.

Al I see on here and other sites is people moaning that they haven't been refunded £35 for a cancelled game, moaning that we haven't got a rich owner, moaning that they wont buy a season ticket till they know when the season starts,, moaning that the club shop sells tat, moaning about just about anything they can find to moan at.

It seems to me that many of our supporters, maybe a minority but a very vocal one, expect a club that is the plaything of a rich owner who funds the club, so that they can watch a winning team without having to actually pay much themselves, in essence they want it all handed to them on a plate.

If we did get that and suddenly St Mary's was packed with johnny come latelys supporting a top four side they would then be moaning that they had had a season ticket for the last 10 years up to last summer and now they can't get in.

Ralph Hasenhuttl has created a spirit in his squad that has got us up in the top 6, but the supporters aren't creating a spirit in the fan base that can boost that, it is being dragged down by the constant moaning about one thing or another.

My take is this, I renewed my season ticket because it is what I do, I supported the club at a difficult time, having paid the money it is not cash I expected back, if the club are a little late in paying it, so what I don't need it, if someone really needs £35 that desperately then I would suggest they have far more important things to sort out in their lives than spending time moaning about it on message boards.

Im a cynical old school type, but I can see what other clubs have done, we slag off all of those clubs, but their fans have created an atmosphere around the club and team that is about being loyal week in week out, whether that is Liverpool or Manchester united or even Portsmouth , I have no great love for them, but in the last 20 years they have built up from being a club struggling to get 8,000 to watch them to one with 18,000 every week and making a lot of noise.

Yes they moan a lot and boo their own team, but they are proud of their club and dont spend half their time complaining that they havent had refunds or that the owner hasn't put £40 million in, it truly pains me to actually say this, but they have found a pride in their club whilst too many of our fans have spent so much time moaning that they can't stop doing it.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 12:35 - Jan 13 with 913 viewsA1079

My only meagre contribution to this debate is that I would just say Nick, I have always been a member of Saints (never a season ticket holder as it was never financially achievable for me personally) and paid annually for myself and my son. I wrote to the club during this covid period to ask if memberships are going to be available and that I was willing to continue to subscribe £30 for a year x 2 (one for and one for my son) even recognising that it would be of little use. I realise that is a small sum of money Nick but if a number of members did that, it is still some revenue even if it is a small amount and the pay back from the club could be, that when the day comes that we can go back to attending the games that members that continued through Covid would be higher up on the criteria for certain matches compared to members that did not.

Suffice to say to the above I never received any form of response. I am not a businessman or an economist but my attitude has always been a £1 in the pocket is better than nothing at all and that each £1 counts, so my £30 or £60 isn't going to make even a mild ripple but times that by other contributions and it all adds up. But do the club get that?

I feel less able to comment on season tickets as I have said, I have never purchased one, but impartially I would say that any club has an obligation to return and refund costs for matches not attended unless the individual has indicated they are willing to forego a refund. Few of us can afford to burn large sums of money especially when work and income is uncertain.
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 12:59 - Jan 13 with 896 viewsSaintNick

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 12:35 - Jan 13 by A1079

My only meagre contribution to this debate is that I would just say Nick, I have always been a member of Saints (never a season ticket holder as it was never financially achievable for me personally) and paid annually for myself and my son. I wrote to the club during this covid period to ask if memberships are going to be available and that I was willing to continue to subscribe £30 for a year x 2 (one for and one for my son) even recognising that it would be of little use. I realise that is a small sum of money Nick but if a number of members did that, it is still some revenue even if it is a small amount and the pay back from the club could be, that when the day comes that we can go back to attending the games that members that continued through Covid would be higher up on the criteria for certain matches compared to members that did not.

Suffice to say to the above I never received any form of response. I am not a businessman or an economist but my attitude has always been a £1 in the pocket is better than nothing at all and that each £1 counts, so my £30 or £60 isn't going to make even a mild ripple but times that by other contributions and it all adds up. But do the club get that?

I feel less able to comment on season tickets as I have said, I have never purchased one, but impartially I would say that any club has an obligation to return and refund costs for matches not attended unless the individual has indicated they are willing to forego a refund. Few of us can afford to burn large sums of money especially when work and income is uncertain.

I take your points, as I understand it, the club didn't offer memberships because they were unsure when they were going to get the chance to offer members tickets.

Season ticket holders were expected to be back in by October and would be in a ballot for 10-12k tickets, with the capacity increasing as the virus numbers dropped, which as we all know they didn't.

Truth is they had most of their staff working from home during the summer and seconded to other projects like food parcels and contacting those on the data base who were elderly.

The club have an obligation to refund the cost of a ticket once the fixture hasn't been played, again when the club promised to do that, they were working on the premise that by October the majority of season ticket holders would be getting in to the games and refunds per game would be minimal,

The opposite has been the case and as I understand it the system has found it difficult to cope with the problem increased by the fact that we went into the tiered system in November with people working from home and that situation hasn't really changed.

People aren't burning large sums of money as such, as the refunds have been done on a game per game basis, everyone as I understand it has received their refunds up to November and some for December games, I may be mistaken, Liverpool technically isn't due till next monday, so the most anyone is owed is probably around £100 for 3 games.

The club is not refusing to pay people it just has operational issues with refunding so many in one go .

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 13:00 - Jan 13 with 896 viewsKennington

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 11:50 - Jan 13 by SaintNick

Perhaps we might find an owner who would invest in the club, if he could see that the fans are willing to invest in the club as well.

Al I see on here and other sites is people moaning that they haven't been refunded £35 for a cancelled game, moaning that we haven't got a rich owner, moaning that they wont buy a season ticket till they know when the season starts,, moaning that the club shop sells tat, moaning about just about anything they can find to moan at.

It seems to me that many of our supporters, maybe a minority but a very vocal one, expect a club that is the plaything of a rich owner who funds the club, so that they can watch a winning team without having to actually pay much themselves, in essence they want it all handed to them on a plate.

If we did get that and suddenly St Mary's was packed with johnny come latelys supporting a top four side they would then be moaning that they had had a season ticket for the last 10 years up to last summer and now they can't get in.

Ralph Hasenhuttl has created a spirit in his squad that has got us up in the top 6, but the supporters aren't creating a spirit in the fan base that can boost that, it is being dragged down by the constant moaning about one thing or another.

My take is this, I renewed my season ticket because it is what I do, I supported the club at a difficult time, having paid the money it is not cash I expected back, if the club are a little late in paying it, so what I don't need it, if someone really needs £35 that desperately then I would suggest they have far more important things to sort out in their lives than spending time moaning about it on message boards.

Im a cynical old school type, but I can see what other clubs have done, we slag off all of those clubs, but their fans have created an atmosphere around the club and team that is about being loyal week in week out, whether that is Liverpool or Manchester united or even Portsmouth , I have no great love for them, but in the last 20 years they have built up from being a club struggling to get 8,000 to watch them to one with 18,000 every week and making a lot of noise.

Yes they moan a lot and boo their own team, but they are proud of their club and dont spend half their time complaining that they havent had refunds or that the owner hasn't put £40 million in, it truly pains me to actually say this, but they have found a pride in their club whilst too many of our fans have spent so much time moaning that they can't stop doing it.

Problem with not moaning about the £35 thing is this, assuming Jack Stephens is on £50k a week that’s £2.6m a year. Or if you divide that by £35 it’s 74,000 moaning people for one Stephens. So why if Stephens gets his money should the fans be made guilty for getting their £35 back?

Not picking on Stephens, just assume that’s an average wage for a first team player.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 14:54 - Jan 13 with 845 viewsHeisenberg

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 11:50 - Jan 13 by SaintNick

'Fans willing to invest in the club as well'. You are joking I hope. The cost of tickets for most people is enough. Are we supposed to dig in our pockets to buy crap from the shop in order to make sure that the club can continue to pay massive wages or meet ludicrous agents fees. I suspect Saints are not alone in being a Premier league club being hit financially. Perhaps those on 50 grand a week and more could take a long hard look at themselves when nurses on half of that for a years work are fighting to saves people's lives. Football needs to wake up.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 14:55 - Jan 13 with 843 viewssaints__fan__73

I've done the math(s) boys. If 30,000 fans just buy 90 home shirts every year we'll be breaking even.

As I'm sure Nick will confirm, Scouse and Newcastle fans are already buying 200 shirts each every season which is why they are bigger clubs than us.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 15:07 - Jan 13 with 837 viewsBicester_North

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 12:59 - Jan 13 by SaintNick

I take your points, as I understand it, the club didn't offer memberships because they were unsure when they were going to get the chance to offer members tickets.

Season ticket holders were expected to be back in by October and would be in a ballot for 10-12k tickets, with the capacity increasing as the virus numbers dropped, which as we all know they didn't.

Truth is they had most of their staff working from home during the summer and seconded to other projects like food parcels and contacting those on the data base who were elderly.

The club have an obligation to refund the cost of a ticket once the fixture hasn't been played, again when the club promised to do that, they were working on the premise that by October the majority of season ticket holders would be getting in to the games and refunds per game would be minimal,

The opposite has been the case and as I understand it the system has found it difficult to cope with the problem increased by the fact that we went into the tiered system in November with people working from home and that situation hasn't really changed.

People aren't burning large sums of money as such, as the refunds have been done on a game per game basis, everyone as I understand it has received their refunds up to November and some for December games, I may be mistaken, Liverpool technically isn't due till next monday, so the most anyone is owed is probably around £100 for 3 games.

The club is not refusing to pay people it just has operational issues with refunding so many in one go .

To not respond to the request from A1079 is pretty bad form though.

If any business wants to survive or prosper at the moment they need to make sure their customer service is spot on.

As others have commented, it’s not an attractive option to give hard earned cash to a premier league club when its players are earning ludicrous amounts, a lot of which is going to agents who encourage them to leave or hold the club to ransom for even more money.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 10:09 - Jan 14 with 703 viewsSaintNick

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 14:54 - Jan 13 by Heisenberg

'Fans willing to invest in the club as well'. You are joking I hope. The cost of tickets for most people is enough. Are we supposed to dig in our pockets to buy crap from the shop in order to make sure that the club can continue to pay massive wages or meet ludicrous agents fees. I suspect Saints are not alone in being a Premier league club being hit financially. Perhaps those on 50 grand a week and more could take a long hard look at themselves when nurses on half of that for a years work are fighting to saves people's lives. Football needs to wake up.

What the players earn etc is not the consideration here, we ether want to compete at Premier League level or we dont and are happy to survive in the Championship.

The solution here is simple either the club has to generate income so it can afford to pay players wages and match other clubs or it can sell them to survive.

It seems to me that those who are the first to complain when a player is sold are also the first to complain if they are asked to pay out money themselves.

Truth is that buying tickets these days is not enough, the things that differentiate football clubs are those that have big fan bases who they can generate income from, that starts at merchandising and ends at corporate supporters in hospitality and sponsorship.

The argument about footballers wages and what nurses are paid is not the issue here, in an ideal world Nurses would earn more, but this is not an ideal world.

This is an easy thing to say, but I would say that if we had a poll of everyone on here who earns more than a nurse, not one of them would have turned round to their employer and asked to have their wages reduced and the difference paid to an NHS Charity because they feel they need to look at themselves for earning more.

That doesnt make you a bad person, it just makes you normal and like everyone else you try to get the best wage you can for the job you can do.

Footballers are no different.

I donate to several charitys on a regular basis for varying amounts, here is something i do for the General Hospital perhaps some of you would like to do it as well to do a little to help.

https://southamptonhospitalscharity.org/ways-to-donate/join-our-lottery/

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 10:11 - Jan 14 with 697 viewsSaintNick

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 14:55 - Jan 13 by saints__fan__73

I've done the math(s) boys. If 30,000 fans just buy 90 home shirts every year we'll be breaking even.

As I'm sure Nick will confirm, Scouse and Newcastle fans are already buying 200 shirts each every season which is why they are bigger clubs than us.

Once again thank yo for such an interesting and relevant input to a serious debate.

Please stay safe during this pandemic and if you need me to do any shopping for you etc please let me know

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 10:13 - Jan 14 with 688 viewssaints__fan__73

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 10:11 - Jan 14 by SaintNick

Once again thank yo for such an interesting and relevant input to a serious debate.

Please stay safe during this pandemic and if you need me to do any shopping for you etc please let me know

I'll give it a miss ta. It would be a load of tat from the club shop wouldn't it?

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 11:18 - Jan 14 with 663 viewsSaintNick

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 10:13 - Jan 14 by saints__fan__73

I'll give it a miss ta. It would be a load of tat from the club shop wouldn't it?

Actually It wouldn't be, I know you haven't been able to get out, but only essential shops are open at present so I can only get you groceries etc, although I may be able to get you a Disney DVD or a toy if I go to one of the bigger supermarkets

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 12:04 - Jan 14 with 651 viewssaints__fan__73

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 11:18 - Jan 14 by SaintNick

Actually It wouldn't be, I know you haven't been able to get out, but only essential shops are open at present so I can only get you groceries etc, although I may be able to get you a Disney DVD or a toy if I go to one of the bigger supermarkets

To be blunt, I would assume you would be hard pressed to make it out of your own door due to the large amount of aforementioned tat blocking it.

I know, like a dumb but loyal dog, your heart is in the right place but do you realise how absurd it is to be asking fans to buy replica shirts to help service a £76m debt in the middle of a pandemic when the club, through its own mis-mangement, are still paying Elythingie the Lion's share of his 70k per WEEK to play for another club for the past 2 years.

As with most things you spout, it was fair enough in decades gone by when football was not big business but instead just a sport financed on gate receipts but to be asking what you are today given what PL football has become is laughable.

Liebherr herself has made over £150m in personal wealth from the club so asking us to chip in to help service its debt while she does f'k all is utterly absurd.

In current times there are infinitely more deserving causes if you have some money burning a hole in your pocket than Southampton FC, or indeed any other PL club.

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 12:43 - Jan 14 with 633 viewsSaintNick

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 12:04 - Jan 14 by saints__fan__73

To be blunt, I would assume you would be hard pressed to make it out of your own door due to the large amount of aforementioned tat blocking it.

I know, like a dumb but loyal dog, your heart is in the right place but do you realise how absurd it is to be asking fans to buy replica shirts to help service a £76m debt in the middle of a pandemic when the club, through its own mis-mangement, are still paying Elythingie the Lion's share of his 70k per WEEK to play for another club for the past 2 years.

As with most things you spout, it was fair enough in decades gone by when football was not big business but instead just a sport financed on gate receipts but to be asking what you are today given what PL football has become is laughable.

Liebherr herself has made over £150m in personal wealth from the club so asking us to chip in to help service its debt while she does f'k all is utterly absurd.

In current times there are infinitely more deserving causes if you have some money burning a hole in your pocket than Southampton FC, or indeed any other PL club.

I havent asked fans to buy shirts to service a £76 million pound debt I have just pointed out that in these tough times the club will take any money it can get.

Th club are able to service the loan through borrowing , i rather hoped that you would have known that.

The problem that this club will always have is that it will always have people like you, that never look to what the solution will be but will always point to the problem and say its no use trying to solve a problem lets just harp on about something that happened 3 years ago and keep repeating it.

You keep talking about football decades ago, but in reality not a lot has changed, Liverpool win the league they get £22 million more than Saints in 11th place, that doesn't buy and fund Salah, Mane & Van Dijk.

What funds them is what is generated through merchandising, sponsorship, advertising and match day revenue, gate receipts aren't just someone paying £35 to get in but those part of in Liverpool's case a 4,000 strong executive tier that pays substantially more than that.

Why do Man Utd get £75 million for the shirt sponsor alone when we get about £7 million, the answer is exposure not only on TV but in thousands of people wearing an advert around the world.

Saints are never going to compete with Manchester United or Liverpool, no one can, but we have to try and compete against Leicester and the like.

You say I live in the past, but it is actually you who just look at the money got from the Premier League & TV and fail to realise that for the biggest clubs that is actually not the major part of their income it is about using the fanbase to generate more income.

Every club has to start somewhere and built things up and we have done so over the past 7 years, but are we ever going to win when people like you whinge on about everything.

Perhaps the most sad thing is that you begrudge any money that Katharina Liebherr has made out of the club, her father saved the club at a time when if he hadn't then it would have gone under, Kat also stepped in in 2014 when the club was in danger of going under again, to put it bluntly without her we wouldnt be having this argument, we would be just about back in the Championship if we were lucky when the phoenix club had worked its way back up the leagues.

You are right there are more deserving causes than any football club, there are also more deserving things to do than sit around on web sites and watching TV, most of those who talk about deserving causes actually do f*** all about helping them using the money burning a hole in their pocket

In life there are those who look at the future and how to make it better and others that keep on moaning about the past and try to use the tired old clichés all the time, i try to be part of the solution, you are destined to be always the part of the problem.

Apologies if your post is merely that your idea of humour in trying to wind me up, let me know if that is the case and I am wrong about you, in which case I will contact the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences and see if I can get you a nomination in the "Best portrayal of a ****" category

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 12:56 - Jan 14 with 627 viewsHeisenberg

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 10:09 - Jan 14 by SaintNick

What the players earn etc is not the consideration here, we ether want to compete at Premier League level or we dont and are happy to survive in the Championship.

The solution here is simple either the club has to generate income so it can afford to pay players wages and match other clubs or it can sell them to survive.

It seems to me that those who are the first to complain when a player is sold are also the first to complain if they are asked to pay out money themselves.

Truth is that buying tickets these days is not enough, the things that differentiate football clubs are those that have big fan bases who they can generate income from, that starts at merchandising and ends at corporate supporters in hospitality and sponsorship.

The argument about footballers wages and what nurses are paid is not the issue here, in an ideal world Nurses would earn more, but this is not an ideal world.

This is an easy thing to say, but I would say that if we had a poll of everyone on here who earns more than a nurse, not one of them would have turned round to their employer and asked to have their wages reduced and the difference paid to an NHS Charity because they feel they need to look at themselves for earning more.

That doesnt make you a bad person, it just makes you normal and like everyone else you try to get the best wage you can for the job you can do.

Footballers are no different.

I donate to several charitys on a regular basis for varying amounts, here is something i do for the General Hospital perhaps some of you would like to do it as well to do a little to help.

https://southamptonhospitalscharity.org/ways-to-donate/join-our-lottery/

If I was earning 50 grand a week and my employer turned round and said we are losing a shed load of money would I mind taking a 10 per cent cut during a national crisis I reckon I would just about get by.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 16:54 - Jan 14 with 571 viewsSaintsforeverj

Put it another way, I suspect the club isn't late in paying the players their huge wages, yet after promising fans (The Saints Promise) that refunds would be paid within a set time period, they haven't done it. It's a fair moan I think. It's not about whether fans need it, a promise is a promise. You don't promise as a part of an agreement, and then not do it. At least put an announcement on the website.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 16:55]

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 17:16 - Jan 14 with 551 viewsMytchettSaint

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 16:54 - Jan 14 by Saintsforeverj

Put it another way, I suspect the club isn't late in paying the players their huge wages, yet after promising fans (The Saints Promise) that refunds would be paid within a set time period, they haven't done it. It's a fair moan I think. It's not about whether fans need it, a promise is a promise. You don't promise as a part of an agreement, and then not do it. At least put an announcement on the website.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 16:55]

I’ve got no issue waiting for the money a bit longer. I’m sure the staff in the ticket office dealing with this are facing the same difficulties everyone is. There could be a Covid outbreak amongst them for all I know and they’re running on skeleton staff. I didn’t realise my thread where I enquired if anyone had received payments constituted a “whinge”. That said if they’re struggling to process what I should imagine is a lot of refunds and the workload is problematic a general email letting people know what’s going on wouldn’t be too hard to do.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 17:24 - Jan 14 with 548 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 17:16 - Jan 14 by MytchettSaint

I’ve got no issue waiting for the money a bit longer. I’m sure the staff in the ticket office dealing with this are facing the same difficulties everyone is. There could be a Covid outbreak amongst them for all I know and they’re running on skeleton staff. I didn’t realise my thread where I enquired if anyone had received payments constituted a “whinge”. That said if they’re struggling to process what I should imagine is a lot of refunds and the workload is problematic a general email letting people know what’s going on wouldn’t be too hard to do.

There might be unforeseen circumstances, so put a note on the website. The Saints Promise even has its own logo / moto. Whether fans need the refund or not, imagine entering an agreement with a loan company, and then you are late with payments. We all know what would happen. If they knew that a few staff absences would not enable refunds, they shouldn't have promised it. But the big thing for me is, respect your fans who entered the agreement and send them an email at least. Don't just ignore them and hope they they forget!
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 17:27]

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 19:43 - Jan 14 with 487 views1885_SFC

I take it we're not getting taken over by some Yank anytime soon then?

Old School is Cool

Southampton Issue Financial Accounts For 2019/20 on 23:12 - Jan 14 with 447 viewsericofarabia

Haven't had the chance to through all the posts or even the article itself, but the biggest fear at the moment must be the possibility of falling foul of The Financial Fair Play Rules, with the huge drop in revenue but wage bill staying pretty much the same or not even bigger with several key players signing new contracts and the biggest one of all Danny Ings still in the wings. I think we were pretty close to the cut off point already and hopefully no major players leaving, cutting a normally consistent revenue source, we could be in danger. Will they make allowances though, as pretty much every club are probably in the same boat?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024