Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? 00:00 - Jan 16 with 4338 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19016221.hasenhuttl-says-impact-covid-affects-
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 0:01]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 07:54 - Jan 16 with 2417 viewskernow

£76 million pre tax loss?
Inevitable I would think.
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 09:33 - Jan 16 with 2320 viewsTripleNiemi

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 07:54 - Jan 16 by kernow

£76 million pre tax loss?
Inevitable I would think.

Perhaps its time for a poll on who could be the next club to go tīts......

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 09:59 - Jan 16 with 2286 views1teeminants

I think we’ll reach agreement with Bertrand but I can’t see Ings signing as he could double his wage at Spurs or Arsenal for example. I think he would also start for those two. Really sad to say this but true and we’ve seen it so often .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 10:18 - Jan 16 with 2255 viewsJaySaint

I can see Ings at Arsenal for around £40m in the summer.

oh well....

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 10:51 - Jan 16 with 2216 viewsTripleNiemi

How many posters see Ings departing? I know i can be a bit sentimental and naive at times, but i reckon the guy will stay. Am i being deluded? I know money talks and all that, but....i dunno....perhaps i need to see a doctor.

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 10:53 - Jan 16 with 2214 viewsTripleNiemi

Having said that, if the club do need to raise income that is an entirely different scenario....

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 10:57 - Jan 16 with 2204 viewsgreen

If we have been so adversely affected by the financial implications of covid then why won't other clubs?
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 11:09 - Jan 16 with 2190 viewsJaySaint

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 10:57 - Jan 16 by green

If we have been so adversely affected by the financial implications of covid then why won't other clubs?

because we are southampton. Other clubs are able to spend more but we always have a reason not to.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 12:33 - Jan 16 with 2100 viewskingslandstand1

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 10:51 - Jan 16 by TripleNiemi

How many posters see Ings departing? I know i can be a bit sentimental and naive at times, but i reckon the guy will stay. Am i being deluded? I know money talks and all that, but....i dunno....perhaps i need to see a doctor.

" Am i being deluded?"

Hate to say it, but the fact that the 2 parties have been "having talks" for some time now I think you may be and he will go in the summer. However that may depend on where we finish or look like finishing come April time and if (big if) we look like top 6 he may want to play in Europe with his boyhood club (that may be where I am being deluded though )
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 12:35 - Jan 16 with 2100 viewskingslandstand1

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 11:09 - Jan 16 by JaySaint

because we are southampton. Other clubs are able to spend more but we always have a reason not to.

I don't think we may have a reason but look for reasons

Let's see how much influence Ralph has on the board
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 12:51 - Jan 16 with 2076 viewsKennington

We know the drill, as long as we have owners that although on paper are wealthy but provide nothing but trails of debt during their tenures, means good players will be sold. No point losing any sleep over it. The aim I’m still convinced is for us to be safely in mod table and that’s the owner’s ambition. With that in mind we’re over performing so, from Gao’s perspective selling Ings I’d assume makes sense. Not so much from a fans’ perspective though,

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 13:01 - Jan 16 with 2062 viewskingolaf

I would rather pay Ings more to stay, and go shorter elsewhere.
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 13:32 - Jan 16 with 2020 viewsSonicBoom

We often accuse players of leaving for the money when actually if we paid them more then they would simply be staying for the money. Even if we offered Dany Ings two hundred grand a week, he still wouldn't get to play in the Champions league with Saints, and the options he would be offered would probably all offer a much greater chance of actually winning something. So if he stays he would have to accept that he is not going to win anything in his career.
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 15:54 - Jan 16 with 1922 viewsSaintsforeverj

Unfortunately, this just makes sense. We can get 40 to 50 million in the summer, or slowly watch him lose value as he enters his thirties. Saints need the money, Ings will increase his wages and probably win something elsewhere. But if he does go, I will be disappointed in Ings as a Saints fan. Saints fan, but money is still more important.

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 16:31 - Jan 16 with 1891 viewscocklebreath

Surprisingly not too bothered if he goes, we obviously need the money so if we get 40/50 million for him it stops us going bust. Add 50/60 million for JWP and we’re saved. Diallo replaces JWP and Ndlundlu or wherever he’s called replaces Ings with Walcott signed permanent for a year. Sell Bednerek for 15 million in comes Salisu and we’re loaded.

Next seasons team

McCarthy
Bertrand - vestegaard - Stephens - KWP
Romeu- Dialllo
Armstrong - Redmond
Adams - Walcott

Subs -
Forster
Salisu
Valery
Vokins
Smallbone
Djenepo
Long
Tella
Ndlondulu

Not so bad is it

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 16:35 - Jan 16 with 1890 viewspjt50

I can see this one going the same way as Hojbjerg (but hopefully not to Spurs). Using my head rather than my heart, in the current climate it makes sense to take a decent offer in the summer. Maybe time to look to the future with the likes of Tella & N'Lundulu.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 16:40 - Jan 16 with 1882 viewsSaintsforeverj

The difference here from say Mane, VD, Spider, Shaw is that Ings is older. I can see why they would cash in here. Ings wil only gradually get worse but we do need a good replacement. The younger players deserve a chance but are a risk. I don't think Adams and Walcott will get enough goals.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 16:40]

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 17:04 - Jan 16 with 1844 viewskingolaf

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 16:40 - Jan 16 by Saintsforeverj

The difference here from say Mane, VD, Spider, Shaw is that Ings is older. I can see why they would cash in here. Ings wil only gradually get worse but we do need a good replacement. The younger players deserve a chance but are a risk. I don't think Adams and Walcott will get enough goals.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 16:40]

Ings will get worse? Just like Vardy has.

He is vital for our future.
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 17:13 - Jan 16 with 1822 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 17:04 - Jan 16 by kingolaf

Ings will get worse? Just like Vardy has.

He is vital for our future.

You could view it like that and pay him what he wants, but Ings is injury prone. I suspect that Ings will get injured a lot as he gets older. I would rather him stay but we all know what Saints are. The decision is keep him and Saints are completely skint, with Ings possibly getting injured a lot anyway or we get up to 50 million to make the club financially sound and some money to spend on the team. It's annoying but I am not worried with Ralph at the helm.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 17:15]

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 17:25 - Jan 16 with 1798 viewsSonicBoom

Not sure why people are talking about Tella or N'Lundulu as replacements. That are two kids with a handful of premier league minutes. There's a huge gap between that and becoming a reliable striker at that level. It would be brilliant if they did but the chances are they won't so we'll need another plan.
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 17:48 - Jan 16 with 1759 viewsgreen

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 17:25 - Jan 16 by SonicBoom

Not sure why people are talking about Tella or N'Lundulu as replacements. That are two kids with a handful of premier league minutes. There's a huge gap between that and becoming a reliable striker at that level. It would be brilliant if they did but the chances are they won't so we'll need another plan.

Yes, they might be good but so far I'm not sure they've had a shot on target between them. Difficult to compare them to last season's second highest scorer.
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 17:57 - Jan 16 with 1746 viewscocklebreath

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 17:25 - Jan 16 by SonicBoom

I had them as subs to Walcott and Adams, one day we will produce a great striker, who knows it might be one of them

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 18:09 - Jan 16 with 1722 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 17:57 - Jan 16 by cocklebreath

I had them as subs to Walcott and Adams, one day we will produce a great striker, who knows it might be one of them

They could. The problem is, if they are young and that good, they will be sold.

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 18:21 - Jan 16 with 1704 viewsIanSouthstander

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 10:18 - Jan 16 by JaySaint

I can see Ings at Arsenal for around £40m in the summer.

oh well....

Arsenal have just borrowed £120m from the Bank Of England. which has to be repaid in may, with interest. Its reckoned that with no fans attending games for the remainder of the season , it could well cost them something like £140m in lost income. They took a lot of stick in the last lockdown for making a large number of backroom staff redundant.
Our £76m does look mouth watering , but i think all clubs will be suffering similar if not larger losses than us.
Tottenham have had an even bigger loan. So I cant see who's going to be able to afford to buy Ings.
Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 18:23 - Jan 16 with 1701 viewsTimSaint

Ralph preparing the fans for Ings' departure? on 17:13 - Jan 16 by Saintsforeverj

You could view it like that and pay him what he wants, but Ings is injury prone. I suspect that Ings will get injured a lot as he gets older. I would rather him stay but we all know what Saints are. The decision is keep him and Saints are completely skint, with Ings possibly getting injured a lot anyway or we get up to 50 million to make the club financially sound and some money to spend on the team. It's annoying but I am not worried with Ralph at the helm.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 17:15]

To be fair, I think Ings has done far better with injuries since he has been with us, than most expected.

Not sure of the stats, but he probably played in about 25 games whilst he was here on loan, then followed that up with appearances in every game last season - with a few being from the bench, such as the win a Chelsea, where he was rested.

This season hasn't been so good what with being clobbered at Villa and landing awkwardly on his knee, then being rushed back and doing his hammy and now Covid, but I still think he will feature in 2/3 of the games this season - unless we suddenly sell him in January.

Here's one rumour a mate told me earlier..... Atletico Madrid apparently want Lacazette from Arsenal, so any ideas who they may be lining up to replace him ?

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024