Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shrewsbury 20:56 - Jan 18 with 681 viewsSaintNick

Who went to the game at Shrewsbury in 1993 that saw Saints fans patience with Ian Branfoot snap

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Shrewsbury on 21:39 - Jan 18 with 636 viewsNumber_58

It was a new ground for me so I went. We were so dire at the time I'm not sure if the 2-0 defeat was actually a shock. The attendance for the game at The Dell for the first leg was only a little over 5,000 and was actually lower than the gate at Gay Meadow for the second leg.
Shrewsbury on 22:18 - Jan 18 with 608 viewsSaintNick

Shrewsbury on 21:39 - Jan 18 by Number_58

It was a new ground for me so I went. We were so dire at the time I'm not sure if the 2-0 defeat was actually a shock. The attendance for the game at The Dell for the first leg was only a little over 5,000 and was actually lower than the gate at Gay Meadow for the second leg.

A cold night and as you say a new ground, Saints were woeful

Shrewsbury on 22:19 - Jan 18 with 608 viewsA1079

I was there Nick. For all the things that we have been through, I still regard the appointment and period under Branfoot as the lowest point in my lifetime of supporting and watching Saints. His brand of football was completely alien to us.
Shrewsbury on 22:27 - Jan 18 with 600 viewsMytchettSaint

Does anyone remember the politest pitch invation by an angry Saints fan taking place at the final whistle, he ran around the edge of the pitch not across it to confront Branfoot. His identity is known to me and probably a few others who post on here.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Shrewsbury on 22:38 - Jan 18 with 584 viewsSalisburySaint

Shrewsbury on 22:27 - Jan 18 by MytchettSaint

Does anyone remember the politest pitch invation by an angry Saints fan taking place at the final whistle, he ran around the edge of the pitch not across it to confront Branfoot. His identity is known to me and probably a few others who post on here.

Can’t imagine who you are referring to

Surely not a man sharing a nickname with a notorious criminal, who had an equally famous twin brother ?

Caught up with him a bit later that night when I was walking back to guest house I was staying in that night after I’d finished my curry, he’d just been let out of police station, just too late to get his train back to London, he slept on station got first train back in the morning
Shrewsbury on 23:30 - Jan 18 with 549 viewsSaintNick

Shrewsbury on 22:38 - Jan 18 by SalisburySaint

Can’t imagine who you are referring to

Surely not a man sharing a nickname with a notorious criminal, who had an equally famous twin brother ?

Caught up with him a bit later that night when I was walking back to guest house I was staying in that night after I’d finished my curry, he’d just been let out of police station, just too late to get his train back to London, he slept on station got first train back in the morning

You could have let him sleep on the floor of your room

Shrewsbury on 04:48 - Jan 19 with 498 viewsWints76

I went up to that on Dennis Balcombe's coach. Remember Shrewsbury being really nice with olde worlde pubs and then not even being that shocked that Saints lost and crashed out. Am I right in thinking that the Travel Club didn't even bother with this one?
Shrewsbury on 09:18 - Jan 19 with 404 viewsNumber_58

Shrewsbury on 04:48 - Jan 19 by Wints76

I went up to that on Dennis Balcombe's coach. Remember Shrewsbury being really nice with olde worlde pubs and then not even being that shocked that Saints lost and crashed out. Am I right in thinking that the Travel Club didn't even bother with this one?

Not sure about the Shrewsbury game but the club didn't run a coach to Port Vale later in the season (and I recall the club admitting this was a bad error of judgement). It can't be understated how divided the club and the fans were at the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024