Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People 18:56 - Jan 21 with 2644 viewsBerber

So, Patel (and I am definitely NOT a fan), announces £800 on the spot fines for people attending house parties of 15 or more. She is immediately challenged by the media and the public saying that this just suggests that it is OK to do the same with 14 or less.

The stupid woman did not respond that it remains illegal to meet with more than one person with an on the spot fine of up to £200. Neither did the Shadow Home Sec when asked on LBC if he supported the move (he did). None of the media chumps at the press conference acknowledged this although the BBC has it on its webpage report. meantime usual suspects are up in arms about it (not on here though, where a better class of poster dwells).
Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 19:25 - Jan 21 with 1728 viewsRon11

I wouldn't deny that this government's handling of this pandemic has been mostly a complete shambles.
I've been out of and back in to the UK twice in the last ten months, with no checks whatsoever and no check when in 'isolation' on my return. I could have infected many people, had I been covid positive.
I'm sure many thousand others have.
Now, we can't even move, it's so dire.
Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 19:59 - Jan 21 with 1690 viewssolent_toffee

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 19:25 - Jan 21 by Ron11

I wouldn't deny that this government's handling of this pandemic has been mostly a complete shambles.
I've been out of and back in to the UK twice in the last ten months, with no checks whatsoever and no check when in 'isolation' on my return. I could have infected many people, had I been covid positive.

Didn’t the government say last week that it was around 3% of those that came into the country had been contacted by track and trace?
Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 20:08 - Jan 21 with 1676 viewsHeisenberg

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 19:25 - Jan 21 by Ron11

How do you know you weren't carrying the virus when you went in and out of the country in the last 10 months?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 22:12 - Jan 21 with 1606 viewsSadoldgit

Why not make it an £800 fine for more than one person then you don’t have to worry about confusing people on numbers?
Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 22:22 - Jan 21 with 1588 viewsDorsetIan

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 22:12 - Jan 21 by Sadoldgit

Why not make it an £800 fine for more than one person then you don’t have to worry about confusing people on numbers?

I guess they're worried about proportionality - £800 maybe being too big a jump from the £200 already.

But the randomness of 14/15 does leave people thinking that it doesn't make any sense.

No doubt Patel worked it all out

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 22:35 - Jan 21 with 1570 viewsthissceptredsaint

Meanwhile New Zealand is having Music festivals, cricket the lot........but then again only 25 people died......
Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 22:39 - Jan 21 with 1563 viewsBison

If we have the worse rate in the world surely you would have less chance of bringing it back than if you had just stayed here and took the same precautions ?

When I fly I always take a bomb with me because what's the chances of there being 2 bombs on a plane.....

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 09:01 - Jan 22 with 1481 viewsSaintNick

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 22:22 - Jan 21 by DorsetIan

I guess they're worried about proportionality - £800 maybe being too big a jump from the £200 already.

But the randomness of 14/15 does leave people thinking that it doesn't make any sense.

No doubt Patel worked it all out

I cant believe that people make an argument about every little thing, now on this thread it is about why Patel picked a particular figure for the £800 fine mark.

It it a petty moan, what does it matter, it had to be one number or another any other number than one extra person in the house would be random, so what the **** does it matter.

There far more important things to get on with in these troubled times than producing a detailed report saying how the number was worked out

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 09:25 - Jan 22 with 1461 viewsSadoldgit

I think you have missed the point Nick. It isn’t a petty moan about the figure. It is about the apparent lack of thought behind the decision making process in the first place that leads to so much confusion or non compliance of the rules. It isn’t the size of the fine that is the issue. There is one fine for one type of gathering, another for another type. We are told not to go too far from home and some people are fined for travelling 5 miles and others not for travelling 7 miles. Then we are told it is left to the discretion of the person issuing the fine? Seriously, it just breeds confusion and is pretty much how our government have dealt with the pandemic from day 1. A serious of knee jerk reactive measures made often too late, poorly thought out and executed.
You want people to pull together, fine. But wouldn’t it be nice to have some leaders that you had some confidence in with well thought out and executed long term strategies who gave you strong reasons for your support?
Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 11:04 - Jan 22 with 1413 viewsSaintNick

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 09:25 - Jan 22 by Sadoldgit

I think you have missed the point Nick. It isn’t a petty moan about the figure. It is about the apparent lack of thought behind the decision making process in the first place that leads to so much confusion or non compliance of the rules. It isn’t the size of the fine that is the issue. There is one fine for one type of gathering, another for another type. We are told not to go too far from home and some people are fined for travelling 5 miles and others not for travelling 7 miles. Then we are told it is left to the discretion of the person issuing the fine? Seriously, it just breeds confusion and is pretty much how our government have dealt with the pandemic from day 1. A serious of knee jerk reactive measures made often too late, poorly thought out and executed.
You want people to pull together, fine. But wouldn’t it be nice to have some leaders that you had some confidence in with well thought out and executed long term strategies who gave you strong reasons for your support?

Im not missing the point, why does anyone need to know the thought process behind the number of people needed and the level of fine etc.

That is simple it is a rule obey it, if you choose to break the rules then you know what the parameters are, end of.

Yes I can see that the distance travelled is open to interpretation, but how long is a piece of string, everyone lives in different types of area, some can walk 200 yards and are in a big park, some have to drive 5 miles, the real issue is not about the rules but how people are abusing them.

You complain about the issuing people having discretion like it is a bad thing, yes it is open to interpretation , but discretion is better than having a hard and fast rule, simple thing is just to say you cannot drive to excercise , that would solve the problem over night,

Sorry bt I have no confidence in any of our leaders at the moment in any of the parties, I had hoped keir Starmer would be a breath of fresh air, but he has just turned out to be a serious moaner, anything the government says he will find something to object to, not once has he stood up and said "this is a difficult situation we may not agree with the rules but just stick with them"

He should be standing up and offering to work with the government and vice versa for that matter .

One thing about this pandemic is that you can never have a well thought out and executed long term strategy, we have had to go into it completely blind, sometimes right decisions are made, at other times bad ones, its like being at a crossroads with no road signs, it is just guessing.

Then just as you think a strategy is working then the rules all completely change.

This new strain is a prime example of that, truth is what works in some areas doesn't work in others

I'm sick to death of people moaning about things i'm sick to death of politics playing a part in this.

It needs a cross party alliance to suspend parliament and work together and then bicker about it when Covid 19 has been defeated.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 11:26 - Jan 22 with 1398 viewsSaintsforeverj

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 11:04 - Jan 22 by SaintNick

Im not missing the point, why does anyone need to know the thought process behind the number of people needed and the level of fine etc.

That is simple it is a rule obey it, if you choose to break the rules then you know what the parameters are, end of.

Yes I can see that the distance travelled is open to interpretation, but how long is a piece of string, everyone lives in different types of area, some can walk 200 yards and are in a big park, some have to drive 5 miles, the real issue is not about the rules but how people are abusing them.

You complain about the issuing people having discretion like it is a bad thing, yes it is open to interpretation , but discretion is better than having a hard and fast rule, simple thing is just to say you cannot drive to excercise , that would solve the problem over night,

Sorry bt I have no confidence in any of our leaders at the moment in any of the parties, I had hoped keir Starmer would be a breath of fresh air, but he has just turned out to be a serious moaner, anything the government says he will find something to object to, not once has he stood up and said "this is a difficult situation we may not agree with the rules but just stick with them"

He should be standing up and offering to work with the government and vice versa for that matter .

One thing about this pandemic is that you can never have a well thought out and executed long term strategy, we have had to go into it completely blind, sometimes right decisions are made, at other times bad ones, its like being at a crossroads with no road signs, it is just guessing.

Then just as you think a strategy is working then the rules all completely change.

This new strain is a prime example of that, truth is what works in some areas doesn't work in others

I'm sick to death of people moaning about things i'm sick to death of politics playing a part in this.

It needs a cross party alliance to suspend parliament and work together and then bicker about it when Covid 19 has been defeated.

Totally agree with this Nick. It's quite simple. Stay at home. You are not allowed to mix with any other household unless for a few specific reasons. If you get caught mixing with 1 or more other person in your house, you get fined 200 pounds. If you are having big parties over 15 people, the fine is 800 pounds. But ultimately, just don't mix with anyone at all. Are people kids in a school? Do they not understand that they just need to not mix with anyone? It's really not difficult.

You can exercise locally. If you cycle on your own to and from your house for 8 miles without being in contact with anyone, that is ok. If you exercise with 5 other people within a mile of your house, and stop for a picnic l, that is not ok. There may be the odd confusion by specific police officers, but as you say, so many blame the government, not the people breaking the obvious rules. Stay at home and don't mix with anyone. Wear a mask when you are out, don't mix with anyone, keep 2 metres apart. It's not difficult to understand the rules really.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 11:28]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 11:32 - Jan 22 with 1387 viewsSalisburySaint

surely they could have got a few more quid out of them than £10k

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55764673
Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 11:34 - Jan 22 with 1387 viewsgrumpy

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 11:04 - Jan 22 by SaintNick

'I had hoped keir Starmer would be a breath of fresh air, but he has just turned out to be a serious moaner, anything the government says he will find something to object to, not once has he stood up and said "this is a difficult situation we may not agree with the rules but just stick with them"'

That's not true,Keir Starmer has stood with the government on numerous occasions and offered to sit round a table and sort problems out with the Government ie schools.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/keir-starmer-boris-johnson-school
reopen-coronavirus-pmqs-a9546661.html

Its his job to hold the government to account on what he thinks is not going right, but when he does he's just moaning is he?
Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 12:04 - Jan 22 with 1355 viewsBazza

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 11:34 - Jan 22 by grumpy

'I had hoped keir Starmer would be a breath of fresh air, but he has just turned out to be a serious moaner, anything the government says he will find something to object to, not once has he stood up and said "this is a difficult situation we may not agree with the rules but just stick with them"'

That's not true,Keir Starmer has stood with the government on numerous occasions and offered to sit round a table and sort problems out with the Government ie schools.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/keir-starmer-boris-johnson-school
reopen-coronavirus-pmqs-a9546661.html

Its his job to hold the government to account on what he thinks is not going right, but when he does he's just moaning is he?

Starmer's certainly is moaning if he doesn't ever make alternative suggestions. Still waiting for those. The country needs all the bright ideas it can get.
Starmer keeps asking for the 'government plans' which he surely knows have to change frequently to keep up with the unpredictable virus and people behaviour patterns.
Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 12:38 - Jan 22 with 1336 viewsgrumpy

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 12:04 - Jan 22 by Bazza

Starmer's certainly is moaning if he doesn't ever make alternative suggestions. Still waiting for those. The country needs all the bright ideas it can get.
Starmer keeps asking for the 'government plans' which he surely knows have to change frequently to keep up with the unpredictable virus and people behaviour patterns.

He has had alternative suggestions, like shutting down earlier and schools etc.
Some just handle their dear old Boris being held to account for the mistakes he and his friends make.
Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 13:07 - Jan 22 with 1319 viewsBazza

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 12:38 - Jan 22 by grumpy

He has had alternative suggestions, like shutting down earlier and schools etc.
Some just handle their dear old Boris being held to account for the mistakes he and his friends make.

We can all be wise in retrospect. Especially those calling for Special Reviews of events which will be very costly, using some top barrister, will take years and with all its findings ignored.
The only useful suggestion I've noted is to have cross-party discussions on major issues but these never seem to gain traction.
Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 13:14 - Jan 22 with 1315 viewsgrumpy

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 13:07 - Jan 22 by Bazza

We can all be wise in retrospect. Especially those calling for Special Reviews of events which will be very costly, using some top barrister, will take years and with all its findings ignored.
The only useful suggestion I've noted is to have cross-party discussions on major issues but these never seem to gain traction.

Its not being 'wise in retrospect 'its learning from your mistakes which this government finds it so hard to admit.

'The only useful suggestion I've noted is to have cross-party discussions '
I wonder who called for that?
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 13:40]
Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 14:12 - Jan 22 with 1291 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55768033

R rate has decreased to below 1. Good news.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 15:56 - Jan 22 with 1255 viewsDorsetIan

What everyone is forgetting is that this pandemic hit when the govt - lead by Dominic Cummings - had just been elected and was hell bent on shaking everything up.

It had a mindset that was the polar opposition of the type of collegiate 'government of national unity' type idea that now seems so attractive. It was all about Cummings throwing his weight around and that means that all the decisions with theirs alone. A lot of those decisions have proved to be disastrous.

Everything seems slightly more sensible and balanced now but with idiots like Patel and Williamson still making some of the calls, there are still going to be problems.

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 16:11 - Jan 22 with 1239 viewsgeezershoong1

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 15:56 - Jan 22 by DorsetIan

What everyone is forgetting is that this pandemic hit when the govt - lead by Dominic Cummings - had just been elected and was hell bent on shaking everything up.

It had a mindset that was the polar opposition of the type of collegiate 'government of national unity' type idea that now seems so attractive. It was all about Cummings throwing his weight around and that means that all the decisions with theirs alone. A lot of those decisions have proved to be disastrous.

Everything seems slightly more sensible and balanced now but with idiots like Patel and Williamson still making some of the calls, there are still going to be problems.

I don't remember voting for Alastair Campbell tbh.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 16:18 - Jan 22 with 1229 viewsDorsetIan

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 16:11 - Jan 22 by geezershoong1

I don't remember voting for Alastair Campbell tbh.

I don't remember Alistair Campbell having a pandemic to deal with.

You trying to suggest that you voted for Blair?

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 16:33 - Jan 22 with 1215 viewsSadoldgit

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 12:04 - Jan 22 by Bazza

Starmer has been making alternative suggestions ever since he became leader of the Labour Party, many of which the government have now adopted. He has also supported the government where he feels that they deserve support. It makes a change to have a sensible grown up speaking about the current important issues rather than Bumbling Boris.
Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 16:36 - Jan 22 with 1209 viewsJaySaint

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 16:33 - Jan 22 by Sadoldgit

Starmer has been making alternative suggestions ever since he became leader of the Labour Party, many of which the government have now adopted. He has also supported the government where he feels that they deserve support. It makes a change to have a sensible grown up speaking about the current important issues rather than Bumbling Boris.

NO he has not. He has asked for MORE of what the Govt is already doing.

Govt Lockdown, Starmer wants them to lockdown harder and longer.
Govt dish out record amounts of money to the public, Starmer wants them to give more.

Just take a peek at Labour's handling in wales to see that they would not fair any better nationally. I mean, imagine if Boris copied Drakeford's policy of RETAINING vaccines so not to run out too quickly....

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 16:57 - Jan 22 with 1194 viewsDorsetIan

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 16:36 - Jan 22 by JaySaint

NO he has not. He has asked for MORE of what the Govt is already doing.

Govt Lockdown, Starmer wants them to lockdown harder and longer.
Govt dish out record amounts of money to the public, Starmer wants them to give more.

Just take a peek at Labour's handling in wales to see that they would not fair any better nationally. I mean, imagine if Boris copied Drakeford's policy of RETAINING vaccines so not to run out too quickly....

I love all this stuff about Starmer and Covid. He's not been in charge, so it's all pretty academic.

And as the UK pretty much tops the league in how bad this thing has been handled, its absolutely fair enough to conclude that Boris and his mates messed this up (at least early days).

As for dishing out public money. It would be bad enough if it had been spent well. The fact is that a lot of it has been handed over to useless Tory hangers on.

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 17:14 - Jan 22 with 1176 viewsJaySaint

Pritti Patel, House Parties, £800 fines and Ignorance Influencial People on 16:57 - Jan 22 by DorsetIan

I love all this stuff about Starmer and Covid. He's not been in charge, so it's all pretty academic.

And as the UK pretty much tops the league in how bad this thing has been handled, its absolutely fair enough to conclude that Boris and his mates messed this up (at least early days).

As for dishing out public money. It would be bad enough if it had been spent well. The fact is that a lot of it has been handed over to useless Tory hangers on.

Labour run wales. There is your peek on how equally bad it would have been with Labour in power.

Tories have done badly. So have Labour (and the SNP).

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024