Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens 18:41 - Jan 23 with 2063 viewsButty101

17mins long talks about ings and Salisu, Ralph is convinced that he will be a great signing. Ings is happy here and has no issues. He is happy with the money offered but doesn’t want to make a now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p094xq72
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 18:49]

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 19:08 - Jan 23 with 1992 viewssaint22

Will European football keep Danny happy?
Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 19:38 - Jan 23 with 1948 viewsdirk_doone

I think the internet fans need to get off Danny Ings' back. He is clearly happy here and wants to help get us into Europe, hopefully as FA Cup winners. Unfortunately, his agent and the Spurs' fans in the media are stirring things up.

[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 22:23]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 20:21 - Jan 23 with 1880 viewsIngskneeslide

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 19:38 - Jan 23 by dirk_doone

I think the internet fans need to get off Danny Ings' back. He is clearly happy here and wants to help get us into Europe, hopefully as FA Cup winners. Unfortunately, his agent and the Spurs' fans in the media are stirring things up.

A bit like some fans jumping on a completely made up rumour about Salisu and dismissing him as a fair weather player that will never play a game for Saints unless it’s sunny, eh Dirk?
Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 20:57 - Jan 23 with 1833 viewsdirk_doone

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 20:21 - Jan 23 by Ingskneeslide

A bit like some fans jumping on a completely made up rumour about Salisu and dismissing him as a fair weather player that will never play a game for Saints unless it’s sunny, eh Dirk?

I don't know. What was that made up rumour and who was the source of it? Bizarrely, I think it was Salisu who said he didn't like the English weather. I've never heard Danny Ings complaining. I know you like to argue with me about everything and I really don't mind because you always lose.

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 21:07 - Jan 23 with 1806 viewsSaintsforeverj

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 19:38 - Jan 23 by dirk_doone

I take your point Dirk, but the question still remains and understandably so in fans' minds- why hasn't he signed? I haven't heard the interview, but the poster said Ings is happy with the money, so if Ings is happy here, why hasn't he signed? Is it because he wants to leave if something better comes along? Is that not a little non-committal or a little unfair on the club to leave it hanging, when a contract has been offered? If he was that happy, surely he would sign?

Does is not come across as I'm happy here but but I'm not signing because I might get something better?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 21:21]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 21:18 - Jan 23 with 1768 viewskernow

Excellent interview, succinct and to the point, no flannel, no waffle.
Compare that with his predecessor.
Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 21:44 - Jan 23 with 1716 viewsIngskneeslide

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 20:57 - Jan 23 by dirk_doone

I don't know. What was that made up rumour and who was the source of it? Bizarrely, I think it was Salisu who said he didn't like the English weather. I've never heard Danny Ings complaining. I know you like to argue with me about everything and I really don't mind because you always lose.

Dirk, this is a football forum, people are going to pull you up on the daft stuff you say now and again, don’t take it so seriously ffs. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. UTS
Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 21:50 - Jan 23 with 1698 viewsdirk_doone

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 21:44 - Jan 23 by Ingskneeslide

Dirk, this is a football forum, people are going to pull you up on the daft stuff you say now and again, don’t take it so seriously ffs. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. UTS

Saints have just beaten Arsenal in the FA Cup. We might even win it again this year. Lighten up. There is more to life than picking arguments on the internet.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/members/Ingskneeslide
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 21:54]

Login to get fewer ads

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 22:00 - Jan 23 with 1680 viewsIngskneeslide

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 21:50 - Jan 23 by dirk_doone

Saints have just beaten Arsenal in the FA Cup. We might even win it again this year. Lighten up. There is more to life than picking arguments on the internet.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/members/Ingskneeslide
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 21:54]

I don’t think you’ve got the hang of this forum lark Dirk, people generally have different points of view on them. I think Salisu will go on to be a very good player for us based on what RH and MS have said about him, you think he’s in hibernation and can’t wait to go back Spain. I think that’s a silly opinion, but what does it matter what I think anyway? Don’t be so sensitive, it’s good to admit you’re wrong now and again.

Anyway, for what it’s worth I think we’ll beat Wolves and hopefully we can stay in the cup long enough for the sun to come out in time for Salisu’s debut in the final 😉
Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 22:06 - Jan 23 with 1665 viewsdirk_doone

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 22:00 - Jan 23 by Ingskneeslide

I don’t think you’ve got the hang of this forum lark Dirk, people generally have different points of view on them. I think Salisu will go on to be a very good player for us based on what RH and MS have said about him, you think he’s in hibernation and can’t wait to go back Spain. I think that’s a silly opinion, but what does it matter what I think anyway? Don’t be so sensitive, it’s good to admit you’re wrong now and again.

Anyway, for what it’s worth I think we’ll beat Wolves and hopefully we can stay in the cup long enough for the sun to come out in time for Salisu’s debut in the final 😉

I'm literally laughing at how sensitive you are.

My post that netted you: "I think the internet fans need to get off Danny Ings' back. He is clearly happy here and wants to help get us into Europe, hopefully as FA Cup winners. Unfortunately, his agent and the Spurs' fans in the media are stirring things up."

[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 9:08]

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 22:14 - Jan 23 with 1643 viewsIngskneeslide

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 22:06 - Jan 23 by dirk_doone

I'm literally laughing at how sensitive you are.

My post that netted you: "I think the internet fans need to get off Danny Ings' back. He is clearly happy here and wants to help get us into Europe, hopefully as FA Cup winners. Unfortunately, his agent and the Spurs' fans in the media are stirring things up."

[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 9:08]

Get some rest Dirk. UTS
Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 22:20 - Jan 23 with 1625 viewsdirk_doone

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 22:14 - Jan 23 by Ingskneeslide

Get some rest Dirk. UTS

It's only 10.18pm. You really are taking a beating tonight, aren't you? Think twice before you start it next time then you won't look quite so stupid.

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 22:32 - Jan 23 with 1595 viewsIngskneeslide

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 22:20 - Jan 23 by dirk_doone

It's only 10.18pm. You really are taking a beating tonight, aren't you? Think twice before you start it next time then you won't look quite so stupid.

Getting a bit weird now Dirk. Will you send round the heavies if I take the mick out of your strange views and predictions again. I haven’t seen you like this since the good old days of discussing whether Saints needed a ‘Kop’ end
Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 22:39 - Jan 23 with 1581 viewsdirk_doone

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 22:32 - Jan 23 by Ingskneeslide

Getting a bit weird now Dirk. Will you send round the heavies if I take the mick out of your strange views and predictions again. I haven’t seen you like this since the good old days of discussing whether Saints needed a ‘Kop’ end

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 22:47 - Jan 23 with 1570 viewsIngskneeslide

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 22:39 - Jan 23 by dirk_doone

The genius of Reeves and Mortimer - now there’s something we can agree on
Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 10:52 - Jan 24 with 1312 viewskingslandstand1

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 22:00 - Jan 23 by Ingskneeslide

If I can just interject on this conversation, I'm hoping that we can actually BE at Wembley to see him in that Final

Now then, where were you ...................
Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 13:19 - Jan 24 with 1209 viewsSadoldgit

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 21:07 - Jan 23 by Saintsforeverj

I take your point Dirk, but the question still remains and understandably so in fans' minds- why hasn't he signed? I haven't heard the interview, but the poster said Ings is happy with the money, so if Ings is happy here, why hasn't he signed? Is it because he wants to leave if something better comes along? Is that not a little non-committal or a little unfair on the club to leave it hanging, when a contract has been offered? If he was that happy, surely he would sign?

Does is not come across as I'm happy here but but I'm not signing because I might get something better?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 21:21]

There is clearly no story. He he is happy at the moment and wants to keep his options open at the end of his contract. Why read anything else into it? Why would a sane person do anything else? If he was a money grabber he would have signed the contract and would doa VVD down the line. The guy is behaving professionally. Let’s just enjoy him while he is here and worrying about him leaving when he goes.
Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 13:38 - Jan 24 with 1188 viewsSaintsforeverj

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 13:19 - Jan 24 by Sadoldgit

There is clearly no story. He he is happy at the moment and wants to keep his options open at the end of his contract. Why read anything else into it? Why would a sane person do anything else? If he was a money grabber he would have signed the contract and would doa VVD down the line. The guy is behaving professionally. Let’s just enjoy him while he is here and worrying about him leaving when he goes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/18493005.amp/

This is what Ralph said about Hojbjerg re. going into the last of contract.

“We must look at what we have. I think we should avoid letting players go without a transfer fee. This is what we should avoid.

“It’s not good to go into the last year of your contract"

Nobody is saying Ings is behaving unprofessionally, but Ralph makes a reasonable point. Fans will naturally have a few doubts, but ultimately yes we have to enjoy having him here, until he goes.

[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 15:04]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 13:51 - Jan 24 with 1157 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

I appreciate very much Butty101 for taking the time to post this interview THANK YOU. For us supporters that support Saints from a far - we rarely get to hear such a good interviews? Personally I believe that Ralph is doing a fantastic job - without having all the assets of a massive club?

Perhaps , in hindsight ( we will probably never find out ? ) the 9-0 drubbing by Leicester was a blessing in disguise - as it seems that was the start for Ralph to think about hitting " the reset button " with different idea's and way of operating! He has constructed a team - that will not only work hard for each other - but seem very happy and contented doing so! PLUS having such a brilliant Academy bringing our youngsters through - we can very well look forward to being in the top flight -- for many years to come.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 14:05]

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 15:13 - Jan 24 with 1078 views1885_SFC

Win the FA Cup of course (big ask I know), and we're automatically into the Europa League next season.

Old School is Cool

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 15:31 - Jan 24 with 1060 viewsBerber

Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 22:20 - Jan 23 by dirk_doone

Part of the problem with internet forums is that people act like they have to win the argument. It doesn't make any difference if you do or not, it isn't the "real" world.
Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 17:23 - Jan 24 with 995 viewsPoirot

I simply don’t understand the clubs stance unless there is some juicy fee clause on selling him. Our prized asset allowed to run a contract down is crazy. Either the club or the agent was making noise last October regarding a new contract. When the media have asked Ralph, he clearly has said that he wants him to sign, but talked about wages that only we can afford.
Good saints interview on radio Solent with Semmens on 10:41 - Jan 25 with 786 viewsSadoldgit

When you sign a player you take a chance of them running their contract down and leaving for free. They agree to play for you for 4 or 5 years for an agreed some of money. There is nothing wrong with that premise. It is up to the club to decided whether to seek to extend the contract, to cash in on the player before the contract expires or to let it expire. The player will have his own thoughts on these various options too. It is a business and both sides will seek to do what is best for them.
In this case it would seem that we are doing what we can within our means to keep the player here. The player has decided to keep his options open so far, which is fair enough. If he wants Champions League football it makes perfect sense to see what offers come his way in the summer. I can’t see him running his contract down at his age, but if he does, he has seen out his part of the agreement, so what is the problem? We have got what we paid for. It would mean him leaving for free in the January window though so no guarantee the club he goes to will get Champions league football. He will also be approaching 31.
So the likelihood of him running down his contract isn’t high although if he does he has fulfilled his side of the agreement. He is likely to sign a contract extension or leave for a fee in the summer.
In this long winded post, my point is that in none of these scenarios does the club get treated badly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024