Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to Brexit 20:04 - Jan 24 with 7934 viewsinthebox

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/24/bill-for-boris-johnson-bre
Welcome to Brexit on 21:17 - Jan 29 with 1370 viewsJaySaint

now, the Aussies are pished.

Got to love the EU, eh?

[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 21:17]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Welcome to Brexit on 21:21 - Jan 29 with 1359 views1885_SFC

Welcome to Brexit on 21:11 - Jan 29 by dirk_doone

We've not only gained bureacracy, we've lost our sovereignty:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55849864

Cue the (laughable) Spanish navy to send incursions into Gibraltar waters tomorrow. They never miss an opportunity!

Old School is Cool

Welcome to Brexit on 21:24 - Jan 29 with 1350 viewsSaintsforeverj

Welcome to Brexit on 21:17 - Jan 29 by JaySaint

now, the Aussies are pished.

Got to love the EU, eh?

[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 21:17]

All countries condemming the aggressive and unacceptable actions of the EU. Total agreement about their despicable actions. But it doesn't surprise me or you does it.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Welcome to Brexit on 21:24 - Jan 29 with 1347 viewsdirk_doone

Welcome to Brexit on 21:21 - Jan 29 by 1885_SFC

Cue the (laughable) Spanish navy to send incursions into Gibraltar waters tomorrow. They never miss an opportunity!

A Cold War has started between the UK and Europe. We can expect boycotts of British goods in the future.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Welcome to Brexit on 21:29 - Jan 29 with 1330 viewsJaySaint

Welcome to Brexit on 21:24 - Jan 29 by dirk_doone

A Cold War has started between the UK and Europe. We can expect boycotts of British goods in the future.

im sure you agree, the EU have acted disgracefully. breaking their own and international laws within 1 month

Welcome to Brexit on 21:29 - Jan 29 with 1330 views1885_SFC

Ah well. We had 29-days of peace. Great while it lasted.

It's a good job I've still got my Nuclear Biological Chemical Defence suit, gas mask, and a 1982-dated Argentinian ration pack still in the loft...

Old School is Cool

Welcome to Brexit on 21:32 - Jan 29 with 1322 viewskernow

Another Brexit bonus.
Brilliant.
Welcome to Brexit on 21:44 - Jan 29 with 1300 views1885_SFC

When those tiny little cracks start to appear...

Markus Söder, the Bavarian premier and Germany's possible future chancellor, told ZDF television on Friday that it was his impression that the commission "ordered too late, and only bet on a few companies, they agreed on a price in a typically bureaucratic EU procedure and completely underestimated the fundamental importance of the situation."

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to Brexit on 21:57 - Jan 29 with 1278 viewskernow

Welcome to Brexit on 21:29 - Jan 29 by JaySaint

im sure you agree, the EU have acted disgracefully. breaking their own and international laws within 1 month

No I'm struggling to recall agreeing with anything you've ever written. No offence meant but take it as you find it.
Welcome to Brexit on 21:59 - Jan 29 with 1272 viewsJaySaint

Welcome to Brexit on 21:57 - Jan 29 by kernow

No I'm struggling to recall agreeing with anything you've ever written. No offence meant but take it as you find it.

I bet you are the sort who walks in on a remainder ploughing your wife and make him a cuppa and iron his socks

Welcome to Brexit on 22:04 - Jan 29 with 1269 viewsdirk_doone

History has taught us that peace doesn't last long in Europe. The EU was our best hope of maintaining it. Now, it looks like we're sliding towards gunboat diplomacy again. The obvious flashpoints will be the fishing fleets, Gibraltar and Northern Ireland. A lot will depend on how the Americans react. During the Suez Crisis they turned against us. Biden seems to be the type of person who will be a peacemaker but it's rumoured that he favours Irish interests above the UK's. We'll see. Hopefully, he will help us out of this mess.

I see the Daily Mail is quick to get the War headline on its front page. It sounds like the UK has won the first battle over Northern Ireland. The EU has backed down. But this is going to be a very long cold war. Exactly what the Russians paid for.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 22:10]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Welcome to Brexit on 22:06 - Jan 29 with 1261 viewskernow

Welcome to Brexit on 21:44 - Jan 29 by 1885_SFC

When those tiny little cracks start to appear...

Markus Söder, the Bavarian premier and Germany's possible future chancellor, told ZDF television on Friday that it was his impression that the commission "ordered too late, and only bet on a few companies, they agreed on a price in a typically bureaucratic EU procedure and completely underestimated the fundamental importance of the situation."

Opinions are welcome except when masquerading as fact.
Welcome to Brexit on 22:07 - Jan 29 with 1261 viewsJaySaint

Welcome to Brexit on 22:04 - Jan 29 by dirk_doone

History has taught us that peace doesn't last long in Europe. The EU was our best hope of maintaining it. Now, it looks like we're sliding towards gunboat diplomacy again. The obvious flashpoints will be the fishing fleets, Gibraltar and Northern Ireland. A lot will depend on how the Americans react. During the Suez Crisis they turned against us. Biden seems to be the type of person who will be a peacemaker but it's rumoured that he favours Irish interests above the UK's. We'll see. Hopefully, he will help us out of this mess.

I see the Daily Mail is quick to get the War headline on its front page. It sounds like the UK has won the first battle over Northern Ireland. The EU has backed down. But this is going to be a very long cold war. Exactly what the Russians paid for.

The EU have backed down with Ireland. Quite disgraceful behaviour by them.

Welcome to Brexit on 22:11 - Jan 29 with 1252 viewskernow

Welcome to Brexit on 21:59 - Jan 29 by JaySaint

I bet you are the sort who walks in on a remainder ploughing your wife and make him a cuppa and iron his socks

Ha ha. Sensitive little soul you are.
Bless your (ironed) cotton socks.
Welcome to Brexit on 06:42 - Jan 30 with 1171 viewsBerber

If the EU works to the premise that if you aren't with us, you are against us, then of course there will be frictions and possibly emnity. The EU Justice Commissioner suggesting that it is the UK that is at fault here (regarding a poor contract between the EU and a commercial supplier) was indicative of the post Brexit attitude within the EU organisations. We are not in the EU therefore we must be an enemy and working against them.

The US turned against us in the Suez crisis because frankly, we were wrong, not because they are anti British. Remember, we were acting in tandem with France at the time.

But I think there are some rocky times ahead. With EU the vaccination programme taking so long, there will be a need for prolonged lockdowns, and a travel ban from the UK over the summer would put the European tourist industries in a perilous state. Imagine too, the french being told they can't go on holiday in August?

The EU have shown that they are determined to throw their weight around to get what they want. No doubt, we would do the same, but "The 27 nations are unanimous on this?" Don't expect that to be reflected in reality.
Welcome to Brexit on 08:22 - Jan 30 with 1145 viewsButty101

Welcome to Brexit on 22:06 - Jan 29 by kernow

Opinions are welcome except when masquerading as fact.

https://www.politico.eu/article/markus-soder-slams-eu-coronavirus-vaccine-delays

Looks like what he said was a fact sunshine.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Welcome to Brexit on 08:42 - Jan 30 with 1136 viewskernow

Welcome to Brexit on 08:22 - Jan 30 by Butty101

https://www.politico.eu/article/markus-soder-slams-eu-coronavirus-vaccine-delays

Looks like what he said was a fact sunshine.

“In my opinion – that’s my impression – the order was placed too late, and then only a few [pharmaceutical] companies were chosen,” Söder told public broadcaster ZDF, adding “operational responsibility clearly lay with [Brussels].”

"In my opinion".....like the man said, dull and overcast..
Welcome to Brexit on 10:43 - Jan 30 with 1082 viewsButty101

Welcome to Brexit on 08:42 - Jan 30 by kernow

“In my opinion – that’s my impression – the order was placed too late, and then only a few [pharmaceutical] companies were chosen,” Söder told public broadcaster ZDF, adding “operational responsibility clearly lay with [Brussels].”

"In my opinion".....like the man said, dull and overcast..

It’s a fact that that Markus Söder said it.
Markus Söder probably has his finger on the pulse, a bit more than some drunken oap hanging out at the red lion, while tucking into his full English .
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 10:44]

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Welcome to Brexit on 10:55 - Jan 30 with 1070 viewsgrumpy

Exactly,Dirk.
Us leaving the EU has done no one any good, the EU or us.
I do wish so many would stop crowing about vaccinations, we are doing well, but its not a Competition.
Welcome to Brexit on 13:09 - Jan 30 with 1039 viewsJaySaint

Welcome to Brexit on 10:55 - Jan 30 by grumpy

Exactly,Dirk.
Us leaving the EU has done no one any good, the EU or us.
I do wish so many would stop crowing about vaccinations, we are doing well, but its not a Competition.

if it not a competition on vaccines, how come it is on death toll?

Welcome to Brexit on 14:36 - Jan 30 with 1028 viewsgrumpy

Welcome to Brexit on 13:09 - Jan 30 by JaySaint

if it not a competition on vaccines, how come it is on death toll?

Its not.
Welcome to Brexit on 15:03 - Jan 30 with 1006 viewsBerber

Welcome to Brexit on 14:36 - Jan 30 by grumpy

Its not.

But you brought competition into the discussion. If you use comparative statistics it isn't meant to be competitive, but if someone else does it is? Is that how it works?
Welcome to Brexit on 16:21 - Jan 30 with 980 viewsgrumpy

Welcome to Brexit on 15:03 - Jan 30 by Berber

But you brought competition into the discussion. If you use comparative statistics it isn't meant to be competitive, but if someone else does it is? Is that how it works?

Absolute rubbish.
The death total is the death total, end of.
To put a smiley on about such is demeaning.
Welcome to Brexit on 16:59 - Jan 30 with 962 viewsBerber

Welcome to Brexit on 16:21 - Jan 30 by grumpy

Absolute rubbish.
The death total is the death total, end of.
To put a smiley on about such is demeaning.

Cheer up grumpy, I don't refer to any topic, I think you may be guilty of imputing a bias and reacting to it, then getting personal. That's one of the problems with this type of forum, taking on a win at all costs mentality instead of debating the points on merit. Apparently you don't want friendly interaction?
Welcome to Brexit on 17:22 - Jan 30 with 953 viewsgrumpy

Welcome to Brexit on 16:59 - Jan 30 by Berber

Cheer up grumpy, I don't refer to any topic, I think you may be guilty of imputing a bias and reacting to it, then getting personal. That's one of the problems with this type of forum, taking on a win at all costs mentality instead of debating the points on merit. Apparently you don't want friendly interaction?

'imputing a bias and reacting to it'
Guilty as charged,me lord.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024