Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Shocks In The FA Cup Do Far 21:57 - Jan 24 with 580 viewsSaintNick

Every tie went pretty much to form, two more ties to go can Wycombe beat Spurs or Crawley win at Bournemouth, lets hope at least one of them will

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

No Shocks In The FA Cup Do Far on 22:25 - Jan 24 with 558 viewsBicester_North

4 all prem ties in the 5th round including ours

If you had to bet you’d say both Manchester clubs, Spurs/Everton (too close to call) Burnley,Leicester, Chelsea and Sheff Utd will be in the QF with us if we get past Wolves

I wouldn’t fancy either manc club really but other than that we’d be in with a good shout if we can get a couple of first team players back in time
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 22:26]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

No Shocks In The FA Cup Do Far on 23:05 - Jan 24 with 512 viewshedgeend61

Out of the 14 ties so far, only 4 favourites in the betting, Norwich, Millwall, Fulham and Liverpool failed to oblige, and none of those were strong favourites.

What's amazing is that no games ended in a draw after 90 minutes, doubt thats ever happened before in 4th round history.
No Shocks In The FA Cup Do Far on 23:25 - Jan 24 with 501 viewsBicester_North

No Shocks In The FA Cup Do Far on 23:05 - Jan 24 by hedgeend61

Out of the 14 ties so far, only 4 favourites in the betting, Norwich, Millwall, Fulham and Liverpool failed to oblige, and none of those were strong favourites.

What's amazing is that no games ended in a draw after 90 minutes, doubt thats ever happened before in 4th round history.

Arsenal were slight bookies favourites weren’t they?

7/5 vs 15/8

No Shocks In The FA Cup Do Far on 23:33 - Jan 24 with 493 viewshedgeend61

No Shocks In The FA Cup Do Far on 23:25 - Jan 24 by Bicester_North

Arsenal were slight bookies favourites weren’t they?

7/5 vs 15/8

You're right, (forgot Arsenal) Saints were around 2/1 until the teams were announced, then it was 13/8 either side.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 23:35]
No Shocks In The FA Cup Do Far on 09:56 - Jan 25 with 350 viewsChesham_Saint

I was hard pressed to decide who I wanted to win yesterday with Liverpool and Man U, then I realised how much I despise the Salford club (and for how much longer) so I actually would have preferred Liverpool winning.

Then, thinking about the two Manc clubs, it also occurred to me that in recent years whilst City have had players to respect like De Bruyne, Aguero, Kompany and of course Silva, Man U have basically had a bunch of cs playing for them. The only likeable character being their current manager.

In short, they remain number 2 on my shit list.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

No Shocks In The FA Cup Do Far on 11:06 - Jan 25 with 332 viewsBicester_North

Liverpool have the marginally less dislikeable team all the time Van Dijk is out, but their manager makes up for that in terms of his nause rating

No Shocks In The FA Cup Do Far on 11:33 - Jan 25 with 322 viewsA1079

No Shocks In The FA Cup Do Far on 09:56 - Jan 25 by Chesham_Saint

I was hard pressed to decide who I wanted to win yesterday with Liverpool and Man U, then I realised how much I despise the Salford club (and for how much longer) so I actually would have preferred Liverpool winning.

Then, thinking about the two Manc clubs, it also occurred to me that in recent years whilst City have had players to respect like De Bruyne, Aguero, Kompany and of course Silva, Man U have basically had a bunch of cs playing for them. The only likeable character being their current manager.

In short, they remain number 2 on my shit list.

I felt a similar pain Chesham. The lesser of 2 evils. I just edged towards United on this occasion solely because of Ole Gunnar Solksjaer as he seems a thoroughly decent chap. Never gets over animated or excited, admits when they have not played well and just gets on with the job. But can't stand the club or their fans - well, the plastic ones anyway. I just cannot find anything endearing about Liverpool at all - though that was not always the case. I kind of respected them under Shankley, Paisley etc.

I am sure it is Liverpool/Tottenham this week - now for the love me, I really cannot decide which one I hate most - both in equal measure.
No Shocks In The FA Cup Do Far on 17:00 - Jan 26 with 250 viewsericofarabia

No Shocks In The FA Cup Do Far on 11:06 - Jan 25 by Bicester_North

Liverpool have the marginally less dislikeable team all the time Van Dijk is out, but their manager makes up for that in terms of his nause rating

The Gurning Freak takes the whole Nause Rating to another Level, as do their Plastic Fans.

Of course both The Mancs Teams have annoying Plastics as well, but The Liverpool ones are a Very Special Breed.
The Manc Plastics just concentrate on their respective Teams, but The Liverpool Ones seem to think that they themselves have suddenly become Scousers and talk as much about the city, the people and it's history as much as the team. Absolute Cringefest.

ABL is definitely tjhe new ABU.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024