Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton FC Launch The Halo Effect 09:30 - Jan 25 with 656 viewsSaintsNews

Southampton FC Launch The Halo Effect 25th Jan 2021 09:25
Saints have today announced what they are calling their "Sustainable Strategy" a commitment to ensuring a sustainable future for the club, the fans and the community that surrounds it. Find out just what it means here. 4

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton FC Launch The Halo Effect on 10:46 - Jan 25 with 604 viewsSadoldgit

All very laudable, but how long before some of the natives start to label us Snowflake FC? 😉
To be honest the less we hear about “The Southampton Way” and the more we let the football do the talking for us on the pitch, the better. I am not saying don’t do it, but get on with it quietly behind the scenes and keep the high profile focus on the pitch.
Southampton FC Launch The Halo Effect on 11:16 - Jan 25 with 591 viewsBerber

Southampton FC Launch The Halo Effect on 10:46 - Jan 25 by Sadoldgit

All very laudable, but how long before some of the natives start to label us Snowflake FC? 😉
To be honest the less we hear about “The Southampton Way” and the more we let the football do the talking for us on the pitch, the better. I am not saying don’t do it, but get on with it quietly behind the scenes and keep the high profile focus on the pitch.

I agree, PR fluff, even if the intent is laudable. This is a business based on a football club, pure and simple. I suspect this press release is to fill the void that would otherwise be filled with talk of transfers or loans, neither of which are likely to happen for obvious reasons.
Southampton FC Launch The Halo Effect on 11:36 - Jan 25 with 582 viewsSaintNick

Southampton FC Launch The Halo Effect on 11:16 - Jan 25 by Berber

I agree, PR fluff, even if the intent is laudable. This is a business based on a football club, pure and simple. I suspect this press release is to fill the void that would otherwise be filled with talk of transfers or loans, neither of which are likely to happen for obvious reasons.

It is PR fluff but if you read my comments, they are at least trying to do something, which is something for the fans and to listen to them, that is something no other regime has done in the past.

It is time to stop being cynical about the club and give them some praise when they do something positive

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton FC Launch The Halo Effect on 11:43 - Jan 25 with 577 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton FC Launch The Halo Effect on 11:36 - Jan 25 by SaintNick

It is PR fluff but if you read my comments, they are at least trying to do something, which is something for the fans and to listen to them, that is something no other regime has done in the past.

It is time to stop being cynical about the club and give them some praise when they do something positive

Ultimately, all fans care about is success on the pitch. At the moment, by our standards, we are having success on the pitch and things look promising for the future. There is a clear plan that is logical and is working. Semmens and Ralph in particular are impressive, so yeah the other fluff is just that, but who cares. It's all about success on the pitchand their plan is bearing fruit in a sustainable way, without spending rediculous amounts. So credit to the club for that.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Southampton FC Launch The Halo Effect on 12:05 - Jan 25 with 554 viewsTimSaint

This is something positive from the club, so it should not just be passed off as PR fluff. Saints have been working hard in this area over the last few years and the Halo Effect has been introduced to further enhance us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55790760

Take a quick read about this and see how well we are doing, especially against some of the other clubs in the Prem and you will see that it is a little bit more than just a PR exercise.

TimSaint

Southampton FC Launch The Halo Effect on 13:02 - Jan 25 with 517 viewsSadoldgit

It is good that they are doing what they are doing, but my point was just get on with it and don’t make a big fuss. The whole “Southampton Way” thing became embarrassing in the end and it would be a shame if this went the same way. I appreciate that any major initiative has a PR launch. Let’s hope that is it now and they just get on with it quietly without it cropping up every 5 minutes.
Southampton FC Launch The Halo Effect on 13:14 - Jan 25 with 507 viewsChesham_Saint

Southampton FC Launch The Halo Effect on 10:46 - Jan 25 by Sadoldgit

Crikey Sogs, sounds like you’re turning into an old school Tory! You’ve not had one of Boris’s jabs and are having side effects are you? Maybe all this Bill Gates microchip implant bollocks could be turning out to be true..!? 🤓

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Southampton FC Launch The Halo Effect on 23:26 - Jan 25 with 382 viewsSadoldgit

Southampton FC Launch The Halo Effect on 13:14 - Jan 25 by Chesham_Saint

Crikey Sogs, sounds like you’re turning into an old school Tory! You’ve not had one of Boris’s jabs and are having side effects are you? Maybe all this Bill Gates microchip implant bollocks could be turning out to be true..!? 🤓

I do don’t I! And I can’t even blame it on a jab! 🤪
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton FC Launch The Halo Effect on 23:57 - Jan 25 with 374 viewsRon11

For example, keeping Danny Ings.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024