Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lampard 10:10 - Jan 25 with 1554 viewsSonicBoom

Rumour seems to be he's getting the bullet.
I actually think that's a shame. We know better than anyone that managers need time and patience. I know he's spent money but that was probably Abramovich's idea.
I actually think that over time he will be a very good manager. He seems bright, speaks well and would have the respect of the players.
Unfortunately for him Chelsea is possible the worst place for a relatively new manager to start their career. I was worried they might come for Ralph but I imagine Chelsea will want a "big name".
Lampard on 10:50 - Jan 25 with 1481 viewsSadoldgit

There has been speculation that Rogers might end up there. I agree that he should be given time, but Chelsea aren’t that type of club.
Lampard on 10:53 - Jan 25 with 1473 viewssolent_toffee

They’ve bought some good players, they just aren’t gelling.

Talk of Tuchel taking over. Seems a strange time to sack him too with a couple of quick fire games.

He should be given this season and then see where they are next season when hopefully football goes back to normal.
Lampard on 11:01 - Jan 25 with 1464 views1teeminants

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12192279/frank-lampard-set-to-be-s

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Lampard on 11:09 - Jan 25 with 1451 viewsButty101

Lampard on 11:01 - Jan 25 by 1teeminants

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12192279/frank-lampard-set-to-be-s

I reckon they will get a temporary manager in then get their target in the summer. Rodgers has Chelsea links so hopefully they try and get him.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Lampard on 11:09 - Jan 25 with 1440 viewsBicester_North

Started his career at Derby, but yes, think he’ll turn out to have a good management career

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Lampard on 11:16 - Jan 25 with 1431 viewsprofessor_peach

Lampard on 11:09 - Jan 25 by Butty101

I reckon they will get a temporary manager in then get their target in the summer. Rodgers has Chelsea links so hopefully they try and get him.

Hasn't Rafa Benitez left his job in China? He's been there and done it before at Chelsea.
Lampard on 11:22 - Jan 25 with 1421 viewsSonicBoom

Tuchel is a free agent isn't he? Seems like he'll move straight in.
Lampard on 11:28 - Jan 25 with 1409 viewsSaintsforeverj

History has shown time and time again, that buying players for fun like a kid in a sweet shop doesn't work. Lampard has brought in about 10 new players, without thinking about their attitudes and whether they will gel. Chelsea finished 4th the previous year and he has rewarded those players with mostly replacing them and rushing in a new team. This creates disharmony and confusion. He should have kept the players that were so successful last year and just added a two or three quality players to an already successful team. But at Chelsea, if you are 8th in the league, you don't survive, especially if you buy a player like Werner for 50 million plus and he hardly ever scores.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 11:29]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Lampard on 11:28 - Jan 25 with 1405 viewshedgeend61

Lampard on 11:09 - Jan 25 by Bicester_North

Started his career at Derby, but yes, think he’ll turn out to have a good management career

Problem is for Frank is he overachieved last season making Top 4 when no one thought they would, so expectations were higher this season and he's fallen short after spending plenty.

They look a mish mash of a side, 50m Werner looks like the German Shane Long after looking like a World beater at RB Leipzig.

You can win the CL at Chelsea and get sacked, so it's a shame, but not a surprise.
Lampard on 11:57 - Jan 25 with 1349 viewskingslandstand1

Lampard on 11:22 - Jan 25 by SonicBoom

Tuchel is a free agent isn't he? Seems like he'll move straight in.

He is the man according to Talksport and will move straight in
Lampard on 11:59 - Jan 25 with 1346 viewskingslandstand1

Lampard on 11:28 - Jan 25 by Saintsforeverj

History has shown time and time again, that buying players for fun like a kid in a sweet shop doesn't work. Lampard has brought in about 10 new players, without thinking about their attitudes and whether they will gel. Chelsea finished 4th the previous year and he has rewarded those players with mostly replacing them and rushing in a new team. This creates disharmony and confusion. He should have kept the players that were so successful last year and just added a two or three quality players to an already successful team. But at Chelsea, if you are 8th in the league, you don't survive, especially if you buy a player like Werner for 50 million plus and he hardly ever scores.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 11:29]

Including a penalty with no "must score" pressure against a championship keeper
Lampard on 12:15 - Jan 25 with 1327 viewsSadoldgit

Lampard on 11:59 - Jan 25 by kingslandstand1

Including a penalty with no "must score" pressure against a championship keeper

He is clearly a quality player though and was class against us.
Lampard on 12:29 - Jan 25 with 1308 views1teeminants

Lampard on 11:09 - Jan 25 by Butty101

Good stuff this newsnow mate.

Lampard on 13:06 - Jan 25 with 1257 viewsSadoldgit

Adrian Durham spent some time on TalkSport last week speculating whether Rodgers would bail on Leicester for the Chelsea job. Tuchel would seem an obvious choice though given his pedigree and availability.
Lampard on 13:14 - Jan 25 with 1242 viewsgrumpy

I hope they don't cast their eyes in this direction.
Lampard on 13:23 - Jan 25 with 1229 viewsSaintsforeverj

Lampard on 13:14 - Jan 25 by grumpy

I hope they don't cast their eyes in this direction.

There were one or two rumours about Ralph and he is 10 / 1 with the bookies, but I don't think Chelsea would suit Ralph at all. Loads of money to spend on superstars, little bringing through of young players, demands of instanr success or he faces the sack? Not Ralph's Cup of tea I would say but I understand the worry!

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Lampard on 14:04 - Jan 25 with 1187 viewsButty101

Lampard on 12:29 - Jan 25 by 1teeminants

Good stuff this newsnow mate.

???

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Lampard on 20:18 - Jan 25 with 1043 views1teeminants

Lampard on 14:04 - Jan 25 by Butty101

???

That’s where I got the link from. 😬

Lampard on 21:04 - Jan 25 with 1004 viewskernow

So for the rest of this season they' ll be referred to as Thomas Tuchel's Chelsea?
Not quite so evocative of the good times. Not the same ring to it guv.

This guy failed in Paris. Don't get it at all but that's the Russian all over, a change of coach, a change of underpants.
Lampard on 21:52 - Jan 25 with 967 viewsBicester_North

Lampard on 21:04 - Jan 25 by kernow

So for the rest of this season they' ll be referred to as Thomas Tuchel's Chelsea?
Not quite so evocative of the good times. Not the same ring to it guv.

This guy failed in Paris. Don't get it at all but that's the Russian all over, a change of coach, a change of underpants.

Failed? He won 2 titles, 2 cups and got them to a CL final! I know the french league is not very good but that’s not too bad in 2 seasons

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Lampard on 05:25 - Jan 26 with 894 viewskernow

Lampard on 21:52 - Jan 25 by Bicester_North

Failed? He won 2 titles, 2 cups and got them to a CL final! I know the french league is not very good but that’s not too bad in 2 seasons

By any standards that is impressive but
expectations are even higher at Chelsea.
Anything less than winning the Champions League is considered failure.
Dealing with all of those massive egos? Good luck to him.
Lampard on 06:53 - Jan 26 with 881 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Totally Agree SonicBoom

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Lampard on 18:58 - Jan 26 with 675 views1885_SFC

Steve Bruce will be the next PL manager looking for a job. The Mags are losing again at home.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024