Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sluggish & Dithering? 03:43 - Jan 26 with 2460 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

I only post to portray what I consider to be sensible " common sense " views - and show as I see things! At the same time I respect others who have different viewpoints, and thank god at present we in the UK - live in a democracy. This post is to point out if others were not aware, HOW RESTRICTED IT WAS TO BE IN THE EU! I admit it's going to be a more time - consuming of filling in forms and visa application forms if I wish to visit countries in Europe - and have to Que for passport control, what a pain?

On the other hand many commentators report the EU are being Sluggish & Dithering? with regard to releasing the COVID-19 vaccine to the countries of the EU? An example - They are having a THIRD meeting to discuss what happened in the previous 2! If you had not realized it by now - the EU IS a dictatorship - to-day's example Concerns over vaccine supply on the continent have prompted the European Union to tell pharmaceutical companies they can only export to Britain with explicit permission from the bloc. While still in the EU,we could not sneeze unless we "HAD THE permission of these unelected overpaid bureaucrats !!
So with all of this EU's dithering - let them get on with that !

Meanwhile, we are NOW free to have 6.5 MILLION of our citizens vaccinated against COVID-19, already!!
Between the 2 - which one is more important to you?

We could also NOT do as a member of the EU - As the headlines say -- BRITAIN is heading for a post-Brexit boom after securing 62 free trade deals worth a staggering £900 billion - SO FAR plus there are multi-billion free trade deals with America, Canada and Australia in the pipeline for 2021. Together they could boost the UK economy by at least £100 Trillion over the coming decade, according to analysts. So let's be more positive please!
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 8:29]

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Sluggish & Dithering? on 11:08 - Jan 26 with 1820 viewsSadoldgit

When I saw the thread title I assumed you were referring to Boris Johnson 😂.
Anyway, I don’t know if you have been following the programme about the Cornish fishermen but they don’t seem to have your optimism about the future.
Sluggish & Dithering? on 11:28 - Jan 26 with 1814 viewsKennington

I thought from the title it was another post about our former director Les Reed.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Sluggish & Dithering? on 11:39 - Jan 26 with 1808 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Sluggish & Dithering? on 11:28 - Jan 26 by Kennington

I thought from the title it was another post about our former director Les Reed.

Te! he!

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Sluggish & Dithering? on 16:50 - Jan 26 with 1717 viewsericofarabia

I was expecting a pre match slating of Jack Stephens
Sluggish & Dithering? on 18:19 - Jan 26 with 1692 views1885_SFC

I agree with the OP. We have swiftly got on with vaccinating the country while the EU has dithered with it's usual red tape & bureaucracy. Now they're just being spiteful by withholding doses of the vaccine outside of the EU because, no matter what, Brexit Britain mustn't be seen as doing well!

And there's me thinking that - during project fear - we were told we would run out of medicines with a no deal. Despite a deal being done however, it's possible we may run short of vaccine doses after all... but only because of EU spitefulness.

Old School is Cool

Sluggish & Dithering? on 18:24 - Jan 26 with 1687 viewsgrumpy

Sluggish & Dithering? on 18:19 - Jan 26 by 1885_SFC

I agree with the OP. We have swiftly got on with vaccinating the country while the EU has dithered with it's usual red tape & bureaucracy. Now they're just being spiteful by withholding doses of the vaccine outside of the EU because, no matter what, Brexit Britain mustn't be seen as doing well!

And there's me thinking that - during project fear - we were told we would run out of medicines with a no deal. Despite a deal being done however, it's possible we may run short of vaccine doses after all... but only because of EU spitefulness.

The EU want a fair distribution, what's wrong with that?
Sluggish & Dithering? on 18:37 - Jan 26 with 1682 views1885_SFC

Sluggish & Dithering? on 18:24 - Jan 26 by grumpy

Well I had a wager with myself which dull old fart would be the first to side with their beloved EU and all of their bureaucratic ways. Congrats on not letting me down.

Old School is Cool

Sluggish & Dithering? on 19:02 - Jan 26 with 1664 viewsgrumpy

Sluggish & Dithering? on 18:37 - Jan 26 by 1885_SFC

Well I had a wager with myself which dull old fart would be the first to side with their beloved EU and all of their bureaucratic ways. Congrats on not letting me down.

People like you who let this country down that's for sure.
Login to get fewer ads

Sluggish & Dithering? on 19:07 - Jan 26 with 1657 views1885_SFC

Sluggish & Dithering? on 19:02 - Jan 26 by grumpy

People like you who let this country down that's for sure.

We've left... gone. Get over it. We're not going back.

Old School is Cool

Sluggish & Dithering? on 19:10 - Jan 26 with 1652 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-55799919

Meanwhile they are rioting in The Netherlands, Italy is without a Prime minister, the whole of the EU arguing about vaccination and Portugal has just gone into lockdown late, with an absolute explosion of infections. We have the best vaccine rollout in Europe and the lockdown is working. Many mistakes made here, but the chaos elsewhere proves that this pandemic has been a nightmare for the whole world and they are really struggling, in many European countries. No easy answer to this impossible situation
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 19:13]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Sluggish & Dithering? on 01:35 - Jan 27 with 1573 viewsdarthvader

Sluggish & Dithering? on 16:50 - Jan 26 by ericofarabia

I was expecting a pre match slating of Jack Stephens

Or our Friend, in the middle .

keep the faith coyr

Sluggish & Dithering? on 08:19 - Jan 27 with 1498 viewsBerber

Sluggish & Dithering? on 18:24 - Jan 26 by grumpy

Came to the party 3 months late and demanding equality? Right.
Sluggish & Dithering? on 15:27 - Jan 27 with 1446 views1885_SFC

Looks like Hungary is sticking two fingers up to the bureaucracy of the EU...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-hungary-russia-idUSKBN29R0

Old School is Cool

Sluggish & Dithering? on 16:54 - Jan 27 with 1409 viewsgrumpy

Sluggish & Dithering? on 08:19 - Jan 27 by Berber

Came to the party 3 months late and demanding equality? Right.

Whether they came late or not, the vaccine was developed in Germany /Oxford,so can you blame them for wanting equality?
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 17:05]
Sluggish & Dithering? on 17:05 - Jan 27 with 1395 views1885_SFC

Sluggish & Dithering? on 16:54 - Jan 27 by grumpy

Whether they came late or not, the vaccine was developed in Germany /Oxford,so can you blame them for wanting equality?

So... no one in the EU is allowed the vaccine... until Germany's say so - whenever that is?

Jesus Christ...

Old School is Cool

Sluggish & Dithering? on 17:17 - Jan 27 with 1378 viewsdirk_doone

Sluggish & Dithering? on 16:54 - Jan 27 by grumpy

The German government granted BioNTech €375 million for its COVID‑19 vaccine development program. BioNTech also received a €100 million EU Research Grant

Germany has helped other nations battling coronavirus more than the UK has. They will see little gratitude from the xenophobes on here though. Hundreds of intensive care patients from other EU countries, including France, Italy and the Netherlands, are being treated in German hospitals after being medevaced in by Germany.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/germany-to-donate-ventilators-to-nhs-amid-
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 17:25]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Sluggish & Dithering? on 17:25 - Jan 27 with 1365 viewsSadoldgit

Sluggish & Dithering? on 17:17 - Jan 27 by dirk_doone

The German government granted BioNTech €375 million for its COVID‑19 vaccine development program. BioNTech also received a €100 million EU Research Grant

Germany has helped other nations battling coronavirus more than the UK has. They will see little gratitude from the xenophobes on here though. Hundreds of intensive care patients from other EU countries, including France, Italy and the Netherlands, are being treated in German hospitals after being medevaced in by Germany.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/germany-to-donate-ventilators-to-nhs-amid-

I’d happily swap our mortality rate for Germany’s. It is 50% less than ours.
Sluggish & Dithering? on 17:33 - Jan 27 with 1357 viewsBison

Foreign Aid per capita -

United States $95.52
United Kingdom $284.85
Germany $214.73
European Union institutions $27.03

Some people see what they want t see. I just don't get why so many Brits hate the Brits to the extent they actively try and put the Brits down. We are a strange nation.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Sluggish & Dithering? on 17:39 - Jan 27 with 1347 views1885_SFC

No disrespect - but 10-months on from that article - what is the point you're trying to make?

Give all our vaccine stockpiles to a country that still hasn't even given the green light to immunise its population, like...erm...Germany?

Old School is Cool

Sluggish & Dithering? on 17:42 - Jan 27 with 1342 views1885_SFC

Sluggish & Dithering? on 17:33 - Jan 27 by Bison

Foreign Aid per capita -

United States $95.52
United Kingdom $284.85
Germany $214.73

Some people see what they want t see. I just don't get why so many Brits hate the Brits to the extent they actively try and put the Brits down. We are a strange nation.

You bloody xenophobe...

Old School is Cool

Sluggish & Dithering? on 17:43 - Jan 27 with 1339 viewsdirk_doone

The UK has been extremely generous to other countries in the world, in the past, with its foreign aid but let's not denigrate any country for what they are doing to help others nations battling coronavirus.

Anyway, although we weren't discussing foreign aid in general, I just searched 'list foreign aid by country' and these are the figures that came up:

Foreign aid by country:

United States: $34.73 billion.
Germany: $25.01 billion.
United Kingdom: $18.10 billion.
European Union: $16.44 billion

I've also copied and searched your per capita figures, Bison, and found them on Wikipedia but the list is mixed up. Several nations contribute far more than those at the top of the list, for example Norway $812.58 billion. I think the confusion is because people have been editing/playing around with the order of it, which was supposed to be based on total development aid. Oddly, someone has moved the UK above Germany. But, I agree with you that the UK has always been very generous with its foreign aid.
Anyway, if anyone else wishes to change the list, here it is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_development_aid_country_donors

The only hatred expressed on here has been directed at Germany and the EU. There is zero hatred of the UK expressed by me or anyone else. I am proud to be from the UK. That doesn't mean I have to express a hatred of foreigners though.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 18:37]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Sluggish & Dithering? on 17:43 - Jan 27 with 1338 viewskernow

Sluggish & Dithering? on 17:33 - Jan 27 by Bison

Foreign Aid per capita -

United States $95.52
United Kingdom $284.85
Germany $214.73

"Some people see what they want to see."
Can't argue.
Sluggish & Dithering? on 18:12 - Jan 27 with 1306 viewsgrumpy

Sluggish & Dithering? on 17:05 - Jan 27 by 1885_SFC

So... no one in the EU is allowed the vaccine... until Germany's say so - whenever that is?

Jesus Christ...

Do you know what your talking about?
Sluggish & Dithering? on 18:40 - Jan 27 with 1274 views1885_SFC

Sluggish & Dithering? on 18:12 - Jan 27 by grumpy

Do you know what your talking about?

Yes I do.

Now wheel yourself along to the Day Room where Maud & Doris are waiting for their evening session of dominoes with you. If you ask nicely, I'm sure one of the evening staff will sort out a hot mug of Horlicks for you all...

Old School is Cool

Sluggish & Dithering? on 18:56 - Jan 27 with 1261 viewsgrumpy

Sluggish & Dithering? on 18:40 - Jan 27 by 1885_SFC

Yes I do.

Now wheel yourself along to the Day Room where Maud & Doris are waiting for their evening session of dominoes with you. If you ask nicely, I'm sure one of the evening staff will sort out a hot mug of Horlicks for you all...

Pathetic response from someone who has no idea who he is talking to, or about.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 18:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024