Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) 15:49 - Jan 26 with 2548 viewsSaintNick

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:27 - Jan 26 with 643 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:15 - Jan 26 by cocklebreath

Ings does look fed up, the cheeky smile has gone. Sell up. Thought we played okay tonight, if it wasn’t for 2 stupid mistakes we wouldn’t have lost. Armstrong and Diallo excellent. Thought Adams was decent as well, Walcott is frustrating, I’m sure he’s better than what he showed tonight.

The VD and Hojbjerg situations should tell us, that keeping an unhappy player is of no benefit. You're right, the cheeky smile has gone, nowhere his usual self but most people will work out from the lack of contract signing and the rumours, he wants to leave. If he feels that way, he should go.

As for the game, we had loads of injuries. Few mistakes and Arsenal were out for revenge, all very predictable. But get all our players back, we will be ok.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 22:29]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:30 - Jan 26 with 633 viewsBison

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:27 - Jan 26 by Saintsforeverj

The VD and Hojbjerg situations should tell us, that keeping an unhappy player is of no benefit. You're right, the cheeky smile has gone, nowhere his usual self but most people will work out from the lack of contract signing and the rumours, he wants to leave. If he feels that way, he should go.

As for the game, we had loads of injuries. Few mistakes and Arsenal were out for revenge, all very predictable. But get all our players back, we will be ok.

Meeooow.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:33 - Jan 26 with 619 viewscocklebreath

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:26 - Jan 26 by Bison

I'm not going to reply to any individual negative post about our players but what a bunch of knee jerk babies you are.

We lose a game and it's put down to Ings staying safe for the next 18 months.

2 full backs and our best centre half out , our best defensive midfielder .... out.

No you minges think it's Ings .

You pussies , go support another team.

Tough guy .

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:34 - Jan 26 with 616 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:30 - Jan 26 by Bison

Meeooow.

Look, when Hojbjerg was here, Ralph had to take away his captaincy and he was dropped because his head was elsewhere. Ings was poor tonight when usually he is excellent. The result is not his fault, but I think he looked fed up. If he is fed up and wants to leave, I say let him leave, what is wrong with that? You want him to stay and be miserable? Doesn't help us, doesn't help him.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 22:35]

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:36 - Jan 26 with 607 viewsSadoldgit

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:27 - Jan 26 by Saintsforeverj

How do you know he wants to leave? He didn’t have a great game tonight but he wasn’t the only one. For an optimist this is a bit of a bed wetting post isn’t it? Ings is a proper pro and will do his best for us while he is a Saints player.
Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:37 - Jan 26 with 600 viewsBison

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:33 - Jan 26 by cocklebreath

Tough guy .

Modern school teacher ?

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:39 - Jan 26 with 594 viewscocklebreath

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:36 - Jan 26 by Sadoldgit

How do you know he wants to leave? He didn’t have a great game tonight but he wasn’t the only one. For an optimist this is a bit of a bed wetting post isn’t it? Ings is a proper pro and will do his best for us while he is a Saints player.

Not sure it’s bed wetting to say Ings attitude seems a bit different, it does.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:42 - Jan 26 with 586 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:36 - Jan 26 by Sadoldgit

Let's see. He said he wants to play for a champions league team. This came out a only a few days ago. Is it not possible that these thoughts might be distracting him? It obviously happens as Hojbjerg was very professional, yet couldn't be captain and had to be dropped.

Login to get fewer ads

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:42 - Jan 26 with 578 viewsBison

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:34 - Jan 26 by Saintsforeverj

Look, when Hojbjerg was here, Ralph had to take away his captaincy and he was dropped because his head was elsewhere. Ings was poor tonight when usually he is excellent. The result is not his fault, but I think he looked fed up. If he is fed up and wants to leave, I say let him leave, what is wrong with that? You want him to stay and be miserable? Doesn't help us, doesn't help him.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 22:35]

See your point but disagree , he just got no service and we didn't play great with players missing.

I am just refusing to be negative after the FA cup win .

Saturday morning I would of took 1-0 in cup 1-3 in league. I now have to pretend to be happy after tonight's result as I prayed and got it :)

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:48 - Jan 26 with 560 viewsgreen

Players looked tired which isn't surprising given how many games we've played in such a short space of time and obviously we're missing so many players.

On the bright side, we're in the 5th round of the FA Cup, we're exactly half way through the season and we've got 29 points. In 2017/18 we finished the season with 36 points.
Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:54 - Jan 26 with 534 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:42 - Jan 26 by Bison

See your point but disagree , he just got no service and we didn't play great with players missing.

I am just refusing to be negative after the FA cup win .

Saturday morning I would of took 1-0 in cup 1-3 in league. I now have to pretend to be happy after tonight's result as I prayed and got it :)

I'm not negative about the result. As I said it was all very predictable with so many injuries. Saints are back in our usual position of 11th and that's fine with me. Hopefully we can go far in the cup. But Ings looking so fed up, is the main story for me tonight. He will just see out time until the summer, waiting for his big move. Ralph will end up leaving him out of the team heading towards the end of the season as he isn't himself etc, just like the Hojbjerg situation. The Ings story is a situation that we don't want lingering on and on in my opinion. I think it will be a distraction and will affect Ings and the team. He should sign the contract or go, I think. But that's my opinion 🤔
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 22:57]

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 23:00 - Jan 26 with 527 viewsBison

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:48 - Jan 26 by green

Players looked tired which isn't surprising given how many games we've played in such a short space of time and obviously we're missing so many players.

On the bright side, we're in the 5th round of the FA Cup, we're exactly half way through the season and we've got 29 points. In 2017/18 we finished the season with 36 points.

Well said and not only that we have a lot of kids playing , getting first team experience at the same time. I can tell from your avatar you are used to a win being 4th bottom or better.

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 23:05 - Jan 26 with 512 viewsTimSaint

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:42 - Jan 26 by Saintsforeverj

Let's see. He said he wants to play for a champions league team. This came out a only a few days ago. Is it not possible that these thoughts might be distracting him? It obviously happens as Hojbjerg was very professional, yet couldn't be captain and had to be dropped.

Let's see indeed.

But he has been injured recently, just recovered from covid, we lost the game tonight, he had no service, he had no chances of note and has probably been brought back into the team a little earlier than perhaps he would have been, because we have had 6 or more injuries for the last month and have had to play 2 games a week in that time and he got subbed - yet because he doesn't look his usual self, it is because he wants to leave ?

I'm sure if we had a fully fit squad and were playing the football we are capable of, his old swagger will return. Perhaps he just needs a goal. Villa next and he likes scoring against them.

TimSaint

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 23:13 - Jan 26 with 487 views1885_SFC

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:48 - Jan 26 by green

Indeed.

Halfway through the season and we have 29 points. If we can emulate that in the second half of the season - we'll end up with 58 points... which was enough last season to finish 6th and 7th (Spurs & Wolves).

Old School is Cool

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 23:18 - Jan 26 with 475 viewsBicester_North

We’ll be fine if we can clear the treatment room a bit.

Who gives a fúck about a mid table premier league match anyway, concentrate on the cup.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 23:19]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 06:45 - Jan 27 with 356 viewsTripleNiemi

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:26 - Jan 26 by Bison

I'm not going to reply to any individual negative post about our players but what a bunch of knee jerk babies you are.

We lose a game and it's put down to Ings staying safe for the next 18 months.

2 full backs and our best centre half out , our best defensive midfielder .... out.

No you minges think it's Ings .

You pussies , go support another team.

Top post

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 06:54 - Jan 27 with 353 viewssaint22

No doubt our full backs missing last night caused us issues backwards and forwards, Valery did ok but he is no KWP
Walcott was poor last night, Armstrong Diallo bednarek were superb
2 wins needed now
Let’s hope we dispatch grealish and co Saturday
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 7:08]
Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 07:02 - Jan 27 with 347 viewsCity_boy

Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 22:01 - Jan 26 by saint22

Redmond even takes throw-ins backwards

Wow - that's clever !
Saints V Arsenal Matchday Thread (League) (n/t) on 10:23 - Jan 27 with 277 viewskernow

I was disappointed, but that happens every time we lose.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024