Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton V Arsenal The Verdict 10:10 - Jan 27 with 646 viewsSaintsNews

Southampton V Arsenal The Verdict 27th Jan 2021 10:06
It was an injury too far for Saints as their patched up side struggled to find it's shape and became architects of their own downfall, continually giving the ball away and gifting the Gunners the game. 24

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton V Arsenal The Verdict on 11:27 - Jan 27 with 593 viewsSonicBoom

Ha well done Nick. you managed to go the whole article without directly mentioning Stephens! I bet you were typing it and saying to yourself "don't do it, don't do it...".

I'll say it for you.
Stephens isn't good enough. Although I didn't really think Bednarek was that much better last night.
Usually we pass around the back lookig for gaps or to tempt the opposition forward. Time and again last night it was Stephens to Bednarek and Bedharek back to Stephens as we simply retreated. We didn't really play a forward ball and often we ended up under pressure just passing to McCarthy who hoofed it straight down the park.
I agree about Walcott. He was good when he arrived but his control is poor and the number of chances he wastes to put in a decent final ball is so frustrating.
But as I said elsewhere, last night wasn't really the game we needed. Better days are ahead.
Southampton V Arsenal The Verdict on 13:23 - Jan 27 with 521 viewsSadoldgit

We had a good run for our money but the fact is that we are an average Prem side who Ralph managed to get punching above our weight for a while. Our lack of strength in depth has bitten us in the backside and we really can’t afford these long term injuries. We have got the making of a decent squad but not the money to bring in the required quality to build on that. It is good to see the youth coming through but it is too early for most of them and it isn’t a sure thing that they will all prove good enough anyway. Still, it has been an entertaining season so far and hopefully we can pick up the pace again when the crocks come back.
Southampton V Arsenal The Verdict on 20:59 - Jan 27 with 390 viewskingslandstand1

Southampton V Arsenal The Verdict on 13:23 - Jan 27 by Sadoldgit

We had a good run for our money but the fact is that we are an average Prem side who Ralph managed to get punching above our weight for a while. Our lack of strength in depth has bitten us in the backside and we really can’t afford these long term injuries. We have got the making of a decent squad but not the money to bring in the required quality to build on that. It is good to see the youth coming through but it is too early for most of them and it isn’t a sure thing that they will all prove good enough anyway. Still, it has been an entertaining season so far and hopefully we can pick up the pace again when the crocks come back.

We may be an average Prem squad, but not side as was proven last night. We had 4 players out who would have been on the first choice team sheet, 3 of whom from the back 4, and the other a DM, so until the 3rd went in it wouldn't have been a bad result
Last time I looked Sheff Utd were 1 up at O Trafford so who knows what's going to happen this season
Southampton V Arsenal The Verdict on 22:11 - Jan 27 with 353 viewsSadoldgit

The Blades have won 2-1. The big clubs have not had it their own way this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024