Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I want more players but we don't have money 22:39 - Jan 30 with 1946 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph seemed very frustrated in his sky interview. To be expected, he is an emotional guy, but he gave a blunt answer when he was asked whether we would get players in because we have so many injuries "I want more players but we don't have money".

https://mobile.twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1355643360183267329
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 1:22]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

I want more players but we have no money on 22:53 - Jan 30 with 1899 viewsRon11

Danny Ings and Che Adams have been doing a good job up front, so why leave Adams on the bench tonight?
I want more players but we have no money on 23:51 - Jan 30 with 1819 viewsDorsetIan

He’lll be in trouble Monday. He needs to stay on message. It’s not that we’ve got no money, we’ve got a ‘sustainable business model’.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

I want more players but we don't have money on 03:51 - Jan 31 with 1700 views1teeminants

Romeu, Walcott , Diallo could all be out for Tuesday, loan signings expected

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

I want more players but we have no money on 07:36 - Jan 31 with 1616 viewsTripleNiemi

I want more players but we have no money on 23:51 - Jan 30 by DorsetIan

He’lll be in trouble Monday. He needs to stay on message. It’s not that we’ve got no money, we’ve got a ‘sustainable business model’.

Maintain our PL status = mission accomplished

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

I want more players but we have no money on 08:28 - Jan 31 with 1565 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

I want more players but we have no money on 07:36 - Jan 31 by TripleNiemi

Agree with TripleNiemi .... let us face it guys " WE ARE " (or were) punching way above our weight! . Plus isn't it weird that -- it does seem like nearly every year - we seem to have a dip in form and points around the Christmas/New year time, just look it up?

As to Saints money for transfers - I would like an answer to the question .............. Back in Sept our board had started legal proceedings against LD Sports for breach of contract ? who is against our asteamed Chairman/owner GAO ....So where IS our chairman? What is happening to the court case that Saints have brought against him? Over not paying for shirt sponsorship! ....... in other words we do not have any money for transfers ... from GAO's actions - IT seems to me that he only bought into the club for money laundering purposes - for his own selfish motives? As GAO has controlling interest of our club -- he put our club " up for sale " It was reported last March for £250 Million? I wonder how far that has progressed? And it doesn't look like Kat isn't interested in putting any more money up?

As for Ralph - you HAVE to feel sorry for him - if he had real financial backing --- I am sure he could even produce a team such as Leicester did - with no superstars - -A TEAM that fought for each other, and was totally focused! And actually WIN the premiership. All we need is another Marcus please!

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

I want more players but we have no money on 08:52 - Jan 31 with 1525 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Nice one Ian -- LOL .... yes he will get his knuckles slapped ....... for only giving " AN HONEST ANSWER " he didn't keep to the Bullshit script !! Where he should have given a none plus answer that tells us fans F''all as usual ..... but the club are being open & transparent Ha ! ha !
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 9:04]

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

I want more players but we have no money on 08:55 - Jan 31 with 1519 viewsTripleNiemi

I want more players but we have no money on 07:36 - Jan 31 by TripleNiemi

I should add (before Nick or anyone else jumps on me for my post above) i am not, repeat not, saying this is what the clubs stance might or might not be. This is my take. Ralph and the team have worked wonders and we have a fantastic manager, but you only have to look at our bench to realise what a task we had / have on to maintain the league position we were in.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 8:59]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

I want more players but we don't have money on 09:12 - Jan 31 with 1475 viewsKennington

Same old saints. Ralph has done a brilliant job but when you’ve only got a few teenagers or Shane Long to bring on off the bench, it’s only going to be mid table at best. It’s FA cup or nothing this season.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Login to get fewer ads

I want more players but we have no money on 09:32 - Jan 31 with 1440 viewsBerber

Eh? We are losing £3m per month aren't we? There is no way that is sustainable.
I want more players but we don't have money on 09:56 - Jan 31 with 1411 viewsA1079

Sustainable - possibly the most over-used word in organisation hyperbole in modern times.
I want more players but we don't have money on 10:31 - Jan 31 with 1365 viewssolent_toffee

Saints, like Everton, will finish somewhere between 7th and 12th, in a complete void season with no fans in.

Personally I can’t wait for the transfer window to close tomorrow with Everton having signed no one and save the money for the summer, when fingers crossed we would have our jabs and can go to watch the actual game in the grounds.

I think most clubs will think the same, despite the tools on Sky transfer show trying to generate transfers.
I want more players but we have no money on 11:08 - Jan 31 with 1321 viewsSaintNick

People seem to like to jump on any quote and use it for their own agenda, why would the club have an issue with the statement, it is common knowledge that we like every other club is struggling for cash because of the situation at the moment.

The person who told the world that the club was losing £3 million a month was CEO Martin Semmens, so Ralph is actually "On message" when he tells the fans what the situation is, perhaps if he had said "we have no money but then again neither have most other clubs" then some people wouldn't have been able to use his quote to beat the club with.

Ironically the ones that complain about our lack of money for players the most, are usually the ones that are quick to complain that the club hasn't refunded them money for games they couldn't get into, the moment the final whistle blows.

Lets get real here, we are in a situation along with about 88 of the 92 League clubs.

In the past we had those in charge paying big money for some flops, that wasn't the current board who now have to work under financial restrictions due to that, why not give them a chance to show that they can take us forward instead of slagging them off for things that were beyond their control.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

I want more players but we have no money on 11:28 - Jan 31 with 1299 viewsSaintsforeverj

I want more players but we have no money on 11:08 - Jan 31 by SaintNick

People seem to like to jump on any quote and use it for their own agenda, why would the club have an issue with the statement, it is common knowledge that we like every other club is struggling for cash because of the situation at the moment.

The person who told the world that the club was losing £3 million a month was CEO Martin Semmens, so Ralph is actually "On message" when he tells the fans what the situation is, perhaps if he had said "we have no money but then again neither have most other clubs" then some people wouldn't have been able to use his quote to beat the club with.

Ironically the ones that complain about our lack of money for players the most, are usually the ones that are quick to complain that the club hasn't refunded them money for games they couldn't get into, the moment the final whistle blows.

Lets get real here, we are in a situation along with about 88 of the 92 League clubs.

In the past we had those in charge paying big money for some flops, that wasn't the current board who now have to work under financial restrictions due to that, why not give them a chance to show that they can take us forward instead of slagging them off for things that were beyond their control.

I think Ralph's frustrated "fed up" tone in yesterday's interview came across as a bit of a moan. As you say he could have put a more positive spin on it but it came across as a moan at his current situation. Ralph said it and obviously the fans are wondering what he meant. We had this sort of thing from Koeman, Poch (lack of ambition) and for Saints fans it's sets off the alarm bells because we don't want to lose him. We know the usual path at Saints don't we and fans worry I think.

But I do think, we are just having a bad spell, Ralph is honest and emotional and we will probably turn it around when we get all our player back. But the cynism is based on years of disappointments, I would guess rather than just a swipe at the club. The Saints fans just expect what we have had for years and we constantly worry. Why wouldn't we? We usually have one or two disasters each season and we just hope Ralph leaving isn't the next!
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 11:31]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

I want more players but we don't have money on 12:26 - Jan 31 with 1236 viewsSadoldgit

Little wonder that Ralph is frustrated. The constant injuries are a problem and although we didn’t play brilliantly last night we did enough for at least a draw and we badly let down by some poor decisions by the officials. Although we beat Liverpool it was a backs against the wall victory. We are losing when we could have drawn and drawing we we could have won. We were never world beaters when we were top of the table and we are not relegation fodder now. We are an average sized club who need everything to be in place for us to be able to compete at the highest level. Injuries and suspensions take their toll. It is not the end of the world. Hopefully the cup run will continue and players will come back from injury. We just need to get through this difficult period without losing faith.
I want more players but we don't have money on 13:37 - Jan 31 with 1174 views1885_SFC

I want more players but we don't have money on 10:31 - Jan 31 by solent_toffee

Saints, like Everton, will finish somewhere between 7th and 12th, in a complete void season with no fans in.

Personally I can’t wait for the transfer window to close tomorrow with Everton having signed no one and save the money for the summer, when fingers crossed we would have our jabs and can go to watch the actual game in the grounds.

I think most clubs will think the same, despite the tools on Sky transfer show trying to generate transfers.

Can't argue with any of that toffs.

I think where we are now is about where we'll finish the season. As long as we give the FA Cup our best shot then - in these strange, fan-less times - that'll do me.

Old School is Cool

I want more players but we don't have money on 14:46 - Jan 31 with 1086 viewskingslandstand1

I want more players but we don't have money on 13:37 - Jan 31 by 1885_SFC

Can't argue with any of that toffs.

I think where we are now is about where we'll finish the season. As long as we give the FA Cup our best shot then - in these strange, fan-less times - that'll do me.

As long as we can actually be at Wembley to see us play - that wouldn't be a bad only game we see this season
I want more players but we don't have money on 14:57 - Jan 31 with 1066 views1885_SFC

I want more players but we don't have money on 14:46 - Jan 31 by kingslandstand1

As long as we can actually be at Wembley to see us play - that wouldn't be a bad only game we see this season

It would be typical Saints - coupled with the way the world is right now. Our first FA Cup final in donkey's years... and not a single ticket to any Saints fan.

Besides, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. Knowing our luck, the final will be officiated by Mason & Dean!

Old School is Cool

I want more players but we don't have money on 10:46 - Feb 1 with 833 viewsNewdawn2014

Of course he`s frustrated, but at least hes not being asked how he felt after THAT game .
His quote was honest and from the heart, good on him ,probably one of the the most genuine managers in the league.
I want more players but we have no money on 11:58 - Feb 1 with 760 viewsDorsetIan

I want more players but we have no money on 11:08 - Jan 31 by SaintNick

My post was primarily a dig at the 'sustainable business model' euphemism that the Gao apologists put up as some sort of justification for him having not invested in the club.

It's all very well comparing us to other clubs and saying that no club has any money, or excusing Gao because he can't get money out of China, but the significance of Ralph's undiplomatic comment was that the lack of decent investment is now costing us on the pitch - because the replacement players we are being forced to bring in are mostly inexperienced at this level and for many of them it is as yet unclear whether they are any good or not. (Really telling that of the two wide defenders brought in as cover against Arsenal, one gets loaned out and the other is dropped at the expense of taking one of our best players out of midfield).

It's not personal, but Gao has not invested, has not taken us to the next level and it really shows when we are forced to rely on our second string players.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

I want more players but we have no money on 12:46 - Feb 1 with 730 viewsSaintNick

I want more players but we have no money on 08:28 - Jan 31 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Agree with TripleNiemi .... let us face it guys " WE ARE " (or were) punching way above our weight! . Plus isn't it weird that -- it does seem like nearly every year - we seem to have a dip in form and points around the Christmas/New year time, just look it up?

As to Saints money for transfers - I would like an answer to the question .............. Back in Sept our board had started legal proceedings against LD Sports for breach of contract ? who is against our asteamed Chairman/owner GAO ....So where IS our chairman? What is happening to the court case that Saints have brought against him? Over not paying for shirt sponsorship! ....... in other words we do not have any money for transfers ... from GAO's actions - IT seems to me that he only bought into the club for money laundering purposes - for his own selfish motives? As GAO has controlling interest of our club -- he put our club " up for sale " It was reported last March for £250 Million? I wonder how far that has progressed? And it doesn't look like Kat isn't interested in putting any more money up?

As for Ralph - you HAVE to feel sorry for him - if he had real financial backing --- I am sure he could even produce a team such as Leicester did - with no superstars - -A TEAM that fought for each other, and was totally focused! And actually WIN the premiership. All we need is another Marcus please!

Im sorry but this is the biggest pile of made up dross I have read on this site for a long time.

You make several allegations that you do not have a drop of evidence to even try to substantiate, if Donald Trump was a member on here, this would be the type of post he would put up.

It serves no purpose other than to stir up people into believing a load of conspiracy theories.

And I have looked up our form over Xmas/New Year

this year 10 games -8 points
last year 7 games 16 points
18/19 7 games 11 points

Sort of blows your theory out of the water a bit yes ?

Firstly LD Sports are a Taiwanese company, not Chinese. I take it you know of the Chinese governments stance towards Taiwan, to give you a clue on Saturday the Chinese government said " Taiwanese Independence means War"

Secondly where have Saints ever said they are taking court action against Gao.

Thirdly Why does it seem to you he has only brought the club for money laundering purposes, if he truly wanted to launder money he could have got his £210 million back easily over the past 3 years by simply taking the money from transfers out.
Look up China's stance towards investment in the west, it changed drastically just after Gao bought into Saints, he could no longer invest as he intended, Wolves have suffered the same fate.

Fourthly where has he ever said it is up for sale, press speculation has said it is and he is holding out for £250 million, but where have they got that figure from ?

As for Ralph, those in football know that unless you are a Big Six club you cannot compete financially, you can challenge a little for a time, but you can't compete, and unless you can get in the Champions league then you wll lose money, Saints finished 11h last year, if they spent £100 million on transfers and finish 5th it looks good on paper, but the fact is they have spent £100 million to gain £10 million in prize money.

Yes Leicester won the Premier League a great achievement, but that remains the only team to break the Man Utd/City/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool monopoly since 1995 when Blackburn did it, and all of know back then they bought the title being the richest club.

Since 1976 when we won the cup, aside from the 7 clubs mentioned who have won the premier League, only Leeds, Everton, Villa & Forest have won the league title.

That is 11 clubs in 45 years and only 1 outside of the Big Six in 26 years and you moan about us not winning the Premier League !!!!!

Your last comment shows you know nothing about Markus Liebherr or what his strategy for the club actually was, it was never about spending big money, he set down budgets and was very public he was setting the club up to run as a business not as a way to throw all his money away.

What we actually need is some people to wake up to reality, as a club we made mistakes 3 years ago in signing some stupid signings who have barely contributed and weighed us down with salary, we have spent those years trying to slowly get that burden off our shoulders, it has not been helped by the aforementioned Gao has with getting money out of China nor the Covid 19 issues that mean 99% of football clubs are losing money hand over fist and the other 1% have a very very rich owner.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024