Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley v Fulham 17:17 - Feb 17 with 1775 viewsCenturion

Surely we want a win for Burnley. Don't want Fulham to edge any closer to us.
Burnley v Fulham on 17:33 - Feb 17 with 1423 viewspjt50

I've watched Fulham a few times lately and they've got momentum. I reckon they might get a reasonable haul from their next 3 (Burnley, Sheff U, Palace). If I was Newcastle I'd be looking over my shoulder.

Hopefully we've nearly done enough & the cup doesn't turn out to be a distraction. I'd hate the Fulham match in May to be a 6-pointer.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Burnley v Fulham on 17:46 - Feb 17 with 1401 viewsdirk_doone

Burnley v Fulham on 17:33 - Feb 17 by pjt50

I've watched Fulham a few times lately and they've got momentum. I reckon they might get a reasonable haul from their next 3 (Burnley, Sheff U, Palace). If I was Newcastle I'd be looking over my shoulder.

Hopefully we've nearly done enough & the cup doesn't turn out to be a distraction. I'd hate the Fulham match in May to be a 6-pointer.

A lot of that momentum has come from Harrison Reed. He is the midfield dynamo for them. If he gets injured, they'll be in trouble.

Harrison Reed, the Fulham legend:

https://tbrfootball.com/fulham-fans-rave-about-harrison-reed-during-win-over-eve

https://tbrfootball.com/leeds-must-consider-move-for-harrison-reed-this-summer/

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Burnley v Fulham on 17:51 - Feb 17 with 1391 views1885_SFC

Fulham have only lost 1 more game than us. Too many draws and only 3 wins have done for them of course, but I like watching them & it should be an interesting game.

Old School is Cool

Burnley v Fulham on 17:53 - Feb 17 with 1385 viewspjt50

Burnley v Fulham on 17:46 - Feb 17 by dirk_doone

A lot of that momentum has come from Harrison Reed. He is the midfield dynamo for them. If he gets injured, they'll be in trouble.

https://tbrfootball.com/fulham-fans-rave-about-harrison-reed-during-win-over-eve

Never did understand why we let him go — but let's not open up that discussion again

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Burnley v Fulham on 17:53 - Feb 17 with 1382 viewssaint22

Burnley v Fulham on 17:33 - Feb 17 by pjt50

We should be looking over our shoulder too
I can't stand Burnley & if they win they go level with us FFS!!
Take a draw
Burnley v Fulham on 18:04 - Feb 17 with 1371 viewsdirk_doone

Burnley v Fulham on 17:53 - Feb 17 by saint22

We should be looking over our shoulder too
I can't stand Burnley & if they win they go level with us FFS!!
Take a draw

Burnley have discovered how to survive in the Premier League on a very limited budget, They can't afford the top attacking players so they've built from the back and got a great goalkeeper and a very good central defensive pairing in Mee and Tarkowski. They're not pretty to watch but they get a lot of 0-0 and 1-0 results. Their rare flashes of attacking brilliance come from a player who graduated through their academy: Dwight McNeil. But, they'll find it hard to hang on to him.

They'll miss Mee tonight.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 23:56]

Burnley v Fulham on 18:09 - Feb 17 with 1366 views1885_SFC

Burnley v Fulham on 18:04 - Feb 17 by dirk_doone

Burnley have discovered how to survive in the Premier League on a very limited budget, They can't afford the top attacking players so they've built from the back and got a great goalkeeper and a very good central defensive pairing in Mee and Tarkowski. They're not pretty to watch but they get a lot of 0-0 and 1-0 results. Their rare flashes of attacking brilliance come from a player who graduated through their academy: Dwight McNeil. But, they'll find it hard to hang on to him.

They'll miss Mee tonight.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 23:56]

I've thought for a long time that Pope is the best English goalkeeper we have - but Gareth obviously doesn't agree. He's a fine keeper.

Old School is Cool

Burnley v Fulham on 18:57 - Feb 17 with 1325 viewsBLEEDRED

If Fulham stay up they have to buy Lemina for 8 million, go down he comes back
What is best !!!
Login to get fewer ads

Burnley v Fulham on 19:09 - Feb 17 with 1303 viewsdirk_doone

Burnley v Fulham on 18:09 - Feb 17 by 1885_SFC

I've thought for a long time that Pope is the best English goalkeeper we have - but Gareth obviously doesn't agree. He's a fine keeper.

Yes, and Tarkowski should have more caps for England too. They're the sort of players Alf Ramsey would have picked in the 60s: not glamorous, not playing for big clubs, but essential building blocks in a solid defence.

Burnley v Fulham on 19:10 - Feb 17 with 1303 viewssaint22

Burnley v Fulham on 18:57 - Feb 17 by BLEEDRED

If Fulham stay up they have to buy Lemina for 8 million, go down he comes back
What is best !!!

Fulham may well get out of the bottom 3 you know
Who goes down if they do.......
Burnley v Fulham on 19:11 - Feb 17 with 1300 viewsdirk_doone

Burnley v Fulham on 19:10 - Feb 17 by saint22

Fulham may well get out of the bottom 3 you know
Who goes down if they do.......

Brighton.

Burnley v Fulham on 20:25 - Feb 17 with 1238 viewskernow

Burnley v Fulham on 19:09 - Feb 17 by dirk_doone

Yes, and Tarkowski should have more caps for England too. They're the sort of players Alf Ramsey would have picked in the 60s: not glamorous, not playing for big clubs, but essential building blocks in a solid defence.

As a no nonsense defender myself, I love teams that are solid at the back.

Every team also needs it's flair players who create something from nothing. Matt le Tissier was my all time favourite, naturally.

Glenn Hoddle was another, who, as a coach, recognized that good players aren't just about creating and scoring, but also putting it into row z if needed.

Disappointed ( to put it mildly) that he never gave MLT the international recognition he deserved though.
Burnley v Fulham on 20:46 - Feb 17 with 1218 viewssaint22

Burnley v Fulham on 19:11 - Feb 17 by dirk_doone

Brighton.

Not sure about that
I still think Newcastle may get dragged back
Unless we do......
Burnley v Fulham on 22:34 - Feb 17 with 1156 viewsDorsetIan

Burnley v Fulham on 20:25 - Feb 17 by kernow

As a no nonsense defender myself, I love teams that are solid at the back.

Every team also needs it's flair players who create something from nothing. Matt le Tissier was my all time favourite, naturally.

Glenn Hoddle was another, who, as a coach, recognized that good players aren't just about creating and scoring, but also putting it into row z if needed.

Disappointed ( to put it mildly) that he never gave MLT the international recognition he deserved though.

He's one for all no nonsense defenders: new book, out tomorrow.

Thou Shall Not Pass: The Anatomy of Football’s Centre-Half
by Amazon
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1472972910/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_A1G08R3GW43E4WXGTDHT

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Burnley v Fulham on 23:58 - Feb 17 with 1107 viewsdirk_doone

So, who were your favourite centre halves?

Burnley v Fulham on 00:40 - Feb 18 with 1087 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Burnley v Fulham on 17:46 - Feb 17 by dirk_doone

I always thought he looked good as well ... but I'm not a highly paid football manager and I also thought Jack Cork shouldn't have been sold.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Burnley v Fulham on 04:23 - Feb 18 with 1052 viewskernow

Burnley v Fulham on 23:58 - Feb 17 by dirk_doone

Alan Hansen
Mel Blyth
Dean Richards
Steve Bruce
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 4:26]
Burnley v Fulham on 05:04 - Feb 18 with 1035 viewskernow

Special mention for Paul McGrath.
Burnley v Fulham on 09:10 - Feb 18 with 946 viewsIngskneeslide

Burnley v Fulham on 20:46 - Feb 17 by saint22

Not sure about that
I still think Newcastle may get dragged back
Unless we do......

You’d love it to be us but it won’t be no matter how much you subject us to your drooling over the prospect. Very weird behaviour
Burnley v Fulham on 13:17 - Feb 18 with 861 viewsTimSaint

Burnley v Fulham on 23:58 - Feb 17 by dirk_doone

Malcolm Walron - No idea why but like him as a kid
Neil Ruddock - bit of a character I suppose plus his Stomp and goal or 2
Dean Richards - Quality and so sad when he left us. My Granddad's fave too.
Michael Svensson - Brilliant, but dogged by injuries
Virgil van Dijk - Absolute Class, that is until he had his head turned

I liked Claus and Fonte too, but they were never my favourite CBs. I also witnessed both of the goals that Claus scored for us (at the right end), away to Wolves and home to Cardiff - can many others on here claim that feat ? !!

We have had our fair share of awful CBs in my time as well, but I guess that is for a different thread !!

TimSaint

Burnley v Fulham on 13:34 - Feb 18 with 857 views1885_SFC

Well there's always my old school mate Mark Whitlock who played for Saints as a centre back in the early 1980's. He was eventually sold, along with David Puckett, to Bournemouth as part of the Colin Clarke deal.

Haven't seen him in years.

[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 13:36]

Old School is Cool

Burnley v Fulham on 14:47 - Feb 18 with 827 viewsDorsetIan

Are we including players from other teams? If so, Brian Kilcline.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Burnley v Fulham on 14:57 - Feb 18 with 824 viewssaint22

Burnley v Fulham on 09:10 - Feb 18 by Ingskneeslide

You’d love it to be us but it won’t be no matter how much you subject us to your drooling over the prospect. Very weird behaviour

Oh do one weirdo stalker
You think we are on a good run do you
Burnley v Fulham on 15:17 - Feb 18 with 817 viewsBicester_North

Burnley v Fulham on 13:17 - Feb 18 by TimSaint

Malcolm Walron - No idea why but like him as a kid
Neil Ruddock - bit of a character I suppose plus his Stomp and goal or 2
Dean Richards - Quality and so sad when he left us. My Granddad's fave too.
Michael Svensson - Brilliant, but dogged by injuries
Virgil van Dijk - Absolute Class, that is until he had his head turned

I liked Claus and Fonte too, but they were never my favourite CBs. I also witnessed both of the goals that Claus scored for us (at the right end), away to Wolves and home to Cardiff - can many others on here claim that feat ? !!

We have had our fair share of awful CBs in my time as well, but I guess that is for a different thread !!

No Mark Wright? He was sheer class

Loved Kevin Moore as well RIP, not the greatest but what a pro

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Burnley v Fulham on 16:12 - Feb 18 with 794 viewsTimSaint

Burnley v Fulham on 15:17 - Feb 18 by Bicester_North

No Mark Wright? He was sheer class

Loved Kevin Moore as well RIP, not the greatest but what a pro

Mark Wright was indeed great, but he was one of my mate's favourite players, so at that age, I couldn't choose him !! Think I went for Andy Townsend or Alan Curtis instead !! :-)

Would have loved him to have stayed with us for longer, but he wasn't without his issues :-)

I was at WHL for the Liverpool semi final when he was sandwiched between Shilts and Rush (?) for that leg breaker !!

Good to see him on that Harry's Heroes programme, but he came across as easily distracted by anything involving alcohol and Neil Ruddock !! :-)

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024