Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't worry, we're staying up 14:32 - Feb 28 with 1630 viewskingslandstand1

From what I've heard about the W Brom / Brighton game and watching Burnley at the moment, and with Sheff Utd probably gone, I don't think any of those will bother us for the bottom 3!

Onwards and Upwards

Oh, the Geordies as well ................. (although they beat us)
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 14:33]
Don't worry, we're staying up on 15:19 - Feb 28 with 1570 viewssaint22

Next 4 games will tell us
Should pick up 5 points
If not we are right in it
Don't worry, we're staying up on 19:03 - Feb 28 with 1443 viewsForeverred

I still believe this team have 3 wins and a couple of draws in them to secure safety. Perm any of the the following games ,Sheffield united a Brighton h West Brom a Burnley h c palace h fulham h
We must get those points from these games and we will be ok.
Don't worry, we're staying up on 20:04 - Feb 28 with 1397 viewsA1079

Don't worry, we're staying up on 19:03 - Feb 28 by Foreverred

I still believe this team have 3 wins and a couple of draws in them to secure safety. Perm any of the the following games ,Sheffield united a Brighton h West Brom a Burnley h c palace h fulham h
We must get those points from these games and we will be ok.

But is that what it has come to?

Every year, just satisfied to get across the line somehow! I appreciate I am getting on in years but I recall a time when we were not just there to make up the numbers but now it feels that as long as we stay in the PL , anyhow, then that is enough.
Don't worry, we're staying up on 21:03 - Feb 28 with 1363 viewskingslandstand1

Don't worry, we're staying up on 20:04 - Feb 28 by A1079

But is that what it has come to?

Every year, just satisfied to get across the line somehow! I appreciate I am getting on in years but I recall a time when we were not just there to make up the numbers but now it feels that as long as we stay in the PL , anyhow, then that is enough.

That's really where my OP was coming from A1079

After 10 games this season I, and I supect quite a few others on here, was thinking about a serious let's get back in to Europe season coming. We were paying well, getting national plaudits, and even got to the top of the tree! Ok, we knew we wouldn't stay there for long, even the club took the pi55 out of that with the "Stop the count" tee shirts etc.

But hey, it was good while it lasted and while Villa, West Ham and Leicester have continued their progress we seem to have gone in to reverse
Don't worry, we're staying up on 21:57 - Feb 28 with 1334 viewsForeverred

I am afraid that is the reality we are faced with, I like other saints fans would love to see us progressing every season, but until we have a set up like Leicester where Brendan Rogers has strength in dept in his 22 players , so when injuries come along it doesn’t necessarily weaken his squad, then maybe we would have been in a better position to have keep our early season form going and maintained a higher position now without worrying about whether we will be dragged into a relegation scrap.until this club changes its ambitions on whether we want European football, and outlay the necessary finances to to do so , then a top ten position will only be achievable in my opinion. Thinking back to the last time we qualified for the europa league under puell ,we never really had the players to rotate from playing on a Thursday and then on a Sunday, and it seemed to me we were only to happy to go out to a inferior team from Israel. So until the club can match the same ambitions of its fans , it will probably be the same again next season.
Don't worry, we're staying up on 23:29 - Feb 28 with 1285 viewsDorsetIan

Don't worry, we're staying up on 21:57 - Feb 28 by Foreverred

I am afraid that is the reality we are faced with, I like other saints fans would love to see us progressing every season, but until we have a set up like Leicester where Brendan Rogers has strength in dept in his 22 players , so when injuries come along it doesn’t necessarily weaken his squad, then maybe we would have been in a better position to have keep our early season form going and maintained a higher position now without worrying about whether we will be dragged into a relegation scrap.until this club changes its ambitions on whether we want European football, and outlay the necessary finances to to do so , then a top ten position will only be achievable in my opinion. Thinking back to the last time we qualified for the europa league under puell ,we never really had the players to rotate from playing on a Thursday and then on a Sunday, and it seemed to me we were only to happy to go out to a inferior team from Israel. So until the club can match the same ambitions of its fans , it will probably be the same again next season.

It is not possible for a football club to decide that it doesn't want to progress but that it is never going to go down.

Just like on a bicycle, if you don't keep moving forward, you fall over.

And the premier league has an illustrious list of established 'mid-table' teams, now playing their football in the Championship or League 1, as other teams with more ambition have stepped into their shoes.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Don't worry, we're staying up on 12:01 - Mar 1 with 1139 viewssledger

Time for ralph to ditch our gungho style we just dont have the players,forwards who rarely score and a defence that leaks chances for fun,grind a result against chelsea then try to play leeds at there own game when everyone knows they struggle against a deep defence,ralph has questions to answer
Don't worry, we're staying up on 12:13 - Mar 1 with 1124 viewsdwayne_dibley

Don't worry, we're staying up on 12:01 - Mar 1 by sledger

Time for ralph to ditch our gungho style we just dont have the players,forwards who rarely score and a defence that leaks chances for fun,grind a result against chelsea then try to play leeds at there own game when everyone knows they struggle against a deep defence,ralph has questions to answer

Remember The Alamo!

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Login to get fewer ads

Don't worry, we're staying up on 15:34 - Mar 14 with 972 viewsForeverred

A very disappointing result again, I expected more effort from the from saints today, again the second half showing was very poor.brighton wanted it more, and our defensive frailties were exposed again. First goal Bertie failed to challenge dunk giving him a free header, again why no one on the goal line on the near post. If Bertie wants to do something at corners ,guard the near post. In my opinion Bertie defending has deteriorated this season and would not be unhappy if he goes at the end of the season. The second goal was down to Benarek not being on the Brighton players shoulder giving him a free run at goal. Lallana ran the mid field for them ,we were always a yard short of pace during the game. Brighton and Fulham are too close for comfort we need a couple of wins from somewhere, but on this showing I don’t know where from .'
Don't worry, we're staying up on 16:01 - Mar 14 with 897 viewssquidofdespair

Don't worry, we're staying up on 15:34 - Mar 14 by Foreverred

A very disappointing result again, I expected more effort from the from saints today, again the second half showing was very poor.brighton wanted it more, and our defensive frailties were exposed again. First goal Bertie failed to challenge dunk giving him a free header, again why no one on the goal line on the near post. If Bertie wants to do something at corners ,guard the near post. In my opinion Bertie defending has deteriorated this season and would not be unhappy if he goes at the end of the season. The second goal was down to Benarek not being on the Brighton players shoulder giving him a free run at goal. Lallana ran the mid field for them ,we were always a yard short of pace during the game. Brighton and Fulham are too close for comfort we need a couple of wins from somewhere, but on this showing I don’t know where from .'

At this stage and with these results a normal club would bin the manager and hope the bounce would provide a few points.

Good

Bye

Ralph
Don't worry, we're staying up on 16:52 - Mar 14 with 866 viewspjt50

You can still get odds of 50/1 against Saints getting relegated (behind Newcastle, Brighton & Burnley). Exit the cup next week & lose the next two PL games & I might get worried.

[This post in no way advocates gambling ]

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Don't worry, we're staying up on 18:17 - Mar 14 with 796 viewskernow

Don't worry, we're staying up on 16:52 - Mar 14 by pjt50

You can still get odds of 50/1 against Saints getting relegated (behind Newcastle, Brighton & Burnley). Exit the cup next week & lose the next two PL games & I might get worried.

[This post in no way advocates gambling ]

Tempted to slap a grand down at those odds.
Whilst hoping they lose every game, knowing Saints, those fekkas never fail to disappoint and my money would be lost, deservedly no doubt some might say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024