Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weds 19:28 - Mar 7 with 1095 viewssaint22

Ominous from Guardiola

Ten games left, now we arrive the important part of the season. The last 10 games are important and we start next Wednesday. We will try to win as many games as possible to be champions.

Weds on 19:32 - Mar 7 with 1088 viewsIngskneeslide

We’re almost certainly going to lose so don’t get your knickers in a twist about it. I’d take a spirited one goal defeat right now. We’ve got bigger fish to fry
Weds on 19:40 - Mar 7 with 1064 viewsA1079

I don't think today's result has made it any more difficult Saint22 because it was always going to be a tall order but I understand what you are alluding to.

If Man City were going to have a blip then today was probably it and they are unlikely to repeat it twice in a single week.

What is important is that we keep the goals conceded to a minimum - you never know goal difference may matter and we need to try and avoid injuries - Brighton is a very important game and though they are struggling for goals, so are we.

6 more points should do it for us but the sooner we get them the better.
Weds on 19:49 - Mar 7 with 1056 viewsBicester_North

Weds on 19:32 - Mar 7 by Ingskneeslide

We’re almost certainly going to lose so don’t get your knickers in a twist about it. I’d take a spirited one goal defeat right now. We’ve got bigger fish to fry

I’d take a spirited 2 or 3 goal defeat. Anything more might knock the confidence before the all important cup tie

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Weds on 20:05 - Mar 7 with 1026 viewsIngskneeslide

Weds on 19:49 - Mar 7 by Bicester_North

I’d take a spirited 2 or 3 goal defeat. Anything more might knock the confidence before the all important cup tie

Now we’ve got the majority of our first team back I have no worries about relegation whatsoever (and only thought it was a very outside chance even before yesterday). The cup has to be the focus. Is it still the case that the runners up can get into Europe depending on who the other finalist is? As bad as we’ve been recently I still think on our day and with a full strength team we can turn anyone over
Weds on 20:15 - Mar 7 with 1008 viewsBicester_North

Weds on 20:05 - Mar 7 by Ingskneeslide

Now we’ve got the majority of our first team back I have no worries about relegation whatsoever (and only thought it was a very outside chance even before yesterday). The cup has to be the focus. Is it still the case that the runners up can get into Europe depending on who the other finalist is? As bad as we’ve been recently I still think on our day and with a full strength team we can turn anyone over

Agreed, we’ve beaten all the big boys at some point under Ralph’s stewardship so nothing to suggest we can’t win the cup if we can keep the key players fit

I’m one of those who would happily take relegation for an FA cup win, and we are 66/1 to go down for a reason

Weds on 20:47 - Mar 7 with 955 viewsIngskneeslide

Weds on 20:15 - Mar 7 by Bicester_North

Agreed, we’ve beaten all the big boys at some point under Ralph’s stewardship so nothing to suggest we can’t win the cup if we can keep the key players fit

I’m one of those who would happily take relegation for an FA cup win, and we are 66/1 to go down for a reason

Wish more of our fans saw it that way. The focus on the prem is tiresome (as is the prem itself 90% of the time)
Weds on 20:58 - Mar 7 with 932 viewsTripleNiemi

FA Cup full bore.......

If we cannot muster two more league wins this year then we bloödy deserve to go down (not even concerned though tbh).

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Weds on 22:42 - Mar 7 with 847 viewskingslandstand1

Weds on 20:15 - Mar 7 by Bicester_North

Have just seen those odds, and while I'm a bit pi55ed off that we are even being mentioned down there, it will probably be the 3 favourites at the moment in that Newcastle are in the 3 to go down!

But we are 12/1 to win the cup so that's got to be worth a couple of bob!
Login to get fewer ads

Weds on 22:49 - Mar 7 with 837 viewsA1079

Weds on 20:47 - Mar 7 by Ingskneeslide

Wish more of our fans saw it that way. The focus on the prem is tiresome (as is the prem itself 90% of the time)

Funny you should say that Ingskneeslide because I find myself being a bit of a hypocrite on this.

I have almost complete disdain for the the PL, the focus on an elite few, the ridiculous amount of money, the play acting of many players, the bias of officials and pundits, VAR, the coverage etc etc and I also feel that if all you are doing is making up the numbers and cannot realistically compete unless you have the way with all to seriously invest that enables you to compete then you may as well play at a level you can compete.

I have often been asked and I have always said that with all honesty, overall, I enjoyed a day out watching my team play in the championship as much, if not more, than I do now (pre-Covid obviously). But, in the next breath I don't want to see us relegated even though I know, that if we survive one season to the next in the PL the narrative over a season will likely be much the same. It is the hope though isn't it, that there will be that season we do a Leicester, that one time we beat a top side etc etc.

But, one of the best days of my watching Saints was the Carabao cup final. I know we lost, but we were tremendous that day and our fans were great. The atmosphere, the singing, the pure joy of getting to a final. It was something special for us. I would love to experience that again.

Mixed up I know.
Weds on 23:08 - Mar 7 with 832 viewsBicester_North

Weds on 22:49 - Mar 7 by A1079

Funny you should say that Ingskneeslide because I find myself being a bit of a hypocrite on this.

I have almost complete disdain for the the PL, the focus on an elite few, the ridiculous amount of money, the play acting of many players, the bias of officials and pundits, VAR, the coverage etc etc and I also feel that if all you are doing is making up the numbers and cannot realistically compete unless you have the way with all to seriously invest that enables you to compete then you may as well play at a level you can compete.

I have often been asked and I have always said that with all honesty, overall, I enjoyed a day out watching my team play in the championship as much, if not more, than I do now (pre-Covid obviously). But, in the next breath I don't want to see us relegated even though I know, that if we survive one season to the next in the PL the narrative over a season will likely be much the same. It is the hope though isn't it, that there will be that season we do a Leicester, that one time we beat a top side etc etc.

But, one of the best days of my watching Saints was the Carabao cup final. I know we lost, but we were tremendous that day and our fans were great. The atmosphere, the singing, the pure joy of getting to a final. It was something special for us. I would love to experience that again.

Mixed up I know.

If you’re talking just football memories about Saints, I suppose most of our best memories would come in the league or in Europe for the jollies as we haven’t had that much success in the cups

And the trouble is these days if you aren’t in the PL you have no chance of winning a cup or getting into Europe

So it’s a double edged sword

Some of the best league memories are just about surviving like Dellhurst, or turning Liverpool or Man U over in the 80’s or 90’s

But the 2 cup wins at Fratton, Anfield in the league cup, the Watford semi final and 76 for those that were old enough would be the greatest ever
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 23:16]

Weds on 23:33 - Mar 7 with 814 viewsRon11

Weds on 23:08 - Mar 7 by Bicester_North

If you’re talking just football memories about Saints, I suppose most of our best memories would come in the league or in Europe for the jollies as we haven’t had that much success in the cups

And the trouble is these days if you aren’t in the PL you have no chance of winning a cup or getting into Europe

So it’s a double edged sword

Some of the best league memories are just about surviving like Dellhurst, or turning Liverpool or Man U over in the 80’s or 90’s

But the 2 cup wins at Fratton, Anfield in the league cup, the Watford semi final and 76 for those that were old enough would be the greatest ever
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 23:16]

I wouldn't be surprised to see Saints get a point...
Weds on 00:56 - Mar 8 with 798 viewsdarthvader

We have been on such a bad run of late with results
, injuries and var ref stuff that the way it goes with saints ~we could actually, go there , get a weird run of actual good luck during the game and win . What a story that would be ....

keep the faith coyr

Weds on 06:26 - Mar 8 with 749 viewsSaintsforeverj

Weds on 00:56 - Mar 8 by darthvader

We have been on such a bad run of late with results
, injuries and var ref stuff that the way it goes with saints ~we could actually, go there , get a weird run of actual good luck during the game and win . What a story that would be ....

Who knows. Anything is possible as a one off in the PL. I just hope we go there, put in a decent performance and don't get thrashed. One, two or even three nil defeat and then on to the next game, would be fine. I just hope we make dam sure we don't start getting players sent off! The biggest concern for games like this, is no more huge thrashings please! And of course, you never know, we might get a surprise result.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Weds on 06:35 - Mar 8 with 741 viewssaint22

Weds on 06:26 - Mar 8 by Saintsforeverj

Who knows. Anything is possible as a one off in the PL. I just hope we go there, put in a decent performance and don't get thrashed. One, two or even three nil defeat and then on to the next game, would be fine. I just hope we make dam sure we don't start getting players sent off! The biggest concern for games like this, is no more huge thrashings please! And of course, you never know, we might get a surprise result.

I would take a 1 nil defeat and no injuries
Weds on 16:38 - Mar 9 with 495 viewsNewdawn2014

Saints Marvellous Miracle , a modern day fantasy " a fantastic yet believable read " Ralph Hasenhuttl .
Weds on 17:02 - Mar 9 with 476 viewspjt50

Difficult decision for Ralph on the RB position.

Risk starting with KWP again & have hardly any chance, or save him for Brighton & have no chance. If he goes for the latter I'll be viewing from behind the sofa again.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Weds on 08:44 - Mar 10 with 368 viewsSonicBoom

Guardiola predicted 18-0.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024