Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket at the Rose Bowl question 15:46 - Mar 9 with 1243 viewssolent_toffee

Of Ageus or whatever it’s called.

Has anyone ever watched a game from the balconies at the Hilton. My brother and family are staying there during one of the hundred games this summer and I’m hoping to watch it from there, being a mingebag and all.

Are they strict with guests rocking up?
Cricket at the Rose Bowl question on 16:08 - Mar 9 with 1215 viewspjt50

In normal times I try to do it once a year. Haven't had guests personally but I've never seen checks at the hotel entrance so, in practice, it's probably difficult to stop. Just as well to be discrete, though. On one occasion reception challenged somebody when I was checking in but they just said something like they were going to the restaurant & kept going.

Hope the weather stays fine.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Cricket at the Rose Bowl question on 21:38 - Mar 9 with 1092 viewsSaintNick

Cricket at the Rose Bowl question on 16:08 - Mar 9 by pjt50

In normal times I try to do it once a year. Haven't had guests personally but I've never seen checks at the hotel entrance so, in practice, it's probably difficult to stop. Just as well to be discrete, though. On one occasion reception challenged somebody when I was checking in but they just said something like they were going to the restaurant & kept going.

As was said meet them in the bar after they have checked in to their room no one will know

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Cricket at the Rose Bowl question on 06:23 - Mar 10 with 1025 viewssolent_toffee

Cricket at the Rose Bowl question on 16:08 - Mar 9 by pjt50

Great stuff, thanks for that.

My brothers got two rooms, one for him and wife and one for the kids. Had to pay £30 quid extra for the night due to the cricket. Will defo do that then and as you say, just be discreet.

Hope we get a great summer weather wise, can’t wait to get back to the cricket - got a few T20’s booked in already.
Cricket at the Rose Bowl question on 08:24 - Mar 10 with 998 viewsBerber

Just don't look or act like a member of the Barmy Army, I would guess, and definitely avoid fancy dress.
Cricket at the Rose Bowl question on 14:11 - Mar 11 with 878 views1teeminants

Cricket at the Rose Bowl question on 06:23 - Mar 10 by solent_toffee

Great stuff, thanks for that.

My brothers got two rooms, one for him and wife and one for the kids. Had to pay £30 quid extra for the night due to the cricket. Will defo do that then and as you say, just be discreet.

Hope we get a great summer weather wise, can’t wait to get back to the cricket - got a few T20’s booked in already.

Me too. I miss the cricket, often went to the 20/20’s at the Rose bowl ( I refuse to call it Ageas) . I was a member for years at the old Northlands road County ground, seen every Hampshire final at Lords and I played club cricket for 30 years. Love it.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Cricket at the Rose Bowl question on 13:40 - Mar 12 with 781 viewsUlsterBaz

I’ve tickets for the Sri Lanka T20 in June. Can’t wait, haven’t seen a bad one yet at the Ageas bowl. The night Aaron Finch battered the England bowlers all round the park was something else.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024