Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad depth 18:19 - Mar 9 with 915 viewsIngskneeslide

This has been our biggest issue this season. We had an unprecedented run of injuries and bad luck but with a deeper squad I think we still would have been able to steady the ship and not drop so far down the table. We’ve shown that our first team is very decent but beyond that we’re struggling and can get ourselves into trouble with some injuries or suspensions.

So, if we want to keep progressing and aim for realistic targets next season (a cup run and mid-table finish or a European spot but probably without a cup run) then what do we need to achieve that, presuming that the current squad stays as it is (bar loan players)? I’m not making this thread to have a long-winded debate about our owners because it’s pretty clear where we stand on that front. I’m interested to know what players you think we need and how near or far we are to achieving that.
Squad depth on 18:37 - Mar 9 with 899 viewskingslandstand1

Ralph made it clear publicly that he has said he needs a bigger (better quality I read that as) squad for next season, so it will be interesting to see what happens in the summer, and if the answer to that is nothing, then what will Ralph do

Isn't his time with us or it may be if he fulfils his contract, not sure, it will be his longest time at any one club so therefore sees us as a decent project?
Squad depth on 19:40 - Mar 9 with 853 viewsBicester_North

Difficult to know what we need until the contract situations are sorted.

If Ings goes we need another goal scorer as a priority, preferably one with some pace but they cost a fortune. along with first choice left back and back up right back.

If Jankewitz turns out ok and Smallbone comes back we should be ok in midfield.

If Tella keeps his form up I’m hoping the rest of the forward positions are fine

Forgot keeper as well, could do with a promising young one
[Post edited 9 Mar 2021 19:44]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Squad depth on 19:48 - Mar 9 with 839 viewspjt50

Better quality costs — both in transfer fees & wages - and even then the Premier League is littered with transfer disasters. Who in their right mind would think Joelinton is worth £40 million or Kepa an incredible £72 million?

Realistically we're looking for players with the potential to be better than our starting 11, rather than just bodies to sit on the bench. Trouble is lots of other clubs across Europe are looking for the same thing. In this marketplace any buy represents a gamble. For every Van Dyke & KWP you unearth there are dozens of Hoedts & Leminas.

It would be good to think that our recruitment process (I assume the black box is still going) is somehow better than the rest but in reality it probably isn't. Let's hope for the best.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024