Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread 15:19 - Mar 10 with 3694 viewsSaintNick

Less than 3 hours to go

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:03 - Mar 10 with 1078 viewssaint22

McCarthy, stephens......WTF??!!
Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:04 - Mar 10 with 1079 viewsBicester_North

Strange team selection, is it 5 at the back?

Don’t see the logic in McCarthy coming back

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Mar 10 with 1071 viewsBazza

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:04 - Mar 10 by Bicester_North

Strange team selection, is it 5 at the back?

Don’t see the logic in McCarthy coming back

5-0?
Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Mar 10 with 1071 viewsdirk_doone

With McCarthy and Stephens coming in for Forster and Walker-Peters it almost looks like Ralph is throwing this one. They certainly don't need to be rested as they haven't played that many games.

I can only assume that he sees the next 2 games, against Brighton and Bournemouth, as the most important of the season and is saving his best players for them. But, he is taking the risk of another humiliating big scoreline tonight, which won't do much good for team morale. This is certainly one of Ralph's strangest team selections.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 17:13]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:11 - Mar 10 with 1057 viewsericofarabia

The 18-0 might be on the cards!!

Their bench could probably beat us 9-0 with only 10 men
Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:14 - Mar 10 with 1041 views1885_SFC

No Tella, KWP or Diallo starting. I think that's the right thing to do - save them for Brighton.

We're not going to get anything from City away lads. We never were. We have much bigger games just around the corner.

A good move by Ralph

Old School is Cool

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:17 - Mar 10 with 1027 viewscocklebreath

Might be a good thing leaving Forster out as his newly discovered confidence might have taken a battering tonight, should be back for Brighton

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:19 - Mar 10 with 1026 viewsdirk_doone

But, only 1 of the bottom 8 teams currently has a better goal difference than us. With McCarthy and Stephens playing tonight that could certainly change and it's almost like dropping another point. With Forster and Walker-Peters in the team, I'd expected us to lose by no worse than the odd goal or 2 and possibly even sneak a 0-0 draw..
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 17:20]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Mar 10 with 1011 viewsHeisenberg

Walker Peters still isn’t match fit. Ralph has written this one off and has gone for damage limitation. Why McCarthy is in goal is a strange one though. Let’s face it anything below 4-0 is a reasonable result. It’s the way the premier league is.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Mar 10 with 1011 viewscocklebreath

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:19 - Mar 10 by dirk_doone

But, only 1 of the bottom 8 teams currently has a better goal difference than us. With McCarthy and Stephens playing tonight that could certainly change and it's almost like dropping another point. With Forster and Walker-Peters in the team, I'd expected us to lose by no worse than the odd goal or 2 and possibly even sneak a 0-0 draw..
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 17:20]

We’re not going down Dirk, we’ve got about 5 winnable games left and only need 2 wins

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Mar 10 with 1002 views1885_SFC

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Mar 10 by Heisenberg

Walker Peters still isn’t match fit. Ralph has written this one off and has gone for damage limitation. Why McCarthy is in goal is a strange one though. Let’s face it anything below 4-0 is a reasonable result. It’s the way the premier league is.

As strange (and negative) as it seems - I'm fully expecting 4-0 tonight anyway - long before the team was announced.

Old School is Cool

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:28 - Mar 10 with 986 viewsDorsetIan

I understand that we don't want to risk injuries to important players but it feels almost masochistic to field this team.

There's no point dwelling on the potential weaknesses as we all know what they are.

I just want to wish this team the very best of luck. I'm trying to thing of an appropriate backs to the wall military victory against all odds analogy!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:29 - Mar 10 with 982 viewsgrumpy

I don't like the message this sends out to the team, its almost as if you are surrendering before a ball is even kicked.
Football is a strange game, did anyone think Fulham would beat Liverpool the other day?
Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:29 - Mar 10 with 981 viewsButty101

Crumbs 4 centrebacks in one team. That line up has 5-0 dicking written all over it. That brighton at home is very winnable and worth resting for

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:33 - Mar 10 with 970 viewsUlsterBaz

He’s clearly written the game off prioritising the weekend. I understand why but I’m not sure I agree with it.
Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:33 - Mar 10 with 967 viewsButty101

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:29 - Mar 10 by Butty101

Crumbs 4 centrebacks in one team. That line up has 5-0 dicking written all over it. That brighton at home is very winnable and worth resting for

Stephens in midfield?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:35 - Mar 10 with 961 viewsgrumpy

What sort of message does it send to the players he's brought in?
Oh! well we are going to lose so we might as well bring you back...
I don't like that kind of philosophy.
Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:38 - Mar 10 with 946 viewsDorsetIan

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:35 - Mar 10 by grumpy

What sort of message does it send to the players he's brought in?
Oh! well we are going to lose so we might as well bring you back...
I don't like that kind of philosophy.

Yes, sort of sacrificial lambs. I suppose they could respond in one of two ways.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:39 - Mar 10 with 946 viewsBerber

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:11 - Mar 10 by ericofarabia

The 18-0 might be on the cards!!

Their bench could probably beat us 9-0 with only 10 men

Apparently the weather in Manchester is filthy rainstorm, echos of Leicester?
Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:40 - Mar 10 with 943 viewsgrumpy

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:38 - Mar 10 by DorsetIan

Yes, sort of sacrificial lambs. I suppose they could respond in one of two ways.

True, football can be a strange game.
Depends how long we can hold out for....
Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:41 - Mar 10 with 940 viewssaint22

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:29 - Mar 10 by grumpy

I don't like the message this sends out to the team, its almost as if you are surrendering before a ball is even kicked.
Football is a strange game, did anyone think Fulham would beat Liverpool the other day?

Agreed I get resting KWP but why nt play Ramsay and really am unsure about McCarthy, setting up to defend against city with a solid full strength defence is an error!
Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:43 - Mar 10 with 939 viewsIngskneeslide

Don’t get the meltdown about the team selection. Still has the majority of our first team in it, Salisu (our supposed saviour a few weeks ago), and five at the back to at least give us a fighting chance against their horrifically talented attack. If RH put that team out on Saturday I’d be angry but it makes sense to save some legs tonight
Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:44 - Mar 10 with 929 viewssaint22

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:40 - Mar 10 by grumpy

True, football can be a strange game.
Depends how long we can hold out for....

The midfield lacks strength though big time
Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:47 - Mar 10 with 913 viewskingslandstand1

Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:43 - Mar 10 by Ingskneeslide

Don’t get the meltdown about the team selection. Still has the majority of our first team in it, Salisu (our supposed saviour a few weeks ago), and five at the back to at least give us a fighting chance against their horrifically talented attack. If RH put that team out on Saturday I’d be angry but it makes sense to save some legs tonight

I'm with this viewpoint!
Saints At Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:48 - Mar 10 with 914 views1885_SFC

Ralph is perhaps sending a hint/message to the owner in advance of Summer recruits...

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024