Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Wilder 16:29 - Mar 12 with 989 viewskingslandstand1

About to get the sack apparently

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55254730

Who on earth can save them from the drop now, unless they have accepted that and want someone else to bring them back up again? He's been there 5 years which is a fair amount of time and done well getting them up (a bit like Eddie Howe), but seems like strange timing
Chris Wilder on 16:42 - Mar 12 with 975 viewscocklebreath

Last straw losing to Saints, it happens a lot

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Chris Wilder on 17:33 - Mar 12 with 922 viewskingslandstand1

Chris Wilder on 16:42 - Mar 12 by cocklebreath

Last straw losing to Saints, it happens a lot

Chris Wilder on 17:41 - Mar 12 with 917 viewsSadoldgit

He did an amazing job last season as I expected them to finish bottom. He would also be an excellent choice to bring them back up. I can’t see anybody saving them now so it seems a bit pointless, but it is what clubs do.
Chris Wilder on 18:03 - Mar 12 with 897 viewspjt50

If the story is that he wouldn't agree to somebody else overseeing transfers then I suppose he had to go. The purchase of Brewster, Ramsdale & Burke (sounds like a firm of undertakers) for £50 million was a bit of a disaster. Although, to be fair, in the past they'd recruited quite well.

Should also serve as a salutary warning to those who want us to throw money at the transfer market. In the price range (fees & wages) we're competing in, every purchase is a risk. Comparing the likes of KWP, Salisu & Diallo with the above suggests we're getting something right — although finding strikers to hit the ground running is always harder.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Chris Wilder on 20:46 - Mar 12 with 780 viewsSadoldgit

I remember having an argument about 30 years ago about who should be responsible for the buying of players. At the time the managers used to be responsible but a certain Rupert Lowe brought in Niemi and Killer, much to the annoyance of the other person. Now managers coach and someone else buys the players and eyebrows are raised if the manager buys players. How times change!
Chris Wilder on 09:55 - Mar 13 with 672 viewsChesham_Saint

His sacking is another reason why I despise tattoos. Pity the poor Sheff Utd fan who had a likeness of Wilder's face tattooed across the back of his hand. What a loser. Still, he only has to put up with looking at an image of this man every day for the rest of his life.

Could be worse.

Oh, wait...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Chris Wilder on 11:21 - Mar 13 with 637 viewsBerber

Chris Wilder on 17:41 - Mar 12 by Sadoldgit

He did an amazing job last season as I expected them to finish bottom. He would also be an excellent choice to bring them back up. I can’t see anybody saving them now so it seems a bit pointless, but it is what clubs do.

I agree, his leaving will not save them, and they will then go through a change in culture next season as personnel change. Their best bet is to retain him for NEXT season, as this time they have been found out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024