Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Ings Wants Game Time Not Bench Time Next Season 09:45 - Mar 31 with 772 viewsSaintsNews

Danny Ings Wants Game Time Not Bench Time Next Season 31st Mar 2021 09:41
Sources have stated that Danny Ings main consideration going forward is game time and not sitting on the bench whether he is at St Mary's or anywhere else, as speculation rages about where he will be playing next season. 3

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Danny Ings Wants Game Time Not Bench Time Next Season on 11:41 - Mar 31 with 713 views1885_SFC

If he's fit - surely his name is the very first name that Ralph scribbles down on the team sheet?

He won't get nowhere near the playing time at one of the so-called big clubs.

Either he and his agent are fishing for a club that will ensure he gets plenty of game time... or today is April 1st and not tomorrow!!!

Old School is Cool

Danny Ings Wants Game Time Not Bench Time Next Season on 12:06 - Mar 31 with 703 viewsA1079

The way I read it is that Danny Ings believes in his own ability to be the best and an automatic choice wherever he plays. So, he is not afraid to go to a so called bigger club where he may have to prove his ability more because he is confident he can. He does not see himself as sitting on the bench waiting his turn. What I think he is saying (of course I don't know like no one else knows) is that if you sign me and I am the best then I want the game time, guarantee me that and I will sign for you (all other things considered).

At Saints he is guaranteed the playing time because he is the best we have (on his day), the problem at Saints is that when he plays he is having to cover virtually the whole pitch tracking backwards and forwards. This means he gets no break, greater risk of obtaining injuries and arguably the feed from other players is not as good as it might be at a top club where defenders do the defending, midfield are the engine and attackers score the goals.

One of his problems convincing other clubs is his injury record but as I have said above, how much of his injury issues are down to the way he has to play at Saints? We have an appalling injury record across the team this season and it can't all be down to bad luck! Players have to do more than the role they are employed for because we do not have the quality in all areas.

I disagree with the comment on Rickie Lambert. I don't recall Saints fans being up in arms at all - quite the opposite actually. Just about every Saints fan I knew wished him well, recognising that here is a player who served us well and before the sun set on his career he wanted an opportunity to have a season with his boyhood club. As much as many of us have an antipathy towards Liverpool few would deny any player that opportunity to finish with the club where you have an affinity with since birth. It was nothing like the situation with Lallana and Van Dijk or even Mane to a degree.
Danny Ings Wants Game Time Not Bench Time Next Season on 12:47 - Mar 31 with 677 viewsSonicBoom

I agree with most of what A1079 says.
I'd add that Ings to City is absolute BS. Or at least it is if he wants to a main striker at a club. City are after Haaland and Mbape. We love Ings but he's not in their class. If City buy Ings it will be to play in the cups and the lower PL games. There is more chance of City buying Haaland AND Ings rather than just Ings.

Also if you were City and with the ambitions they have, would you buy Ings and rely on his goals with his injury record? I wouldn't. And finally Guardiola famously dropped Aguero at first until he worked harder for the team so Ings won't be able to go there and do less work than he currently does.

I think his level would be Everton or Spurs or possibly West Ham if they get into Europe, but overall I think he'll stay.
Danny Ings Wants Game Time Not Bench Time Next Season on 13:19 - Mar 31 with 658 viewssolent_toffee

Danny Ings Wants Game Time Not Bench Time Next Season on 12:47 - Mar 31 by SonicBoom

I agree with most of what A1079 says.
I'd add that Ings to City is absolute BS. Or at least it is if he wants to a main striker at a club. City are after Haaland and Mbape. We love Ings but he's not in their class. If City buy Ings it will be to play in the cups and the lower PL games. There is more chance of City buying Haaland AND Ings rather than just Ings.

Also if you were City and with the ambitions they have, would you buy Ings and rely on his goals with his injury record? I wouldn't. And finally Guardiola famously dropped Aguero at first until he worked harder for the team so Ings won't be able to go there and do less work than he currently does.

I think his level would be Everton or Spurs or possibly West Ham if they get into Europe, but overall I think he'll stay.

I really like Ings as a player. But in a fully fit and firing Everton team, he’d be on the bench. I can’t see him splitting up DCL and Richarlison or playing wider to play in a three.

I’d love to see at Everton as back up/squad player but I don’t think Everton would pay that kind of transfer fee now for a squad player.

Likewise he would only go to Spurs if Kane left otherwise he’d be on the bench there too.
Danny Ings Wants Game Time Not Bench Time Next Season on 15:57 - Mar 31 with 595 viewsstmichael

Danny Ings Wants Game Time Not Bench Time Next Season on 13:19 - Mar 31 by solent_toffee

I really like Ings as a player. But in a fully fit and firing Everton team, he’d be on the bench. I can’t see him splitting up DCL and Richarlison or playing wider to play in a three.

I’d love to see at Everton as back up/squad player but I don’t think Everton would pay that kind of transfer fee now for a squad player.

Likewise he would only go to Spurs if Kane left otherwise he’d be on the bench there too.

Blue tinted specs there which I understand.
The only thing your strikers have on Ings is age.
Pep presumably agrees because if he wanted either of them he would take them just like he will Ings..

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Danny Ings Wants Game Time Not Bench Time Next Season on 17:22 - Mar 31 with 545 viewsRon11

A fit Danny Ings is a top level Premiership Player. Look at his scoring record last season - he's class.
If he stays uninjured I'd hate to see him leave.
Danny Ings Wants Game Time Not Bench Time Next Season on 17:39 - Mar 31 with 508 viewssolent_toffee

Danny Ings Wants Game Time Not Bench Time Next Season on 15:57 - Mar 31 by stmichael

Blue tinted specs there which I understand.
The only thing your strikers have on Ings is age.
Pep presumably agrees because if he wanted either of them he would take them just like he will Ings..

Yes I’d agree with you there.

It wouldn’t make sense spending X amount of money on a player with possibly no resale value given his age when they have two top young strikers already who score a lot of goals already.

Unless it’s Aguero like!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024