Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Moyes 22:38 - Apr 5 with 1074 viewsSaintsforeverj

We were linked with Moyes on a few occasions. He was excellent at Everton back in the day. You can't judge him on his spell at Man U I don't think. Had he been given more time, he probably would have got it right there. We talk about "dinosaurs" as the older managers around but Moyes is excellent it seems. West Ham are in the champions league places.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 23:01]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

David Moyes on 22:52 - Apr 5 with 1049 viewsA1079

He has certainly got West Ham playing well this year and entertaining football with it. After years of disruption within the club they seem to have got their act together at all levels. I have never liked the manner and way in which they acquired their ground and it is not a patch on the old Upton Park for atmosphere but I do recall them as a club from the days of John Lyall when they were a good side to watch (showing my age) - a good era of Lyall, Birkenshaw, McMenemy and Bobby Robson at Ipswich.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 22:53]
David Moyes on 23:06 - Apr 5 with 1033 viewsSaintsforeverj

David Moyes on 22:52 - Apr 5 by A1079

He has certainly got West Ham playing well this year and entertaining football with it. After years of disruption within the club they seem to have got their act together at all levels. I have never liked the manner and way in which they acquired their ground and it is not a patch on the old Upton Park for atmosphere but I do recall them as a club from the days of John Lyall when they were a good side to watch (showing my age) - a good era of Lyall, Birkenshaw, McMenemy and Bobby Robson at Ipswich.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 22:53]

To be honest, not that I particularly like their fans or the club, but they are a proper club with a passionate fan base. There were some fantastic games at Upton Park when we played them. That was one hell of an atmosphere. Their new ground doesn't suit them at all, being so far away from the pitch in a bowl but yeah Moyes is doing the business there.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 23:06]

David Moyes on 23:24 - Apr 5 with 1010 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Agreed, however West Ham have spent considerably more than Saints would do - they have spent a LOT of money.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

David Moyes on 23:29 - Apr 5 with 1004 viewsSaintsforeverj

David Moyes on 23:24 - Apr 5 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Agreed, however West Ham have spent considerably more than Saints would do - they have spent a LOT of money.

You're right but that was because their fans strongly demanded it and it shows that proper investment can bring the rewards.

David Moyes on 06:37 - Apr 6 with 937 viewssaint22

David Moyes on 23:29 - Apr 5 by Saintsforeverj

You're right but that was because their fans strongly demanded it and it shows that proper investment can bring the rewards.

I think differences this time around are clearly that moyes was given cash to spend having identified exactly what they needed player wise and he spent it where needed, now they are reaping rewards
If Ralph is backed we could do the same, but will he be.......?
David Moyes on 07:23 - Apr 6 with 926 viewsTripleNiemi

I strongly demand that Saints spend £100m this summer.......

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

David Moyes on 08:41 - Apr 6 with 894 viewsMytchettSaint

Ah! An example of a club whose fans can get on their owners backs but the owners still invest in the club. interesting. I wonder what Nick thinks about that.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

David Moyes on 10:34 - Apr 6 with 824 viewsJaySaint

Moyes looks like he has his mojo back. He has been fantastic this season

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Login to get fewer ads

David Moyes on 11:18 - Apr 6 with 800 views1teeminants

West Ham and Leicester have proved that proper investment from the right people can bring rewards. You don’t have to be a massive club to achieve things .These two clubs, particularly West Ham have been knocking around level with us for years although it has to be said they are only now getting it right after spending money and not getting anywhere . With the right backing you can go from a small/ medium size club to a big club because your good players see the potential, sign contracts and other good players want to come aboard . European football can follow as too, winning silverware so you grow as a club.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

David Moyes on 13:29 - Apr 6 with 736 viewsBerber

He was worse than dreadful at Sunderland.
David Moyes on 19:29 - Apr 6 with 683 viewsCity_boy

I agree that West Ham have exceeded their (and others) expectations, and are doing well in the league.

However, I don't think this season defines Moyes as good manager and still wouldn't want him at Saints. This season is surreal, with many results that would not have happened in a normal season with fans. You only have to look at the number of away wins and number of clubs that have won more away than at home (or very close) !

Similarly, clubs that used have solid home form (e.g. Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Leicester etc) have lost a lot at home.

It's really hard to read anything into this season, other than Man City being a class above all others in the league (and clocking up a further £126m loss !).
David Moyes on 22:53 - Apr 6 with 631 viewsSadoldgit

Yes West Ham are having a good season. David Moyes claims to be a “winner” but he hasn’t actually won anything yet. When he does, let’s talk about his status as a top manager.
David Moyes on 23:17 - Apr 6 with 617 viewshedgeend61

David Moyes on 23:24 - Apr 5 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Not recently they haven't.

West Ham's net total spend 19-20 and 20-21 is 34m, and they've gone from 16th nearly relegated last year to CL contenders this, whilst ours over the same period was 40m.

Villa 200m, Everton 100m are only a couple of wins in front of us, that after us winning just 1 game in 12, Newcastle 64m may go down this season.

So you can spend millions and millions with no guarantees,
sometimes just tread water really.
David Moyes on 09:13 - Apr 7 with 543 viewskernow

At the start of the season my Hammer mate was struggling to identify three worse teams in the PL.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024